OMFG Youtube changed my Subscription feed again, how do I fix this?

Ethnod
Go to solution Solved by Ethnod,

Ok well regardless I found a fix 

sZ88hew.jpg

mhCe7mu.jpg

O19CyHd.jpg

M0ALi4s.jpg

ah84Pjh.jpg

P.S: Probably so pissed cause I am tired and I was looking forward to chillin out catching up on my tube feed lol

We all get cranky some times ;)

06h4Utu.jpg

Christ tell me someone knows how to fix this????

WHY!!! THE F**K must youtube change up how it works every 2-3 months? Fix the major issues and f**k off for 1 year, just give us 1 year of peace. Work on ideas in the background if you must but implement them AFTER you have tested them and AFTER!!! feedback from users.

ARG!!

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Sorry, some repressed hostility for youtube just popped out up there. But I've been holding that in for a while, this was just the last straw. I want to come home and just watch my shows as they are released and most certainly dont care who has released what that I have already bloody seen before other newer released vids from other tubers I have subbed to

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Whats the problem?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Whats the problem?

... well basically what I said above.

This is an example of what my feed looked like this morning

(Random google images result tbh)

maxresdefault.jpg

Unless I am the last to have this changed, my feed contained videos as they were released one after the other so I could refresh it and look at the newer vids, watch what I had not watched and move up to the newest stuff

hmm mine looks different to yours

Mine is in a list like the image above this post showing the newest upload at the top

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

hmm mine looks different to yours

Mine is in a list like the image above this post showing the newest upload at the top

lol hence my dismay when I logged on 30 mins ago to find Youtube fkin with my feed. Now I have to scroll down through all 90 channels to get all the new videos :/ Christ I am tempted to just stop using Youtube, if I did not love the channels so much ...

Hit contol and + on the webpage (or) control and mouse wheel up?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

lol hence my dismay when I logged on 30 mins ago to find Youtube fkin with my feed. Now I have to scroll down through all 90 channels to get all the new videos :/ Christ I am tempted to just stop using Youtube, if I did not love the channels so much ...

Strange none of my computers are displaying it like you are, no matter what browser

Mines a list too..

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Hit contol and + on the webpage (or) control and mouse wheel up?

it has nothing to do with the white space, look at the way the subscriptions are set up, they are no longer in release order and I cant change it back

the worst change I hate is when they removed the small search field your subscriptions - and now you have to scroll through all of them manually (and they're in some seemingly random order instead of alphabetical)

ugh...

unless they make a change for the better, subs hardly mean anything for the user experience anymore. when I have to add videos from a subscribed channel to my "watch later" list to remember them and not lose them in a random, garbled youtube feed....then it kind of defeats the purpose of "subscribing"

the worst change I hate is when they removed the small search field your subscriptions - and now you have to scroll through all of them manually (and they're in some seemingly random order instead of alphabetical)

ugh...

unless they make a change for the better, subs hardly mean anything for the user experience anymore. when I have to add videos from a subscribed channel to my "watch later" list to remember them and not lose them in a random, garbled youtube feed....then it kind of defeats the purpose of "subscribing"

You can sort them to list alphabetically by hovering over the word subscriptions and then clicking the 3 dot thingy-majig: http://i.imgur.com/BMBuI6R.png

You can also search your subscriptions by clicking manage subscriptions at the bottom of the subscription box, then theres a search bar in that page: http://i.imgur.com/JUBb3ty.png

People should try using their brains and try to work out how YouTube might have changed it before constantly bitching about it.

You can sort them to list alphabetically by hovering over the word subscriptions and then clicking the 3 dot thingy-majig: http://i.imgur.com/BMBuI6R.png

You can also search your subscriptions by clicking manage subscriptions at the bottom of the subscription box, then theres a search bar in that page: http://i.imgur.com/JUBb3ty.png

People should try using their brains and try to work out how YouTube might have changed it before constantly bitching about it.

That only changes the order of the small bar at the left in your left toolbar, I have tried that. Brain being used, people should not make assumptions before making negative comments of others :/

That only changes the order of the small bar at the left in your left toolbar, I have tried that. Brain being used, people should not make assumptions before making negative comments of others :/

That was directed at exyia, as he was complaining that the subscriptions in that left toolbar were in a random order and would be better if they were alphabetically listed.

Interestingly my views have gone up since they started sorting by channel. Daily content used to hurt our "per video views", but now I am getting a lot more mileage out of content that was released a week ago (for example) because it's not getting buried in other people's uploads.

Just some thoughts from the other side of the coin.

... well basically what I said above.

This is an example of what my feed looked like this morning

(Random google images result tbh)

maxresdefault.jpg

Unless I am the last to have this changed, my feed contained videos as they were released one after the other so I could refresh it and look at the newer vids, watch what I had not watched and move up to the newest stuff

my sub feed has not looked like that for a year now 

Could this be browser thing? Or just you? My feed is still list-like. With both accounts and both firefox and opera. Then again, I use bigger than normal zoom on both.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Interestingly my views have gone up since they started sorting by channel. Daily content used to hurt our "per video views", but now I am getting a lot more mileage out of content that was released a week ago (for example) because it's not getting buried in other people's uploads.

Just some thoughts from the other side of the coin.

Well there is always going to be another side to that coin, but I watch almost all vids on my feed. its basically TV for me. But for me its not organising it properly, its not showing me the latest videos and not even showing me the latest vidoes of each feed. One channel has released 3 or 4 videos since the "latest" one that was showing up in my feed and as such they were burried. One of my screenies that I never used showed "VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB Flash Drive - SSD Performance, Compact Size" as your latest vid. 

Its probably helping because of people who just sub to everything, never cull their subed list and end up searching because their feed is swamped with crap they dont want to watch so when they see a vid from LTT they then see more videos they might want to watch.

But my experience is, and its been proven again, is that they release, THEN test and fix (and take their sweet time at that too). My feed has reorganised a dozen times (not taking into account new vids being released as they show up) since getting home tonight and in about half the cases the newest videos have been below older ones and in a lot of cases the newest videos are not even showing.

If they had of given me a splash window, explained the change and asked if I wanted to try it. If they had of given me an option to go back, even for a while but no. THIS is the change we are making, we know YOU are the reason why we exist, your eye balls on adds but regardless we are going to "tweak" your experience again, of and we'll be back in a couple of months once you have gotten used to the new changes to "tweak" it again for you, just in case you are getting comfortable again

Ok well regardless I found a fix 

sZ88hew.jpg

mhCe7mu.jpg

O19CyHd.jpg

M0ALi4s.jpg

ah84Pjh.jpg

P.S: Probably so pissed cause I am tired and I was looking forward to chillin out catching up on my tube feed lol

We all get cranky some times ;)

I gave up on youtube years ago, never use the subscribtion page anymore. :(

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

I just use Youtube Center (dev edition, as it get updated more often, to keep up with the changes Youtube makes all the time), put all my subscriptions in a grid and set the youtube logo to the subscription page instead of the default "what to watch" junk page.

Here's the pre-compiled extensions : (take whichever file for your browser, don't know which one you use, for Firefox it's the .xpi file)

https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/tree/master/dist

Support most browsers. Though I'm not so sure about Chrome... didn't Google make it so you can't install extensions from outside their store? Otherwise I'm sure it's in the extensions page of your browser, just not the dev version.

xbzk7m.png

(No, it doesn't change the default color scheme of Youtube, that's a different thing :lol: )

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro