AC: Unity isn't that bad!

virtualTune

Yeah, sure. Buyers remorse in full effect here. Let's defend the company that stated just a few months back that optimization for PC is not a priority since PC gamers will just buy new and more powerful hardware anyway, let's defend a game that runs incredibly poor on basically any hardware combination and is littered with bugs, let's further defend the fact that many people who bought the game probably can't even play it because they get 20fps average on the lowest settings possible on their mid-tier gaming PC, let's do all that and more because "it's not that bad!"..... Jesus fucking christ I'm terribly sorry that I don't want to defend those kind of practices and sorry for calling you out on some incredibly dumb statements.

Say hi to Builder, Jobbe and Patrick :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I heard it's getting better when you turn off internet-connectivity (however you do that).

Also congrats to 1,111 posts.

it does that for me automatically every now and then :D

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

The vast majority of people can't run well this game (if they can launch the game that is), witch mean that it's pretty bad in the end, heck it's not just the pc even consoles have problems with this game.

I'm happy for you if the game run well with your setup, but put yourself in the shoes of someone who bought the game full price and can't play the game at all because of the crap ubisoft pulled out. They completely deserve the hate they got on the net.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Just came across this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-PC-XB1-amp-PS4-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues

Damn! I had no idea there were that many issues. 

You might actually be right, @Nohrellas. I must admit, there is no excuse for selling a game with that many problems. It was my understanding that all of the issues were minor visual bugs like the ones I had, aside from the frame rate. But games crashing and players getting trapped and having to restart the game, let alone the game not even starting :o  That is unacceptable.

I must apologize to anyone who was offended by my earlier posts!  They don't deserve any defending, just because I got lucky. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Just came across this post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-PC-XB1-amp-PS4-AC-Unity-Current-Known-Issues

Damn! I had no idea there were that many issues. 

You might actually be right, @Nohrellas. I must admit, there is no excuse for selling a game with that many problems. It was my understanding that all of the issues were minor visual bugs like the ones I had, aside from the frame rate. But games crashing and players getting trapped and having to restart the game, let alone the game not even starting :o  That is unacceptable.

I must apologize to anyone who was offended by my earlier posts!  They don't deserve any defending, just because I got lucky. 

Then I apologize as well for the strong language, I thought that you were aware of the issues that the game has and that you were defending this whole mess. I hope you also understand that I wasn't trying to undermine your right to express your opinion, I was just baffled by the fact that someone would actually try to defend something like this.

Shit game is shit, UBIWANK STRIKES BACK

OBI WAN WANKERNOBI UBIWANKSOFT EDITION.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Esn6dXv.gif

after what I've played on ACU, even putting performance issues aside, I'd still rather play black flag

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Texture quality is not subjective. The detail on 3D models is not subjective. If you seriously want to tell me that AC unity looks good enough to justify the horrible performance then you're out of your mind. Bugs aren't "subjective" either, the vast majority of people having issues isn't subjective either. This has nothing to do with my opinion, you're actively defending a broken game and that's just incredibly stupid. Getting fucked with a sandpaper condom "isn't that bad" when you use a little lube either, that still doesn't mean you should defend the practice.

Even when optimized the game wouldn't run much better than Crysis 3.

The game is tech wise better than Crysis 3 in many ways the only game that is even comparable from a tech level is Ryse Son Of Rome and Star Citizen.

AC:U uses PBR which is extremely heavy to that it has global illumination and local reflections.

Not to mention the cloth physics,hair physics,volumetric smoke, lit particles,fading soft shadows,cloud shadows,thousands NPC's and the list goes on and on.

The performance needs some clean ups but all in all it's not that bad especially if you turn some settings down.

For me all crashes are gone since the second patch and the only bug I had was getting stuck in hay but that also got patched.

And the low fps in cut scene problem got also patched.

RTX2070OC 

First of all, this is sort of a direct response to this forum post:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/251062-assassin-creed-unity-on-pc/

However, I felt as though my Point of view, the neutral, deserves a Discussion as I am hoping there are a few other individuals here, that are mature enough to look at everything objectively! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, stop spreading false information! The game IS NOT locked at 30 fps. It isn't optimized but depending on your settings you can easily do 50+ with decent visuals. I play on 1440p with a mix of high and ultra and my 780 does 35fps on average, which I am perfectly fine with. Sure 60fps would be nice, but I value visuals over high fps and there is no way i could get 60fps even if the game was optimized perfectly.

About the Bugs:

In my 12 hours of Gameplay, I came across 5 visual bugs. Either floating NPCs or floating weapons. In terms of Gameplay, there are instances when you can't pick up an item or open a chest, but that is very rare.

I think people are blowing these negatives way out of proportion, just because it is Ubisoft.

No I am not a fan of Ubisofts marketing strategy, nor am I happy about them releasing unfinished games. However, I am trying to look at their games from a purely objective point of view, and not pile on hate because it's cool.

-vT

You got an Nvidia card, plug in a high end AMD GPU and report your findings...

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I really want to play the game but since I "only" have a 280x and a 3570, I can't.

Esn6dXv.gif

Take it we both watched the WAN show  :lol:  

When Linus and crew, cannot even test the damn game, with all the hardware they have access too,,, you know that the game is seriously bad.

If gameplay gets smoothed out, you can play, and you can have fun.

Did multi-player today while it actually wanted to play fair (just logged back in,,, its spiking all over again  :huh: ) and it was actually a lot of fun, so were a few of the solo side missions and exploring all be it averaging only between 20-30 with the odd nose dive to 5fps. Note, thats when it was not changing servers in the middle of missions?????

What I do not like, it the priorities they seem to be adhering to rolling out the patches, you would have thought smooth game play would be first and not a currency system. 

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

This is the reason:

Posted Image

Not every1, i'd say not most of the people, can afford something that's a 690 or better gpu, so that's why everyone seems to be complaining, which is fine, it's dogshit that you can't play properly with a 770!. The problem is, that the gap is really big, you have a 10fps difference between low/mid/mid-high end and a high end gpu.

Also, you can see that most gpu's below the gap, have 2 or 3gb vram, the only gpu over the gap with 3gb and 2gb are the 690 and the 780/780ti, which are high end, and some beast cards.

So, basically, you won't notice much low fps if you bought the new 970/980 or old NVIDIA high end gpus.

Also, the ONLY amd gpus over the gap are 290/290x.

When a single 780 beats a 295x2, you know the devs fucked up.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

When a single 780 beats a 295x2, you know the devs (had to) fuck(ed) up.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

When a single 780 beats a 295x2, you know the devs fucked up.

When a 290x beats a 295. there's an entirely different problem. lol

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

also thise fps numbers are full bs, find me anyone who is actually getting that fps with a 290x

the only way i get that type of fps is by looking only into the air, and the moment you look back down you get 30-35

This game is not realy bad optimized in my opinnion.

Its just like Crysis 3 GPU heavy, its rediculous.

It does not look cpu heavy to me.

I can run crysis 3 on high settings with my old 7850, i doubt i can do the same with ACU

I can run crysis 3 on high settings with my old 7850, i doubt i can do the same with ACU

Nope you cant, i tried it on my 7870ghz, and on low settings 1080p i got arround 30 fps.

But on mid to high settings, it was just unplayable.

what bothers me is that even turning all of the settings to low dosent seem to help my fps in the bad spots, i can walk past the crowd in front of the Notre Dame and ill get 30 fps no matter what my video settings are

Nope you cant, i tried it on my 7870ghz, and on low settings 1080p i got arround 30 fps.

But on mid to high settings, it was just unplayable.

Then there's something wrong with your pc m8.. I played it on 1080p and i got 35-40fps avg. I used smaa.

Then there's something wrong with your pc m8.. I played it on 1080p and i got 35-40fps avg. I used smaa.

i talk about Assassin creed unity

Crysis 3 is a bit better playable offcourse :D

I can deal with the FPS issues since I have 2 beastly graphics cards. What's stopped me from playing it is the crash to desktop after 10 mins of play. Exactly 10 mins every time :(

So against my better judgement i picked up this game off g2a downloaded the beta amd driver and went to see how terrible it is and its not... yes it has problems no doubt but im using amd 8320 and a 280x and i run ultra at about 40 fps id say online not tried offline yet. My friend got it too and hes having a bad time crashing npcs in the roofs lol all sorts of issues and hes running a 780 which is confusing as this is an nvidia game