YouTube May Let You Pay to Skip Ads via Payed subscription..

You know when a company starts to milk as much profit off a cow, when they start asking payment to skip ads...

Whats next...... pay a buck to pause the video  :lol:

Seriously though Youtube.

Its not gonna be surprising if a new Video stream site will emerge sooner or later but without the 10 dollar payment to rewind the video.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @4.5Ghz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 | Cooler : Cryorig R1 Ultimate | Ram: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 2-Way SLi | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo / 4x2TB Caviar Black | PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 | Windows 7 64-bit  | Case: Enthoo Pro | オール・イズ・バニッティー (all is vanity)

If you work hard, you can make your own Luck.

I'll tell you what's scummy- the mobile ads. They don't pay the content providers, and they play in the middle of videos.

Pffffft,

Yes they do and have a 30 second Max To them.

And they only play Every 20 minutes of content and are rarely in the middle of videos.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

A lot of people trying to make ads sound way worse than they really are to avoid any guilt related with limiting a person's revenue from their work by blocking them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

All the guys saying they block the ads because they are too intrusive... For me it sounds like a pirate saying he got a game for free because it was too expensive on release date. Guess what you don't have to play it if you can't afford it, same goes for youtube, you don't need use the service if you don't like it, but someone has to pay for it, right? And by now the way they generate revenue are with advertisements.

Hopefully they will implement this idea and i get to support the content creators i enjoy watching without having to watch the same ad over and over again...

As long as DMCA lapdogging and content ID is a thing, my resolve to never put any money into the Google ecosystem is unstoppable.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Am I missing something? I'm assuming the paid subscription goes directly to YouTube/Google and covers the entire website, right? How does that work out for content creators, then? Does YouTube take the subscription fee and divide it up in proportion to how many videos you watched from each channel? That would seem...messy.

How-about-no-bear.jpg photo.jpg

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

most of you are missing the point about a paid subscription, this is not going to replace ads completely, this is to give people choice and what i'm assuming is the important bit, to increase revenue, every quarter youtube reports increased views from mobile (which doesn't have ads) compared to desktop/website views (which does have ads)

Let me just stop you right there because mobile does indeed have ads. Maybe not that many, but I do get them.

But anyway, I don't see how this is a bad thing. This just gives users more options. And more options are always good.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Let me just stop you right there because mobile does indeed have ads. Maybe not that many, but I do get them.

But anyway, I don't see how this is a bad thing. This just gives users more options. And more options are always good.

well, i don't use mobile often but the times i have i had never got a single add whatsoever, so i was speaking of experience

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I would pay money to support a service I like, as long as the price is right and content providers get a fair share

Youtube.... you're supposed to be killing the cable companies not joining them! (satellite and cable both started out as being "advertising free" according to my dad, which apparently lasted for a few years before they just said "fuck you, watch this bullshit"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If the ads were things that mattered i wouldn't mind them but the random "play this game it has bo0bs"... is the reason i have adblock. don't worry i turn it of on linus videos and click on ads to give him some more cents.

Pfft. Not going to use it if it is implement it. Ads don't bother me. 

Well, unless it is this ad. 

fpmM0Lr.jpg

I have no idea what the hell caused that, and nor do I want to know. Just get it away from me. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Adblock users can let LTT ads run with 2 clicks and some of us do. Buying a T shirt helps Linus more than all the ad revenue generated income you can make him in a year. Then there AF Amazon links to use too.

I understand what some are trying to say but let's not assume that using ADB automatically means starving his children, there are other ways I contribute.

I'll buy more LTT T-shirts and contribute more to his kickstarter campaign than most of you adblock haters. Just because people use adblock doesn't mean they want to see a homeless Linus.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

But this exists.

adblock-logo-large-02-3a1f5cff6ccd1a3025

Problem is, that adblock can be detected quite easily (or simply redesigning the ad-shower, can also make adblock useless).

There are already ton of site, where their content is not accessible if you have adblock installed.

every quarter youtube reports increased views from mobile (which doesn't have ads)

uh yes it does.

LOL that bonus!

Also, you mean like twitch?

Subbing to a twitch channel no longer blocks ads on that channel, you have to buy twitch turbo. They changed it a while back.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Problem is, that adblock can be detected quite easily (or simply redesigning the ad-shower, can also make adblock useless).

There are already ton of site, where their content is not accessible if you have adblock installed.

Usually when that happens I see adblock being updated and then the ads are useless again. I do see what you mean though.

They should implement Twitch's model with premium subscriptions, turbo, etc.

They should also implement community badges to reward those who enhance the community there. It's crazy how an annoying user quickly becomes less aggressive when there's a gold sword on the line.