AC: Unity isn't that bad!

virtualTune

First of all, this is sort of a direct response to this forum post:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/251062-assassin-creed-unity-on-pc/

However, I felt as though my Point of view, the neutral, deserves a Discussion as I am hoping there are a few other individuals here, that are mature enough to look at everything objectively! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, stop spreading false information! The game IS NOT locked at 30 fps. It isn't optimized but depending on your settings you can easily do 50+ with decent visuals. I play on 1440p with a mix of high and ultra and my 780 does 35fps on average, which I am perfectly fine with. Sure 60fps would be nice, but I value visuals over high fps and there is no way i could get 60fps even if the game was optimized perfectly.

About the Bugs:
In my 12 hours of Gameplay, I came across 5 visual bugs. Either floating NPCs or floating weapons. In terms of Gameplay, there are instances when you can't pick up an item or open a chest, but that is very rare.

I think people are blowing these negatives way out of proportion, just because it is Ubisoft.
No I am not a fan of Ubisofts marketing strategy, nor am I happy about them releasing unfinished games. However, I am trying to look at their games from a purely objective point of view, and not pile on hate because it's cool.

-vT

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Big reason why people is unhappy it run bad on amd GPUs,I think 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Big reason why people is unhappy it run bad on amd GPUs,I think 

yeah I've read about that. You'd have to ask though, is Nvidia to blame. I know this question has been asked many times, but it seems still as though AMD gets shit on when Nvidia partners up with a Developer/Publisher

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Why would you defend bad optimization? Seriously, this doesn't make any sense except if buyers remorse is messing with you a bit. The game doesn't look fantastic and it runs like shit, there's no way to defend that. Yes, Crysis 3 also needs an extremely beefy PC to run at max settings, but the visual quality of the game justifies that. Also, the fact that you haven't run into any of the reported issues so far doesn't matter, many other people have and it is a clear sign of bad quality control.

You don't have any convincing arguments and frankly you shouldn't try to defend a giant company, because guess what, they just want to sell you their shit. You're doing the job of their PR-branch right now, it's called damage control. They knew what state their game was in and they knew how horrible it would turn out (which also explains the embargo on reviews, which is a terrible business practice and just shows that they were actively trying to trick people into buying a broken product). And that applies to any major company, you don't have a reason to and you just shouldn't defend any of their fuck-ups.

yeah I've read about that. You'd have to ask though, is Nvidia to blame. I know this question has been asked many times, but it seems still as though AMD gets shit on when Nvidia partners up with a Developer/Publisher

From what I heard it is a gameworks title and they use TXAA (which is fucking awful) as well. Both Nvidia and Ubisoft are probably to blame here.

Friend of mine has 90+ FPS in BF4 high and AC: Unity 27 on MEDIUM. it is a serious pile of garbage. EVEN on consoles it doesn't run well! I don't even know how they could fuck up this bad when they made this game so many times.. 

ubisoft-fuck.jpg

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

252d05a230377680ad6a8f91d5be5b686a47b678

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Friend of mine has 90+ FPS in BF4 high and AC: Unity 27 on MEDIUM. it is a serious pile of garbage. EVEN on consoles it doesn't run well! I don't even know how they could fuck up this bad when they made this game so many times.. 

Don't forget "Watch_Dogs"

-snip- 

Last time I checked, I was entitled to voice my own opinion and defend whichever game I desire, whether it is from CD Project, Bungie, EA or Ubisoft. Clearly I am reflecting on my own experience not on everybodys. All I am saying, is that you aren't guaranteed only 27fps and a buggy game! 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

This is the reason:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Not every1, i'd say not most of the people, can afford something that's a 690 or better gpu, so that's why everyone seems to be complaining, which is fine, it's dogshit that you can't play properly with a 770!. The problem is, that the gap is really big, you have a 10fps difference between low/mid/mid-high end and a high end gpu.

Also, you can see that most gpu's below the gap, have 2 or 3gb vram, the only gpu over the gap with 3gb  and 2gb are the 690 and the 780/780ti, which are high end, and some beast cards.

So, basically, you won't notice much low fps if you bought the new 970/980 or old NVIDIA high end gpus.

Also, the ONLY amd gpus over the gap are 290/290x.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Last time I checked, I was entitled to voice my own opinion and defend whichever game I desire, whether it is from CD Project, Bungie, EA or Ubisoft. Clearly I am reflecting on my own experience not on everybodys. All I am saying, is that you aren't guaranteed only 27fps and a buggy game! 

Which is not a convincing argument at all and still doesn't justify the practice of defending giant corporations. Sure, I could defend mass murderers, pedophiles and rapists because it's "my opinion" and because I'm entitled to it, but that still doesn't make it a good idea. As I said, you're doing the job of Ubisofts PR branch right now, stop it.

This is the reason:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Not every1, i'd say not most of the people, can afford something that's a 690 or better gpu, so that's why everyone seems to be complaining, which is fine, it's dogshit that you can't play properly with a 770!. The problem is, that the gap is really big, you have a 10fps difference between low/mid/mid-high end and a high end gpu.

