Best Red fans for radiators

hey linus community i am building a new pc with a custom water cooling loop. i have not yet decided on the fans as i am not sure which are good for a 45mm thick radiator. some need to be 120mm fans and the others 140mm fans.

All help is greatly appreciated

Wolffangs147

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

If you need red led fans then the bitfenix spector pros aren't a bad choice.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

they dont have to be led i want performance more than pretty lights. i just wanted some parts of the fans to be red.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Corsair AF120

1233959-corsair-air-series.png

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Corsair AF120

1233959-corsair-air-series.pngbB

BTW what does static pressure mean?

Corsair AF120

AF's are not that good for thicker rads, The High SP ones will do ok.

Static pressure refers to the amount pressure the fan can create against somthing. Usally measured in inches of water or mm of water.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

There are 3 kinds of fans, simplfying it.

Quiet Fans are made to be quiet, but are not 'performance orientated'

Static Pressure fans are made to produce air pressure, you'd want positive air pressure in a case to keep dust out, for example, by making most fans intake so that air can only out-take through the small holes in the case, where dust would normally enter

The last kind is Air Flow, kind of obvious what that is.

AF's are not that good for thicker rads, The High SP ones will do ok.

Static pressure refers to the amount pressure the fan can create against somthing. Usally measured in inches of water or mm of water.

I meant SP fans, sorry. 

I meant SP fans, sorry. 

All good bud, we all brain fart every now and then :)

do the led static fans have less rpm or are they the same as the ones with out the led's

I do beleive the rpm is higher on the LED fans, but, If you use a PWM fan spliter like the Phanteks one, and the MSI Control software, you can make some really good fan curves in that, and your system will be nice an queit, whilst being nice and cool.

There are 3 kinds of fans, simplfying it.

Quiet Fans are made to be quiet, but are not 'performance orientated'

Static Pressure fans are made to produce air pressure, you'd want positive air pressure in a case to keep dust out, for example, by making most fans intake so that air can only out-take through the small holes in the case, where dust would normally enter

The last kind is Air Flow, kind of obvious what that is.

Technically their are plenty of fans that do all three at the same time. Granted you pay a hefty premium for them sometimes.

Silverstone, Noctua, Noiseblocker and RoseWill Hyperborea's are the main ones that come to mind.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

hey linus community i am building a new pc with a custom water cooling loop. i have not yet decided on the fans as i am not sure which are good for a 45mm thick radiator. some need to be 120mm fans and the others 140mm fans.

Wolffangs147

If price isn't a big concern, Noiseblocker B12-3's or B12-P's for the 120mm's. Noctua NF-A14's for the 140mm. 

Corsair SP fans are nice too. If you're on a bit of a budget, check out Rosewill Hyperborea 120mm and 140mm fans.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Check out Cooler Master Blade Master 120mms.  These fans are so underrated.  Very inexpensive, $8-$12 and perform very well.  I use them on all of my radiators.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Wolffangs147

http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/axial-fans/15211/phobya-nb-eloop-1600rpm-bionic-fan-120x120x25mm

Easily probably the best performing red fan for a radiator.

Here's a few tests with fans:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1389355/fan-testing-round-12-begins-thanks-to-cpachris-and-prymus-nb-e-loop-sp120-nf-f12-cougar-vortex-pwm-vortex-red-led-pirahna-ap-45

It's just another version of a noiseblocker E loop, with red fanblades.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089