AC Unity runs poorly on PC...and on consoles too

Rock1m1

Welp, not a surprise. Kinda expected after the way they have been going lately.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

This has been posted about a hundred times now, also this is just a copy pasta and a link. How does "Good job, Ubisoft!" contribute to the topic?

I didn't want to write about something using someone else's work, rather I just wanted to share the news.

I didn't write much because I'm sure that the majority of people who know of (or care) about the Assassin's Creed franchise already know about the "30 FPS" fiasco.

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

but slide shows are cinimatinc, and resolution is just a number.

and this is why you NEVER preorder a game, and my friend did that.

so far i have not heard anyone talk about the actual gameplay.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It runs like crap on PC also. 

I get like 15 FPS on my PC.

I'm not surprised it runs better on a xbox one. With it's better architecture and memory for CPU tasks (Cache and DDR3) the ps4 does have more GPU power but most of it's stutter is probably CPU based because of the RAM and cache (or lack there of compared to the Xbox1)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This has been posted about a hundred times now, also this is just a copy pasta and a link. How does "Good job, Ubisoft!" contribute to the topic?

The secret to forum success and likes and being popular is as follows: 

1. Shit on MS

2. Shit on Apple

3. Shit on both if possible

4. Shit on Ubisoft, at least twice, reposting if possible

5. Shit on everything, rendering 1-4 obsolete

Honestly, anyone who keeps posting original content and provocative discussion, thank you. 

So not only does it run shit, but the gameplay itself is shit too. It looks waaaay too fucking easy. Where's the challenge in this? Where's the difficulty from being an assassin here? I don't see any sort of back-breaking-while-trying-to-be-stealthy here. You can be looting corpses in ridiculously colourful outfits right in front of guards and they won't think anything of it. You can charge at a guard - right in front of him - and he won't see you. Pathetic.

Not even the guys from Hat Films could make this game look good and I usually love all their videos to death.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

ahahahaha

now even the conslolers can join us in our ubisoft hate!

that means they started digging a new hole because the first one was an anti-pc hole

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Was just watching AngryJoe stream it on twitch. He walked past a mirror, went back and look and said "apparently I am a vampire". Same crap as Watch Dogs. They can't even put a reflection into the game, but they can copy and paste tons of NPC's who don't even react to what is around you. He also said he didn't even want to play the game tonight, and he would rather be playing DA Inquisition lol.

Duke Nukem > Next Gen. 

Duke-Nukem-checks-himself-out-in-mirror-

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I have to agree with @deathjester , so far no games came out properly with Gameworks installed. The only thing it does is to harm AMD gamers with bad performance as they have no access to the source code used for these graphical effects. Reminds me of Nvidia Physix, sucks on both brands.

Seems like a ubisoft thing.

I second that.

Stupid company and their idiotic release schedule.

Okay this is my opinion:

Game on pc runs fine. I think the big problem is people with low-mid end pc trying to run it on high settings. This game, needs a mid-high end, more like a high end, to only run it on High with little filters. Which i find okay, the game is very detailed, has a lot of interactives npc and stuff.

I think that the game on pc it's okay, you'd need something like a: 780/780ti/290/290x/970/980 to play it maxed out 1080p. And ofcourse, at least a very nice i5.

But i think the game offers stuff according to what it asks. It's not like watch dogs, like you needed a monster to play the game, and it wasn't that impressive. I think this game offers very nice graphics and asks for very good graphics cards

So again, i think this describes it pretty well:

wscLiCX.png

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Why does/did unity and watchdogs have such terrible performance on PC with Nvidia helping them directly?

Mantle > Gameworks

Why does/did unity and watchdogs have such terrible performance on PC with Nvidia helping them directly?

Mantle > Gameworks

Funny thing, in Unity you have a bigass presentation about nvidia after the ubisoft logo.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Potential spoilers for the game.

i.imgur.com/h3YpSJj.jpg

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I NEARLY GOT A HEART ATTACK. 

The most funny thing about this is how Ubisoft touted their "10 STUDIOS!!!!!!" and "4 YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!!!".

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

That is why don't ever ever Pre-Order games!