Also, you can see that most gpu's below the gap, have 2 or 3gb vram, the only gpu over the gap with 3gb  and 2gb are the 690 and the 780/780ti, which are high end, and some beast cards.

So, basically, you won't notice much low fps if you bought the new 970/980 or old NVIDIA high end gpus.

Also, the ONLY amd gpus over the gap are 290/290x.

I must admit, I didn't think about mid/low end users. 

Still I would be interested what the define as VHQ?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I am not against what you say, all that I am saying is Ubisoft should take the game out of early alpha before releasing it to the public.

I must admit, I didn't think about mid/low end users. 

Still I would be interested what the define as VHQ?

Very High Quality.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Which is not a convincing argument at all and still doesn't justify the practice of defending giant corporations. Sure, I could defend mass murderers, pedophiles and rapists because it's "my opinion" and because I'm entitled to it, but that still doesn't make it a good idea. As I said, you're doing the job of Ubisofts PR branch right now, stop it.

who defines what a good idea is? Ohh yeah, I do! I won't stop it. If, in my experience, the game isn't as bad as the internet is making it, I want to make that known, so users with similar hardware will have a more than one opinion to influence their buying decision or general opinion about the game. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Very High Quality.

well yeah, but what are those specific settings. There is no VHQ preset, only High and Ultra. Some individual settings have the option. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

who defines what a good idea is? Ohh yeah, I do! I won't stop it. If, in my experience, the game isn't as bad as the internet is making it, I want to make that known, so users with similar hardware will have a more than one opinion to influence their buying decision or general opinion about the game. 

You don't get it.... FACT is: The game is horribly optimized (something that you already admitted yourself in the OP), the game doesn't look good enough to justify the required hardware to run it, tons of people have gamebreaking issues, the game is littered with bugs and glitches. This is FACT. If you say that those things are "fine" then you either have extremely low standards or you suffer from buyers remorse.

You don't get it.... FACT is: The game is horribly optimized (something that you already admitted yourself in the OP), the game doesn't look good enough to justify the required hardware to run it, tons of people have gamebreaking issues, the game is littered with bugs and glitches. This is FACT. If you say that those things are "fine" then you either have extremely low standards or you suffer from buyers remorse.

lol

I believe we have two very different opinions :) Also, Looks are subjective. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I have a gtx 780 and a i7 3770K

I play unity fine, yeah I get lag every now and then, but not bad at all, most the time the game looks beautiful and runs smooth as shit. seen like 1-2 bugs/glitches, meh nothing game breaking, only last like 2-3 seconds.

Everyone's just jumping on the bandwagon talking shit about ubisoft, when they actually have no clue whats going on.

and for totalbiscuit, I have no clue what he's talking about, if he's complaining about poor fps with sli 980, I don't even know :f

lol

I believe we have two very different opinions :) Also, Looks are subjective. 

Texture quality is not subjective. The detail on 3D models is not subjective. If you seriously want to tell me that AC unity looks good enough to justify the horrible performance then you're out of your mind. Bugs aren't "subjective" either, the vast majority of people having issues isn't subjective either. This has nothing to do with my opinion, you're actively defending a broken game and that's just incredibly stupid. Getting fucked with a sandpaper condom "isn't that bad" when you use a little lube either, that still doesn't mean you should defend the practice.

It's really choppy for me on PS4, But from what I hear PC has it worse. Patches incoming I guess (I hope).
I'm enjoying the story however.
post-54950-0-71257000-1416055626.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Texture quality is not subjective. The detail on 3D models is not subjective. If you seriously want to tell me that AC unity looks good enough to justify the horrible performance then you're out of your mind. Bugs aren't "subjective" either, the vast majority of people having issues isn't subjective either. This has nothing to do with my opinion, you're actively defending a broken game and that's just incredibly stupid. Getting fucked with a sandpaper condom "isn't that bad" when you use a little lube either, that still doesn't mean you should defend the practice.

All of it is.

Also please keep this in mind:

Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

All of it is.

Also please keep this in mind:

Yeah, sure. Buyers remorse in full effect here. Let's defend the company that stated just a few months back that optimization for PC is not a priority since PC gamers will just buy new and more powerful hardware anyway, let's defend a game that runs incredibly poor on basically any hardware combination and is littered with bugs, let's further defend the fact that many people who bought the game probably can't even play it because they get 20fps average on the lowest settings possible on their mid-tier gaming PC, let's do all that and more because "it's not that bad!"..... Jesus fucking christ I'm terribly sorry that I don't want to defend those kind of practices and sorry for calling you out on some incredibly dumb statements.

It's really choppy for me on PS4, But from what I hear PC has it worse. Patches incoming I guess (I hope).

I heard it's getting better when you turn off internet-connectivity (however you do that).

Also congrats to 1,111 posts.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I heard it's getting better when you turn off internet-connectivity (however you do that).

Also congrats to 1,111 posts.

I will try that, thanks.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER