Current C gets hacked!

CurrentC, the much discussed infamous competitor to the Apple Pay mobile payments platform, has some more bad press coming its way. According to an email sent out this morning to its pilot program customers, the MCX service has already been hacked. According to the notice, “unauthorized third parties” obtained email address information

So, get recked? Seriously, this is real bad news for MCX, if they don't get their self together they will fail in this serious market when it comes to security (if it weren't clear already, I mean QR codes what the heck?). 

*Update* MCX claims it won't effect the app users, but only the website accounts, nonetheless bad news.

source: 9to5mac    http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/29/mcxs-currentc-the-infamous-apple-pay-competitor-says-its-already-been-hacked/?pushup=1

source 2: The verge    http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/29/7090409/currentc-email-addresses-stolen-hack-mcx

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Apple Pay seriously seems like the best implementation of mobile payments. It's not perfect but much better than QR codes.

Anything is better than QR codes, IMO QR there a mere gimmick.

Pascal laptops guide

Ugh, first they block all NFC payments because they want to have their own payment system. One which relies on Bank account details, and debit cards without Fraud protection and now this happens.

Now imagine if they already rolled out their payment system with people's details, bank and payment information. 

They should all just reinstate NFC payments, and embrace it.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

For the love of SCIENCE! 

Fix the text color for dark theme users, set the color to automatic, why must everyone ignore the dark theme users....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Speculation

stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

d9TqycO.png

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

d9TqycO.png

That was...

giphy.gif

Bad...

Jk but leave it all to me

Because he had a hard drive.

For the love of SCIENCE! 

Fix the text color for dark theme users, set the color to automatic, why must everyone ignore the dark theme users....

Sorry wasn't aware it exists

Pascal laptops guide

That was...

giphy.gif

Bad...

Jk but leave it all to me

I believe you mean

RH8kjNT.jpg

fixed

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Maybe there is a clause that will allow the companies committed to that system to get out of the alliance thing and enable apple pay. Sure would be impeccable timing for this sort of thing. 

They deserve it for blocking apple pay and Google wallet, yeah it sucks for those affected but when you pull that kind of bullshit, there's going to be some sort of repercussion not matter of which kind

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

They deserve it for blocking apple pay and Google wallet, yeah it sucks for those affected but when you pull that kind of bullshit, there's going to be some sort of repercussion not matter of which kind

They are already in trouble in a business sense, I mean why force users to a payment method while others don't, your clearly putting yourself in a huge competitive disadvantage.

Pascal laptops guide

They are already in trouble in a business sense, I mean why force users to a payment method while others don't, your clearly putting yourself in a huge competitive disadvantage.

Exactly, they just attempted a monopoly that back fired massively whiteout the government intervention, also I just found this and this pos is doa

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/29/7089829/iphone-android-currentc-reviews

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It kind of bothers me that Apple Pay is always brought up in these articles but not Google Wallet. It's as if people don't even know it exists.

Anyway these are good news. Partiality because it's always good to have security issues being found in the testing phase with limited number of people, but mainly because it's a big fuck you to MCX and their anti-competitive bullshit.

It kind of bothers me that Apple Pay is always brought up in these articles but not Google Wallet. It's as if people don't even know it exists.

Anyway these are good news. Partiality because it's always good to have security issues being found in the testing phase with limited number of people, but mainly because it's a big fuck you to MCX and their anti-competitive bullshit.

Google Wallet is only available in the US, AFAIK... and, frankly, people actually don't really know it exists.

I would give a damn about it if it was available here in the UK, but it isn't so I don't care.

Google Wallet is only available in the US, AFAIK... and, frankly, people actually don't really know it exists.

I would give a damn about it if it was available here in the UK, but it isn't so I don't care.

Apple Pay is only available in the US as well, and the reason why people don't know it exists is because sites like The Verge seems to not care about some things unless they got an Apple logo on them.

Also, the news is about CurrectC which is only in the US as well. It's not only the Verge guilty if this either. I have seen a bunch of different articles about "CurrentC vs Apple Pay" even though this affects all NFC base payment systems (like Google Wallet and SoftCard). Like always, Apple get credit and companies who are doing the same thing (and sometimes even before Apple) gets ignored.

Let's be honest, apple has a pretty strong brand and wide customer base and a popular product where the feature is baked into ''the iphone''. 

Pascal laptops guide

I have only this to add to the misfortune that MCX and CurrentC deserve for what they've been pulling lately:

⬜ Not Rekt

☑ Rekt

☑ ShRekt

☑ Rektangle

☑ ERektile Dysfunction

☑ Rekt it Ralf

☑ Tyranasorous Rekt

☑ Rekt to the Future

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Let's be honest, apple has a pretty strong brand and wide customer base and a popular product where the feature is baked into ''the iphone''.

Thing is, Apple marketed Pay hard. Very hard.

It's nothing but the agreed upon NFC standards for tokenized payment, it's open, but Apple pushed the security aspect and they worked to get banks on board and support it.

Apple wasn't the first. They just pushed the hardest. And all these "bans" didn't occur till now. Why? Cause Wallet and Softcard weren't big enough, they weren't a detriment.

Apple Pay was enough to scare them.

Is it fair? Probably not. But Google had the option to be as forceful with Wallet and to market it and get mass bank partnerships like Apple went and did. Google didn't. To many people, it was treated and sold like an afterthought instead of an integral part of the experience.

And all these "bans" didn't occur till now. Why? Cause Wallet and Softcard weren't big enough, they weren't a detriment.

Ehh, Google Wallet was artificially restricted by carriers such as Verizon as soon as it was launched. It barely got any attention by the media back then because you know, it's not Apple so who cares...

Google tried to push Google Wallet pretty hard (and yes that included partnering up with banks and retailers) as well but barely got any publicity because, yet again, they are not Apple. What you're saying is a self fulfilling prophecy. Google tried it but didn't get much attention from the media. Apple tried it and got massive attention, and continues to do so.

Google Wallet isn't big because nobody is reporting on it. Apple Pay is big because people are reporting on it. Your defense to why nobody is reporting on it is "because it's not big". Do you see the flaw in that logic?

Apple pay is clearly the best solution. Because every American has a device that is made by apple, has touch id, and has nfc. That wont alienate anyone.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Apple pay is clearly the best solution. Because every American has a device that is made by apple, has touch id, and has nfc. That wont alienate anyone.

Well that is the bane of innovation.

Maybe there is a clause that will allow the companies committed to that system to get out of the alliance thing and enable apple pay. Sure would be impeccable timing for this sort of thing.

The statements I've heard from MCX say that any member can simply leave whenever they want, but as long as they stay a member there's a non-competition clause of some sort.