What operating system do you use?

Popadookie

It's pretty simple, just answer the question.

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

Windows because game support. That's literally the only reason I have windows. Otherwise I would go Linux

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

What thread has been posted a hundred times over?

I searched for it couldn't find any other one.

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

I searched for it couldn't find any other one.

LTT's search isn't that good, use on Google: site:linustechtips.com What os do you use?

to search, and you will see the hundreds of posts like this xD

LTT's search isn't that good, use on Google: site:linustechtips.com What os do you use?

to search, and you will see the hundreds of posts like this xD

Just looked now there's a few others but most of them are out dated since the community has grown a lot recently

I dual boot 8.1 and Yosemite. About a month ago, I switched back to windows 7 and that was a nightmare to use, windows 8 is so much more functional. Windows 7 multi monitor multitasking is similar to mac, very poor.

Windows 8.1 Pro on my gaming pc and Mac Bootcamp partition

OS X 10.10 Yosemite On my Macbook Pro

Windows 10 TE On my second HDD

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

I used to have Linux on my laptop and windows on my main pc, but I got tired of linux not playing fair on the network and I can't stand OSX so the laptop is running vista (everything works just fine), and 7 for the main.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Windows and Mac - Windows 7 on my gaming PC, OS X 10.9 Mavericks on my MacBook Pro. May upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite after I've finished school (one week to go), honestly just don't want to deal with it right now. TBH I actually prefer the look of Mavericks though, similar to how I prefer W7's Aero over W8's Metro...

2x Ubuntu, Win7 HP x64 and Vista HP x64 are the main ones I take care. Phone is running Android 4.4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I use Windows for most purposes, Linux for programming linux-related things.

420th post ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by JvHummel

it sounds like you are making a demand as opposed to asking a question :P

that aside, it isn't that simple, many people use several os's.

you didn't specify anything as to what "using" the os entails.

so why choose one over the other?

My daily driver is windows 7, then ubuntu on the side for other purposes.

Your gonna get results that you expect.

>Most will use Windows

>Some will use MAC

>Rarely Linux

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I mainly use Windows but sometimes use Linux when I play games on Steam that are available on Linux.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Did have windows 7 ultimate on both my Desktop and Laptop, but since trying out 8.1 I couldn't go back to 7, so now running 8.1 on both desktop and laptop.

I haven't decided on what my servers will be running on. Probably windows 8.1 or windows server, and the other server will be using whatever runs Plex the best.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Windows 8.1 Pro. To this day I don't understand why people prefer windows 7 over it so much.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Windows 8.1 I still miss win 7 for some reason.