Xbox One Price Droppped to $349 for the Holiday Season

If i bought a Xbox One i would use it as a media center and play forza/halo on it. 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I knew this thread would just be filled with a bunch of console hate, because there seems to be a few members on this forum that simply can't understand that other people might enjoy the experience that a console provides. 

The console bashing is getting really old.

I enjoy PC, and console gaming. Just like I enjoy Coke, and Rum and Coke.

Personally I think this is great. I still wouldn't get one yet as there aren't enough games to make it worth my while, but I could see myself picking one up off Craigslist when Telus starts giving them away with the signing of a 3 year service contract.

$350 is a really compelling price... shame in the UK its £329 which is $530 USD

Comparatively you might actually be getting a better deal. Think minimum wage in the US vs minimum wage in the UK. If you get rid of the currency sign, it's not a bad deal.

Are they making more profit? Yes. That's what companies do.

I would buy one now. Why not a PS4? Because I like Halo. I would still buy the Advance Warfare edition anyways because I want that game. 

Lemme get my Doritos and Mtn Dew real quick.

Damn you! Now I have to go to the store.

y buy a xb1 when you could have a ps4 instead?

I wouldn't get a PS4 because I absolutely hate the controller lay out. Where the joysticks are just doesn't seem ergonomic to me.

I'll take an Xbox controller over it any day, even if it is a slightly "worse" visual experience.

Gameplay ftw.

Yeah, when you have most GTX 970s at or under 350 as well I think that makes it a much more worthwhile holiday investment for people on this forums. And no, exclusive titles are not an excuse to get an inferior machine, what you're basically doing is making sure you'll be screwed out of even more titles in the future by supporting an exclusive deal on a platform.

And for the people that already have PC's that do more than what they need, and they can already play the games they want? Then it makes perfect sense.
Or what about those who have friends that are heavily invested in the console way of life? I'd rather play with friends and have an awesome time then a bunch of strangers for a slightly more visually appealing experience.

If the exclusive titles are ones you love, and you invest many, many many hours in them, then yes, it is worth getting an inferior machine.
Even if you have only one title you like, but you put 300 or 400 hours in, that's only $1.50/hour. Pretty hard to find something that'll entertain you for an equivalent price. Going to the movies costs 10x that.

Yes, the PC is prettier and offers higher frame rates. That's not all there is to gaming.

Are you seriously dense enough to also not understand that virtually everybody on this forum already has a PC and I made that comment specifically suggesting that it would be much better to fucking upgrade your rig?

A huge number of people on this forum already have a capable rig.

$50 off potato.

Still not worth it to pay ~$50 every year just to play multiplayer.

That's not argument.

You are just ranting.

People can either upgrade their current PC(assuming modern enough) with a GTX 750ti(more than enough to beat xbone, not quite enough for ps4), or buy a new PC for about $400(that's the price of xbone + 1 year of subscription to play multiplayer games).

GTX 970 is for people who already have decent parts; but it's still a vastly superior option than potato.

Take your peasantry elsewhere.

What an immature comment. Just because someone enjoys playing games on an alternative system does not make them a lower class person.

I don't see the point of posting this as news...

PC parts drop in price around this time too.

And Steam Sales.

Consoles see price drops much, much less often than PC parts and Steam sales are an on going thing.

It makes sense to post it. I'm glad it was posted.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

$350 is a really compelling price... shame in the UK its £329 which is $530 USD

Ha!!

Here it's ~2200 RON which is equal to ~$630.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What an immature comment. Just because someone enjoys playing games on an alternative system does not make them a lower class person.

Consoles see price drops much, much less often than PC parts and Steam sales are an on going thing.

It makes sense to post it. I'm glad it was posted.

Read his shitpost(first one in this thread) again.

"PC-ONLY PLEB SHITPOSTING!"

It's just a holiday sale.  I'm pretty sure these things happened every year around this time.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I've pretty much given up, and have just come to expect it. As I should, with a forum filled with children.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Comparatively you might actually be getting a better deal. Think minimum wage in the US vs minimum wage in the UK. If you get rid of the currency sign, it's not a bad deal.

Are they making more profit? Yes. That's what companies do.

Very true, still annoying though, since prices are so transparent these days

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Very true, still annoying though, since prices are so transparent these days

Yeah, totally understandable.

Still...I'd pay a little extra for everything to live in a place with such gorgeous infrastructure, so close to the rest of Europe.

Definitely a little jealous!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

It's just a holiday sale.  I'm pretty sure these things happened every year around this time.

And what you posted is not a shitpost? This forum is going downhill quick which is sad.

Anyway, responding to the op, for $350 I may just have to pick one up. Halo and forza are two of my favorite games so at that price it is looking very appealing.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'm just here to see someone say "DAE U CAN BUILD A NEW PC THATS BETTER FOR 350"

Cause if someone can do that, I'll give you a nickel.

Two nickels in fact.

Gaiz u no u cn jst bild a nu pc 4 liek tree-fiddy rite?

That'll be 2 nickels please. Then I'll only need 6998 more nickels so I can buy an Xbone

And what you posted is not a shitpost? This forum is going downhill quick which is sad.

Anyway, responding to the op, for $350 I may just have to pick one up. Halo and forza are two of my favorite games so at that price it is looking very appealing.

I pointed out how dumb that whole "argument" was.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I've pretty much given up, and have just come to expect it. As I should, with a forum filled with children.

Comrade is one of those PCMR types who takes it too seriously and brings the circle jerk with him to every forum, as if people in real life actually go around calling console players "peasants".

What a petty attitude that some people on this forum continue to have and continue to spew.

Reasonable discourse becomes hard with some topics here because some topics are just so loaded and even hated. Consoles, Apple, I won't even step into the high horsed bullshit that comes outta the audio section on these forums.

I game across multiple platforms, I'm happy with what I have. I don't care what others use, so long as they are happy. They are the ones spending money and playing. If they like it, so be it. Unlike some here, I won't shove my thoughts down their throats. People like Comrade have a very petty attitude and quite honestly a disturbing lack of comprehension.

Comrade is one of those PCMR types who takes it too seriously and brings the circle jerk with him to every forum, as if people in real life actually go around calling console players "peasants".

What a petty attitude that some people on this forum continue to have and continue to spew.

Reasonable discourse becomes hard with some topics here because some topics are just so loaded and even hated. Consoles, Apple, I won't even step into the high horsed bullshit that comes outta the audio section on these forums.

I game across multiple platforms, I'm happy with what I have. I don't care what others use, so long as they are happy. They are the ones spending money and playing. If they like it, so be it. Unlike some here, I won't shove my thoughts down their throats. People like Comrade have a very petty attitude and quite honestly a disturbing lack of comprehension.

You wish people would shove idea down your throat; because otherwise you don't get it.

I could not care less for your complaint about people being called peasant.  I assure you, it was not without reason.

I've never played a halo game and I'm very curious to see if the series lives up to the how great everyone says it is. For that reason alone I'm temped to buy one of these. Money isn't so much a problem. The new price is more tempting, but I still just can't bring myself to do it because I completely detest that I also have to pay monthly to be able to play online. The only factor determining whether or not I should be able to play online should be "do I have internet?" It just makes me feel uncomfortable, like some bully is making me pay up or he'll take my lunch.

I enjoy PC, and console gaming. Just like I enjoy Coke, and Rum and Coke.

What a noob... everyone knows the elites drink Rum and Pepsi.  :D

Ty for your post, glad to see others on here who are level headed when it comes to consoles. They have a place in the gaming world, were my gateway drug to PC gaming, and I still enjoy playing on them.

Holy crap if this reaches New Zealand I may have to buy one... Halo is a tempting offer.

But then ill want GTA V on it meaning I would of brought  the 360, PS3, One & PC version.

Yeah, true. If someone called me that in person I'd probably just laugh and not really know what else to say...other than telling them to go fuck themselves.

I don't even venture into the audio section anymore. Even the forum affiliate is pretty bad.

I can't help but think consoles are important to gaming. It still brings revenue in to companies that produce PC games. No Man's Sky is a perfect example; he wants to produce stuff for the PC, but having a PS4 exclusive for a brief period will bring in massive amounts of revenue and allow him to follow through with that.

Some people just can't seem to see that. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

What a noob... everyone knows the elites drink Rum and Pepsi.  :D

Ty for your post, glad to see others on here who are level headed when it comes to consoles. They have a place in the gaming world, were my gateway drug to PC gaming, and I still enjoy playing on them.

Haha, I can't mix Pepsi with alcohol I find it wayyyy too sweet.

We're not all "#PCMasterRace!! OMGGG" fanatics. Some of us like to expand our minds and try what else is out there ;)

Definitely. Not everyone can afford a PC that can play all the games at excellent fidelity.

You wish people would shove idea down your throat; because otherwise you don't get it.

I could not care less for your complaint about people being called peasant.  I assure you, it was not without reason.

I consider anyone who label others as a lower class of person because of their likes and interests to be a much, much lower class of person.

Insecure, pigheaded, and ignorant.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Yeah, totally understandable.

Still...I'd pay a little extra for everything to live in a place with such gorgeous infrastructure, so close to the rest of Europe.

Definitely a little jealous!

and I would kil to live in Canada or US :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

and I would kil to live in Canada or US :P

....let's trade.

Unless you live in some kind of ghetto area. Though I looked up the area below your avatar (I do it with pretty much every UK area I see..) and it looks...posh...to say the least.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

For the Xbox's sake, I hope it becomes a permanent price drop. Fanboys and lovers of exclusive franchises are always a sure thing, but having weaker hardware for a similar price has not gone over well with people in the middle.

....let's trade.

Unless you live in some kind of ghetto area. Though I looked up the area below your avatar (I do it with pretty much every UK area I see..) and it looks...posh...to say the least.

Its quite nice

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/21/harrogate-happiest-place-to-live_n_5362853.html

Oh look, and I was right. People like you came into the thread instantly and, oh look, started shitposting.

Glad I'm not the only person that noticed it.

No reason not to own both, although I agree the PS4 is the better choice at the moment.

not if you want to play halo. thats the reason I would buy if I had the cash. PS4 defs has better graphics, ect, ect, but tbh, why buy a console for graphics, games are the real reasons. for me at least.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

not if you want to play halo. thats the reason I would buy if I had the cash. PS4 defs has better graphics, ect, ect, but tbh, why buy a console for graphics, games are the real reasons. for me at least.

Yeah, and for me, Resogun, Killzone (multiplayer), InFamous, and more importantly, Bloodborne (the next Souls game) are a lot more interesting in my opinion. And of course if we include console exclusives that all run best on PS4, we have Destiny, Ground Zeroes (until PC version of course), WWE 2K15, etc.

That's why I said it's down to preference.

Yeah, and for me, Resogun, Killzone (multiplayer), InFamous, and more importantly, Bloodborne (the next Souls game) are a lot more interesting in my opinion. And of course if we include console exclusives that all run best on PS4, we have Destiny, Ground Zeroes (until PC version of course), WWE 2K15, etc.

That's why I said it's down to preference.

exactly. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Just looked at all the xbone exclusives, most of the good ones are on pc as well and I'd be damned to pay $350 + $60 for live just to play 4 games. Especially since I hate console shooters and low FOV.