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Only Nvidia Games works can give you the power of this next gen engine on PC. New "next gen" PC features.

-Guys humping rails until they become man/rail hybrid creatures.

-Clones with hands on hips with blurred faces only made possible with TXAA that have the ability to float.

SGz8Ppo.jpg

Game is getting slayed on Neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930673&page=25

Yeah they have prioritized increasing the crowd size way to much. I remember there been a decent amount of NPCs in AC3, they didn't have to bump it up to much.

NO ONE in that scene is casting a shadow...

The 4 guys standing behind the player look like the same guy just with different clothes....

There are 2 maybe 3 animation cycles on the crowd below, synchronized together...

Been playing on PC.

Graphics are nice but not amazing. Has some nice lighting but the hair, oh my god... the hair is horrible.

Had no frame drops, works just fine. Only consoles that have issues to be honest.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Guess what!? Remember when I said I was all hyped and focused on The Division? Well, I actually never said it here. But I was, a few months maybe a year ago, I don't even remember. But I got crazy when they announced it and showed that video with the dude closing the car's door while in combat, that was amazing. Ok, that last detail wasn't amazing at all, sarcasm there. But I was all hyped about the game.

This last semester, and the year didn't even ended, was all about being disappointed at Ubisoft and the pile of shit they've been throwing over their heads. Men... Ubisoft just can't stop. And I don't wanna use "catch a break" here, because it's not about fortuitousness, it's not like they have been unlucky. It's about incompetence and preponderance. They think they can sell us whatever they like and we'll throw our money at'em. Oh, wait, fans have been throwing their money at Ubisoft. Guess what!? They will keep throwing shit back at you.

You guys need to see how big of a deal this is. It's not just some company, it's Ubisoft, one of the big guys, thinking that they can do whatever they want with customers and customers are going to be ok with it. And if you guys be ok with it, well... it's a vicious circle, you guys are going to be treated as shit forever.

I'm not a fan of the series, even though I bought some of the AC games in a Steam Sale, it was cheap, people tell me the games are interesting, I bought it. Even though the first two don't have controller support, I bought it anyways. But that's not the case. The point here is, let them milk your money and treat you like shit and they will, developers and distributors, at least the big ones, are in this business for profit. It's a business, they need to profit, they have investors, they have people to pay, they wanna get rich and there's nothing wrong about it, we like capitalism, at least I do. But remember, you guys have the money, you are not obligated to buy if it's not what you want or at least the closest thing of what you want it to be like. Or maybe because the cool kids are buying it. They're not cool, they're just dumb, buying shit in a shiny box.

TL;DR: All that was said so I could conclude like this: fuck The Division. I don't even want it anymore because I'm expecting another pile of shit from Ubisoft. I don't like their current vision for the gaming industry, I don't like how they have been treating gamers, specially PC gamers lately and I don't like how they have been delivering their games or planning to deliver the next ones according to their vision (1080p is for suckers, 60fps is for suckers, if you like 8-bit styled games you MUST be ok with 920p@24 --- as Luke said on the last WAN show, they were after realism, so they better deliver it, at 1080p@60, at least that much).

And if The Division end up being good, I'll bite my tongue and buy it. Only because all I always wanted was a good game, a good experience, developed like they cared about their product (not about me), and polished it to my best experience.

There, I said it. God...

1. Shit on MS

2. Shit on Apple

Honestly, anyone who keeps posting original content and provocative discussion, thank you. 

Everyone else is too busy doing lazy shitposting to care about posting meaningful stuff here. At this rate, /r/technology has more insightful posts and discussions. 

And don't forget, bonus points if #1-5 can be done with just a meme/gif post and nothing else.

1. Shit on MS

2. Shit on Apple

Everyone else is too busy doing lazy shitposting to care about posting meaningful stuff here. At this rate, /r/technology has more insightful posts and discussions. 

Please tell me oh great and powerful "meaningful content god", who died and put you in charge of deciding what is and is not meaningful content?

If you don't want to discuss certain things, here's a thought, go post about something else, don't shitpost about how the discussion isn't meaningful, because doing that is just as bad as what you are accusing everyone else of doing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs