Xbox One GPU downclocked due to problems concerning the eSRAM [RUMOR]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

Usually I wouldn't make a rumor thread about something but considering that 90% of the Xbox One rumors were proven to be true, I can't rule this out.

So a user on NeoGAF who is apparently close to people working at microsoft came out and said that microsoft has to downclock the GPU on the Xbox One due to issues concerning the eSRAM on the chip.

Considering that a lot of users on GAF trust the user who leaked the news as credible, this rumor may have some truth to it.

But hey, if proven wrong, this thread could have some comedic value to it.

Well well well, Xbox One fumbles again.

There's no way in hell i'm getting an Xbox One, Microsoft have made an utter hash of it. 

PS4 is the way.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

BRO! Who cares as long as I can watch NFL! Alpha Gamma Beta!!!!! Woooo

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Yeah aren't many good signs for the new Xbox one at this stage. All seems to be going downhill, very quickly.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well well well, Xbox One fumbles again.

There's no way in hell i'm getting an Xbox One, Microsoft have made an utter hash of it. 

PCS4 is the way.

Fixed it for you :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Excellent... Now i'm a step closer to winning my bet with my classmates :ph34r: , i wagered that the XBOX One was doomed to fail and PS4 would likely take over the console scene, unlike the brainless fellows thinking otherwise... :rolleyes:

XBOX ONE, doomed to fail from day ONE.

Excellent... Now i'm a step closer to winning my bet with my classmates :ph34r: , i wagered that the XBOX One was doomed to fail and PS4 would likely take over the console scene, unlike the brainless fellows thinking otherwise... :rolleyes:

XBOX ONE, doomed to fail from day ONE.

It will all come down to E3. Nothing has been decided yet.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Xbox One is not a game system.  It is for tv silly so don't be disappointed if it can't play games and is a real turd.   :P :o

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think a lot of people might be underestimating the XBO just because it has media center functionality on the side of the gaming ones. This has been the goal with Xbox since day 1. Remember that.

I doubt they forgot their main demography when it comes to the Xbox. Don't be blinded by the gimmicks; those are for convincing parents/girlfriends/wives that it's a great choice for everyone and get you the permission to buy it. ;) 

Potato

Is anyone really surprised at this point? Xbox one is really going down hill but microsoft is still going to keep making their money off all those "bros" who just play cod and nba2k13. 

you mean 12 year old squeakers lol :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Hey NBA 2K series are good games.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"