4K IPS monitor from Dell strting at $599

MasterJV

Dell is now offering 60Hz 4k monitor starting at $599 for the 24 inch model and and extra $100 for the 27 inch model. What makes these special? They are IPS. 

• Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution: Over 8 million pixels with four times the resolution of Full HD, plus wide color coverage at 99% sRGB (deltaE <3).
  • The included stand enables tilt (5° forward or 21° backward), pivot, swivel and even provides built-in cable-management.
  • With DisplayPort 1.21, you can daisy-chain two monitors side by side by connecting via the DP-in and DP-out ports, eliminating the need to link every one of your monitors to the PC and reducing cable clutter.
  • Customize your viewing experience with a height-adjustable stand, or save desktop space by detaching the stand for wall mounting with a VESA-compatible 100mm x 100mm wall mount kit. (Wall mounting equipment sold separately.)

post-21704-0-15192900-1416456582.jpg

Best part is that you can buy them on Dell website RIGHT NOW! The only downside is that the stand doesnt feature height adjust but fortunately Dell didn't commit of sin of not including a vesa mount. For more details, the link to Dells store is below for both versions along with the TechReport article as well.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=860-BBFF (24 Inch)

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=210-ADOF (27 inch)

http://techreport.com/news/27385/dell-latest-4k-displays-bring-ips-goodness-down-to-600

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

TBH I would rather have 4* u2414h.

Albeit you can only get 2-3 for that price.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Is this that ultra-cheap 4k monitors that we heard about intel and dell doing a colab on a while ago?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

DAMNIT. I want the 27inch.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Nice, but I'm not sure I want to commit to 4K. Games are hard enough to run at 1440P, 4K is just a little to much for current GPU's. 

now I am waiting for people like asus to respond to the competition :D

Oh I see. It was so long ago...:P

Hopefully they give dell some more competition and prices drop even more.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nice, even 60Hz. I would rather have three U2414Hes though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I wouldn't mind getting the 24 inch model, if I had a GPU that could run it smoothly.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Nice, but I'm not sure I want to commit to 4K. Games are hard enough to run at 1440P, 4K is just a little to much for current GPU's. 

Agreed, though Dell's P series in which this monitor falls into is meant for Work stations and offices. Thats the only place where I see a 4k monitor being used atm unless you have monster Rig capable of 4k gaming (dual 980/290X.) Maybe next generation we will start seeing even cheaper monitor and more capable cards.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Oh I see. It was so long ago... :P

Hopefully they give dell some more competition and prices drop even more.

Dell's only real competition comes from LG and ASUS. Samsung doesn't tend to fight at price parity in 1440p or 4K. They offer premium quality for premium price. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Now.....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! b)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Dell is now offering 60Hz 4k monitor starting at $599 for the 24 inch model and and extra $100 for the 27 inch model. What makes these special? They are IPS. 

attachicon.gifdell-p2415q-monitor-hero.jpg

Best part is that you can buy them on Dell website RIGHT NOW! The only downside is that the stand doesnt feature height adjust but fortunately Dell didn't commit of sin of not including a vesa mount. For more details, the link to Dells store is below for both versions along with the TechReport article as well.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=860-BBFF (24 Inch)

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=210-ADOF (27 inch)

http://techreport.com/news/27385/dell-latest-4k-displays-bring-ips-goodness-down-to-600

The pricing had been revealed for about a week already, and Dell ran a promotion which you can buy the P2715Q for $503 last week, which I had add to my post about the pricing of P2715Q, P2415Q and U3415W in HK earlier this month when someone replied my post with that promotion. Unfortunately this promotion ended last Sunday.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/249767-dell-u3415w-p2715q-and-p2415q-is-now-available-for-purchase-on-dells-china-and-hong-kong-website/#entry3439461

btw, probably world's first unboxing of P2415Q @HKEPC (in Chinese)

http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2144447&extra=page%3D1

Dell's only real competition comes from LG and ASUS. Samsung doesn't tend to fight at price parity in 1440p or 4K. They offer premium quality for premium price. 

What?

If intel and dell make a 4k monitor that costs $500 it would be a competitor to this dell monitor because it costs less for an almost identical product.

Do you understand what competition means?

Spoiler

The pricing had been revealed for about a week already, and Dell ran a promotion which you can buy the P2715Q for $503 last week, which I had add to my post about the pricing of P2715Q, P2415Q and U3415W in HK earlier this month when someone replied my post with that promotion. Unfortunately this promotion ended last Sunday

Sorry, the search button and google didn't bring up the results so I went ahead and posted it.

What?

If intel and dell make a 4k monitor that costs $500 it would be a competitor to this dell monitor because it costs less for an almost identical product.

Do you understand what competition means?

Samsung and Intel. Second, it wouldn't be the same product. Samsung still supports VGA for crying out loud. Samsung is also low on the list of USB port providers. Its panels are also inferior to Dell's which are sourced from LG.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Sorry, the search button and google didn't bring up the results so I went ahead and posted it.

No worries, actually this is my fault, as I should treat the pricing in US and HK as two post, not one...

Samsung and Intel. Second, it wouldn't be the same product. Samsung still supports VGA for crying out loud. Samsung is also low on the list of USB port providers. Its panels are also inferior to Dell's which are sourced from LG.

Well first, if you scrolled down before replying, you would see someone already corrected me on that.

Second, there is nothing wrong with VGA for 1080p monitors.

Third, I dont see what USB ports have to do with monitors.

Fourth, the monitor they are planning to make will be cheaper by $100-200 than the $600 Dell.

Fifth, unless the person buying the monitor is a professional content creator (which in this case should not be buying either monitor) the consumer probably wont notice any difference between one panel manufacturer and another.

Spoiler

I like my 1440p  screen, but these look awesome. I really just need to get my 2 970s soon so I can run games at 1440p like I used to be able to at 1080

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I want the Dell 4k to be good gaming one. Like the lag has to be on par with typical 1440p monitors, not the GTG. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well first, if you scrolled down before replying, you would see someone already corrected me on that.

Second, there is nothing wrong with VGA for 1080p monitors.

Third, I dont see what USB ports have to do with monitors.

Fourth, the monitor they are planning to make will be cheaper by $100-200 than the $600 Dell.

Fifth, unless the person buying the monitor is a professional content creator (which in this case should not be buying either monitor) the consumer probably wont notice any difference between one panel manufacturer and another.

The difference between Samsung and LG is large. The difference between LG and Eizo/Sharp is minuscule despite the huge price difference. Also, USB ports on monitors are great for charging phones or running very portable external drives off of.