LG's 31MU97 4K IPS (10-BIT PANEL) Monitor Is INDUSTRY STANDARD (4096x2160)

miyabwah

first off, source

1.PNG

Most "4K" monitors sold today have a 3840 x 2160 resolution, but that's actually a UHD resolution, simply a multiple of Full HD. The industry standard for the 4K resolution, though, is 4096 x 2160 pixels, giving an aspect ratio of 17:9. This resolution makes the monitor ideal for 4K content creators, because the video doesn't need to be scaled down to fit on the screen.

This was mentioned in Linus' 4K build guide just before the credits, and it is true.

LG's 31MU97 comes with a 31-inch 10-bit color IPS panel, which is calibrated to cover 99.5 percent of the Adobe RGB color space. For the pros, LG also calibrated the monitor to cover 97 percent of the DCI-P3 color space.

This is going to be beautiful, I can tell already just by hearing these specifications.

The monitor also comes with a stand that supports height adjustments, tilt adjustment and pivoting. Mini-DisplayPort, DisplayPort, and two HDMI interfaces handle display connectivity, and there is also a built-in 4-port USB 3.0 hub.

LG's MSRP for the 31MU97 is $1399.99.

To be honest, $1399 for Mini-DP, DP, two HDMI (both needed to handle), and a 4-port USB hub is reasonable to me.

cAY1S.png

I did my google search to see if anything came up, but the only thing that came up was a thread that was moved to the super secret moderator subforum, and looking at the thread via google cache, the thread is just a copy-paste from Guru3D.

cAY7l.png

well I found my next monitor... would have been even better if it had thunderbolt.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This was posted before a day or two ago but the post had little info so this should be considered the first real post.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If only it was 17:10...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Beautiful. The price looked high until I saw how much they packed into it. I really wish I could afford this beauty. 

Put a curve on this and we have a winner.

Curved version +$100

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

uh, it is

actually

though, is 4096 x 2160 pixels, giving an aspect ratio of 17:9

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i like this, i like this alot. however at that price its meh, i just want 4k ips panels to get cheaper

Most "4K" monitors sold today have a 3840 x 2160 resolution, but that's actually a UHD resolution, simply a multiple of Full HD. The industry standard for the 4K resolution, though, is 4096 x 2160 pixels, giving an aspect ratio of 17:9. This resolution makes the monitor ideal for 4K content creators, because the video doesn't need to be scaled down to fit on the screen.

This was mentioned in Linus' 4K build guide just before the credits, and it is true.

That is simply not true. 3840x2160 are according to ITU, EBU, CEA 4K standards.

DCI has other defintions for 4K, that doesn't mean that UHD 4K is not a real 4K standard.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

But no G-Sync. If a new tech comes out and it's more interesting than anything else in the industry in such a long time why not implement it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

For those wondering about the resolution or aspect ratio, it is for people who want to create and edit 4k (the de-facto standard 3840x2160) but still have menu options above it and the start menu below it without making the video any smaller. You can get 1080p video uncompressed onto a 1200p screen with room above and below for tools.

G-Sync is superfluous as this is designed to be for professionals and prosumers who are not looking to play CS:GO competitively or Crysis 3 at full resolution. 

give me this and G-sync 120Hz and (Please take my money)  :wub:

Curved version +$100

You have to admit though, the curve would be beautiful with this screen.

17:9? Why is there a new weird ratio every year

It's not new though, it's the actual official 4K aspect ratio and resolution.

It's what 4K DCI cameras record in. It's UHD aka Consumer 4K at 16:9 that's the weird one.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q