No Warlords of Draenor threads?

thegamezbeplayed

what gives?

I have yet to play because im on that 8-5 grind. but when i get home its gonna be hard to get me off my computer.

i just hope my computer can handle the graphical updates. Camera likes to glitch out.

But how is everyones experiences so far?

my bro sent me a snap chat of thousands of players at the dark portal and some epic battle that followed. Feelsbadman.

I can't even afford it right now, sadly. Game optimization might be a bit better now though.

I can't even afford it right now, sadly. Game optimization might be a bit better now though.

I think all the games leading up to WoD are 20$ and then warlords is 50?

could be wrong

I think all the games leading up to WoD are 20$ and then warlords is 50?

could be wrong

I already have everything, besides WoD. Which is 40 euros

My guess is that people are either at work, busy playing, or just don't really care about WoD. (I'm in the third category :P )

I wont get to play till i return home from work either. But i dont forsee WOD being any harder on your hardware than MOP. In fact it'll probably be less intensive since they removed AA.

Also maybe you should change the name of this to Warlords of Draneor thread and everyone can post experiences here.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I wont get to play till i return home from work either. But i dont forsee WOD being any harder on your hardware than MOP. In fact it'll probably be less intensive since they removed AA.

AA?

also i cant wait to play cuz this is the first time I am playing an expac at release!

The only boss i beat while in progresison was Lich King and it was epic. Go in and just wipe and nobody cares cuz its new and exciting

edit: i tend to put my response in the quote....

This reminds me I have to go to EB Games Canada and get the $5 back that I put on the game and just put it on a gift card.  Too broke to pay off what was to be a birthday present for someone and really the ***** can *** for all I care.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

i thought AA at first but its been a while since i played wow and thought it may have been something else

I thought the game looked fuzzier....

Yeah blizzard in their efforts to make the game run on a toaster removed the wonderful methods of AA like multisampling and replaced it with crappy less intensive post processing methods like cmaa that make everything look blurry.

Yeah blizzard in their efforst to make the game run on a toaster removed the wonderful methods of AA like multisampling and replaced it with crappy less intensive post processing methods like cmaa that make everything look blurry.

thank you for clearing this up, i was very upset when i saw how blurry everything was and thought it was because my computer was no longer able to handle wow after the graphic 'update'

thank you for clearing this up, i was very upset when i saw how blurry everything was and thought it was because my computer was no longer able to handle wow after the graphic 'update'

I just turned it off. I tried to force AA in the nvidia control panel but i dont think it actually applied any AA to the game. I think there new deferred render engine in WOD by design cant do pre processing AA by technical limitations.

I just turned it off. I tried to force AA in the nvidia control panel but i dont think it actually applied any AA to the game. I think there new deferred render engine in WOD by design cant do pre processing AA by technical limitations.

is it that bad? I asked friends and they were like 'what do you mean blurry?'

it bothers me tho

It's killing me that I have to stay in school for a little longer, I really want to play WoD! Hopefully it's good.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

It's killing me that I have to stay in school for a little longer, I really want to play WoD! Hopefully it's good.

I had to quit wow my last semester, and then decided to just wait for WoD, i  plan to go all out.

ive also quit many times during the 5 years of schooling i took. Beating lichking was the best feeling ever

It's overrated. You're not missing anything, mate.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

What do you want to know about it? I played beta for a long time and didn't get it, because I am a PvP guy.

PvP perspective?

Classes were made much easier to play but the only classes "fun" to play imo that are left is Sub Rogue, Shadow Priest, and maybe Ret Paladin (which always starts off an expansion stronk and then gets nerfed). The classes are not close as far as difficulty level and balance is abysmal. Warrior is now complete mongo. Assassin rogue too strong, too easy. Hunter is lol easy. Balance druid is mind numbing and stronk. Feral druid is like a dumbed down rogue and WAY too stronk. Frost DK was dumbed down even more and prob the best DK spec for pvp, which is stupid. Mages were dumbed down HEAVILY. Ashran is garbage and something that PVE players will like more than PvP players. It gets boring really fast and is like a halfass GW2, but I know the PVE crowd will love it (no offense, we all like different stuff). 

PvE? Fine. The raid/dungeon content is prob a little better than release pandaria. If you really are into dungeons/raidings? Go for it. Should be fun for you. Also looks more interesting. I hated the whole Panda thing.

Storyline (which most people don't read or care about anyways, except boss encounters)? Horrible. I hate time travel/alternate universe crap. Feels like "this doesn't really count", "none of this really matters". This seems like a cash grab to get to the next REAL plot line, which I would bet money is Ashara, who is the bad character that isn't N'zoth/Sargeras we haven't seen yet.

Performance? AMD CPU's should get a boost. Stuff was offloaded to the GPU. Game ran like butter on my 4770k even with tons of people on screen in Ashran. 

If you are a PvE person? I say it might be worth it, as long as plot isn't huge to you. WoW is still far and away the best raiding/dungeon/performing raid game. The easier classes (minus a couple) should make it easier to dungeon/raid in and find a group with people who aren't douchebags. PvP? Wait to see if they fix stuff. 

WoW has never addressed botting in non rated BG's and last I played retail it was HORRIBLE. Arena is going to be a mess this season. Alliance racials are an attempt at a cash grab, and all the high end arena players are switching to Alliance. Dwarf healer racial stupidly good, and will also be very strong on melee. Gnome melee racial for rogue same (think Reckful/Pikaboo both playing one). Expect to see midgets all over the place. 

I would say if you are not very PvP centric you should be pretty happy. If you are? Meh. Not slamming the game, they are going in a different direction. It may end up the right choice, I don't know. Maybe classes were getting our of control as far as raiding difficulty. I just wish they could have kept the PvP cap.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I quit WoW a few years ago after playing Cataclysm for a bit and finding out it didn't bring anything new to the game, it was still exactly the same kind of grind as before. Been thinking about trying it out a few times since then, but I already beat the addiction once, don't want to put myself in danger again :)

what gives?

I have yet to play because im on that 8-5 grind. but when i get home its gonna be hard to get me off my computer.

i just hope my computer can handle the graphical updates. Camera likes to glitch out.

But how is everyones experiences so far?

my bro sent me a snap chat of thousands of players at the dark portal and some epic battle that followed. Feelsbadman.

no idea what warlords of draenor is

Have played every addon so far but MoP not so much. I've raided heavily in the past addons especially the original game and WotLK. Thinking about coming back once more but the addon itself is quite expensive and the game time as well. Especially if you're not so sure if you're gonna stick with it :-/

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I was there at launch, got to lvl 95 and went to bed. Now at work, as soon as I get home I'll resume and get to 100.

So far I'm loving every single bit of WoD. I'm mostly a PvE guy, if you enjoy that content then the game and this expansion is definitively for you!

I also play PvP once in a while after the patch it's pretty much done. But I have yet to give the PvP side of WoD a good try.

OK Servers have gone down for a 4 hour maintenance to try to fix lag and buggy quests but over all its been a fun 24 hours of WoD, don't expect to log in and work fine.  Hopefully it will be better then last night, this weekend is going to be tough on the weekend warriors tho.

Cry Havoc!

I quit WoW a few years ago after playing Cataclysm for a bit and finding out it didn't bring anything new to the game, it was still exactly the same kind of grind as before. Been thinking about trying it out a few times since then, but I already beat the addiction once, don't want to put myself in danger again :)

garrisons are amazing, and new

I was there at launch, got to lvl 95 and went to bed. Now at work, as soon as I get home I'll resume and get to 100.

So far I'm loving every single bit of WoD. I'm mostly a PvE guy, if you enjoy that content then the game and this expansion is definitively for you!

I also play PvP once in a while after the patch it's pretty much done. But I have yet to give the PvP side of WoD a good try.

howd you get to 95 so fast