Battlefield 5 will still be military themed, says EA CFO

XTankSlayerX

Just wondering, what happened to battlefield hardline, did that blow up?

I don't think anyone ever expected that to be a success (or anything other than a complete flop), except maybe the poor sod who suggested it and the executive with dollar-sign-shaped eyes that gave it the go-ahead.

I won't be surprised if it'll be a cash in on CoD:AW though, kinda like how CoD4 was a cash in on BF2. (< BF5 I mean =P)

What's the point in releasing new version each year as separate game, just do it as DLC already...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Bring on WW1 lol I want to fly around a bi-plane dropping bombs by hand haha

Either this or Warhammer 40K:

Drive_me_closer_i_want_to_hit_them_with_

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Battlefield 2052 anyone?

I'd like to see them replace the tanks with mech's. That way Titanfall can look like shit when we have massive mech battles.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

already fooled me into buying bf4 , no thanks to another COD copy , this military themed going to be called Battlefield Future Warfare ??   :) !

Arma 3 all the way :)

( yes I know A3 is set in the future , but it feels like a 'realistic' and not laser guns and jet packs. )

BF isn't a COD copy. BF maps are larger, there are vehicles and a bigger emphasis on teamwork (if you're doing it right).

BF exists somewhere between ARMA (simulation) and COD (arcade). And that's the way I like it.

BF5 should be a modern setting, built on a new engine that shows the improvements from the lessons learned from BF3 and BF4. Stars Battlefront is the future tech multiplayer game you want, if you don't want a modern military multiplayer FPS (and it's fine if you don't) then BF5 wont be the game for you.

I'd like another WWII themed FPS. I don't see how much more they could milk the whole modern theme. BF3 and BF4 are practically the same game. BF5 is going to have to part ways from the modern theme if it wants to succeed. I won't buy into the same thing over and over again. The only reason I got BF4 (which I enjoy thoroughly btw) is because I never had BF3. If BF5 is just BF4 with new maps, I don't see myself buying it. I am, however, really excited for Battlefront. I played the first 2 Battlefronts to death on my PS2 (still have them and play them occasionally) and can't wait to see what they will pull off.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

already fooled me into buying bf4 , no thanks to another COD copy , this military themed going to be called Battlefield Future Warfare ??   :) !

Arma 3 all the way :)

( yes I know A3 is set in the future , but it feels like a 'realistic' and not laser guns and jet packs. )

• COD = Arena Shooter (Think, Quake series, UT series, etc).

• Battlefield Bad-Company: Squad based, but more streamlined and caters to COD folks who like a simpler, run and gun, TDM environment - but still a bit of the "BIG" feel that Battlefield provides.

• Battlefield: Large Scale team/squad-based shooter. yes, it has TDM modes and stupid stuff like that that make it more like COD, but at the heart, it is a tactical/squad based shooter on a large scale.

• ARMA3: Military Simulator.

I say the problem isn't the game, it's the players. Too many people play BF3 like it's BC2 or COD. They go solo, run and gun, and want kills. I will not play Battlefield without a squad on teamspeak - I just cannot do it. 

Okay, sure, they for some reason are catering more and more to these type of players, and making it easier for them to play. Which I think is hurting the battlefield series. Honestly, they should have both the bad Company Series, and make the Battlefield series a slight bit more hardcore - and more penalties for playing solo. If you want to run solo - play bad company. If you like to play and support a team, and dont care as much about an amazing KDR, play BF4/5/whatever.

All this being said -  Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have another WW2 based Battlefield game????? ::cries a little::

Battlefield-1942-new-3-icon.png

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

BREAKING NEWS! A GAME THAT'S BEEN A MILITARY SHOOTER FOR ITS ENTIRE EXISTENCE WILL CONTINUE TO BE A MILITARY SHOOTER.

BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM 2 PLEASE!!!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

BREAKING NEWS! A GAME THAT'S BEEN A MILITARY SHOOTER FOR ITS ENTIRE EXISTENCE WILL CONTINUE TO BE A MILITARY SHOOTER.

They are telling people that not all Battlefields will be police-themed like BFH

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The futuristic stuff is getting way played out. They should return to a WWII era shooter. There hasn't been any FPS games from WWII era done in new game engines like Frostbite 3 or other visually impressive engines.

Devs keep trying to make games way too over the top. Just keep it simple fun.

I think they should go further back. Back to the 16th century. I'm tired of WW2 and beyond.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

maybe im a little biased , used to live in South Africa , only one server was full really , metro 64 , so yeah , call of duty and that wasn't much different

So jumped ship , arma wasteland :) 

I think they should go further back. Back to the 16th century. I'm tired of WW2 and beyond.

the gunplay of that era would be very average  i would myself like another WW2 Era Version i think it would be cool

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

the gunplay of that era would be very average  i would myself like another WW2 Era Version i think it would be cool

I want it especially because how the guns are going to have to be absolute crap. You get one shot, you miss and it's minutes of reloading for you while the other guy takes his shot. It's like Fistful of Frags. That's why I like that game.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I want it especially because how the guns are going to have to be absolute crap. You get one shot, you miss and it's minutes of reloading for you while the other guy takes his shot. It's like Fistful of Frags. That's why I like that game.

indeed sound like it will sell tens of millions of copies!

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

2143 or gtfo.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You know BF4 is a failure when people are already discussing about the next game.

What a relief, For a moment there i thought battlefield 5 would be a racing game.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Battlefield 2142 was a huge flop, EA already learned their lesson.

Guess the thousands of players I played with/against almost daily thought it was a flop aswel. Shame =/

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

You know BF4 is a failure when people are already discussing about the next game.

Not much of a failure at this point...

Not like Destiny where Destiny 2 is being discussed 1 month after release.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I couldn't care less about the theme or the backgroud story/single player, because that has never been Battlefield's strongsuit. All I want is a somewhat smooth launch with no gamebreaking bugs, absolutely ridiculous netcode and hit registration and I'm almost happy. Them taking time until late 2015/early 2016 for the development of the game is already a (hopefully) good sign, that they've learned from the launch of BF4. Let's hope that EA is also going to play ball, and is not going to push them to an earlier release.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900