AC: Unity isn't that bad!

virtualTune

So against my better judgement i picked up this game off g2a downloaded the beta amd driver and went to see how terrible it is and its not... yes it has problems no doubt but im using amd 8320 and a 280x and i run ultra at about 40 fps id say online not tried offline yet. My friend got it too and hes having a bad time crashing npcs in the roofs lol all sorts of issues and hes running a 780 which is confusing as this is an nvidia game

I also run a 780 and on ultra i have <30fps

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Why would you defend bad optimization? Seriously, this doesn't make any sense except if buyers remorse is messing with you a bit. The game doesn't look fantastic and it runs like shit, there's no way to defend that. Yes, Crysis 3 also needs an extremely beefy PC to run at max settings, but the visual quality of the game justifies that. Also, the fact that you haven't run into any of the reported issues so far doesn't matter, many other people have and it is a clear sign of bad quality control.

You don't have any convincing arguments and frankly you shouldn't try to defend a giant company, because guess what, they just want to sell you their shit. You're doing the job of their PR-branch right now, it's called damage control. They knew what state their game was in and they knew how horrible it would turn out (which also explains the embargo on reviews, which is a terrible business practice and just shows that they were actively trying to trick people into buying a broken product). And that applies to any major company, you don't have a reason to and you just shouldn't defend any of their fuck-ups.

From what I heard it is a gameworks title and they use TXAA (which is fucking awful) as well. Both Nvidia and Ubisoft are probably to blame here.

Do u play any of assassins creed title?

Well, though to be fair, the game is good, the gameplay, the graphics (when it works), all are pretty good (in my personal opinion).

Ubisoft already admitted their bugs here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-PC-XB1-amp-PS4-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues

They know they have performance problem and apparently trying to fix it. (Hopefully)

But let's do some recap: Poor optimisation even on consoles and NVidia cards and exceeding DX11's limit.

I'd agree with the OP the game isn't bad, but it seems the consensus among us is... performance is bad. For the progress, check out the link above and see their "list".

One other thing is I don't think it's NVidia's fault, I really don't, else it would run well on their cards, but even Nvidia users are getting whacked, Ubisoft takes the cake.

Well, though to be fair, the game is good, the gameplay, the graphics (when it works), all are pretty good (in my personal opinion).

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-PC-XB1-amp-PS4-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues

They know they have performance problem and apparently trying to fix it. (Hopefully)

But let's do some recap: Poor optimisation even on consoles and NVidia cards and exceeding DX11's limit.

I'd agree with the OP the game isn't bad, but it seems the consensus among us is... performance is bad. For the progress, check out the link above and see their "list".

One other thing is I don't think it's NVidia's fault, I really don't, else it would run well on their cards, but even Nvidia users are getting whacked, Ubisoft takes the cake.

I already posted that link earlier. Also, there is no doubt Nvidia suggested Ubisoft to prefer their cards after they used so many Nvidia Technologies. 

have u got the beta drivers installed?

yes. 344.65

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I already posted that link earlier. Also, there is no doubt Nvidia suggested Ubisoft to prefer their cards after they used so many Nvidia Technologies.

Oops, my bad, and yes, obviously Nvidia would suggest their cards over AMD's.... but they didn't expect Ubisoft to interpret that as "Instead of not giving any card attention, give ours just a bit more", and literally.... a bit more.

Funny how this game was made for AMD hardware(on console potatoes) yet  runs like shit on AMD hardware...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

They bought this after they released AC:Unity, It's been digging since then! They have since surpassed the (AMD) mantle!

attachicon.gifUbisoft Meme.jpg

lollll

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

The gameplay went backwards and the parkour feels like the system is simply confused at times...

There's no ship combat, that's fine.  But there is nothing fun that replaces it...

Graphics really isn't that good...  It's more comparable to vanilla skyrim with face model mods than a 2014 PC title.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

From what I heard it is a gameworks title and they use TXAA (which is fucking awful) as well. Both Nvidia and Ubisoft are probably to blame here.

TXAA is the weirdest AA I've ever seen. It looks awesome in games like Evolve, but in games like Black Ops 2 it makes me wanna use no AA instead.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

When a single 780 beats a 295x2, you know the devs fucked up.

Bro, the R9 290X beats the R9 295X2 in those tests. What.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

The gameplay went backwards and the parkour feels like the system is simply confused at times...

There's no ship combat, that's fine.  But there is nothing fun that replaces it...

Graphics really isn't that good...  It's more comparable to vanilla skyrim with face model mods than a 2014 PC title.

That's why I said personally, because it seems fun for me, it felt smoother and more "controllable" if you know what I meant, and I can't be sure on the graphics department, maybe it's just me, but it does look better than Vanilla Skyrim. But still, that's my opinion, yours is different, and that's fine.

That's why I said personally, because it seems fun for me, it felt smoother and more "controllable" if you know what I meant, and I can't be sure on the graphics department, maybe it's just me, but it does look better than Vanilla Skyrim. But still, that's my opinion, yours is different, and that's fine.

^This!

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Is there much visual difference in the highest quality setting and let's say, medium quiality?

For once, I will actually agree about stopping the hate bashing Ubisoft and rather have a meaningful conversation. Can we please stop saying 'it's wrong to defend a company' and rather start stating reasons why (it's sort of hypocritical to bash Ubisoft and not Corsair in this sense).

To the OP- based on what I have read (from benchmarking sites) and heard (TotalBiscuit), AC is very poorly optimized to the point where even the fastest hardware, that being a GTX 980 right now cannot play it at a fixed frame rate on a 1080p monitor. I think many people may see this as a drawing call to reduce the push to 4k, or other's who are sad that they have paid 60$ for a game and cannot play it. Both of these arguments do make sense, and more fuel is added given Ubisoft's 'Watch Dogs' which was deliberately underhanded, with speculations pointing at the console manufacturers for pressurizing Ubisoft to 'lock away' settings, and Ubisoft actually doing so. It does not help when you think of Ubisoft's poor track record with DRM as well; it's like having a cat bite you over and over again, so you a) keep on thinking that it's going to keep on biting you b) whenever it bites you, start attacking it back

You guys are crazy! Ubisoft is pushing the gaming community forward by releasing hardware demanding titles

:D