I can guarantee you I have the slowest internet on the forum

JoshK

wow that sucks so you are using a dish network hmm do you have 4glte. 4g or 3g in your area as they would have faster speeds

No I am using hughes net and no we cant get Dish for internet. We have them for TV but they told us we cant get their internet. 

I should start a kickstarter for $40,000 to get the cables ran, which is what Century Link told us it would cost. They said the reason they dont run the cables is because it wouldnt be cost effective for like one or two houses, which I hate to say it but I agree with them, but they should honestly just run the damn cables.

well, you're in nebraska, duh. nobody barely lives there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

whats your speed

For some reason only my Dell will get close to what I'm allocated (30Mbps). Right now I'm on a piece of shit Chromebook (thanks school).

3852450816.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i'd imagine csgo taking 2 years at that speed to finish.

the actual time I think for a file around 2 gbs in size is about 5 days, but why would I ever even dream of getting CS:GO with a 1307 ping?

I should start a kickstarter for $40,000 to get the cables ran, which is what Century Link told us it would cost. They said the reason they dont run the cables is because it wouldnt be cost effective for like one or two houses, which I hate to say it but I agree with them, but they should honestly just run the damn cables.

Start a petition to get google fibre perhaps?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

the actual time I think for a file around 2 gbs in size is about 5 days, but why would I ever even dream of getting CS:GO with a 1307 ping?

You're gonna get kicked out if you have that much ping(i think), my ping is around 30 when i'm playing CS GO

This is my speed when there are three other people on the internet, I on wifi, and the wireless needs to go  through around 5 walls  :P "http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3852453056"

well, you're in nebraska, duh. nobody barely lives there.

Thats an incorrect stereotype, no its not all corn and farming, just in the small town I happen to live in. In town they have amazing internet, but out in the country they dont. In Omaha and downtown and Papillion and Bellevue its quite populated, its mostly when you go north or west, not really in the immediate metro area. 

my ping is 2 on my csgo server

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

0.07Mbps x 8 = 0.56MB/s = 560KB/s. I get less than half that at my parent's place on a good day in rural England, although the ping isn't anywhere near as bad as yours - are you on satellite then?

Fortunately I am currently in my uni flat still, enjoying my 30Mbps. Back home I get 200KB/s (0.025Mbps) on a good day and around 100KB/s (0.0125Mbps) average, and the worst part is you can't pay for any less than the "up to 20Mbps" package. It's horrendous.

Start a petition to get google fibre perhaps?

Do you know how much it costs to run fibre optic cables? Just to splice into a fibre optic cable is expensive let alone and people in my area would be like 4 signatures probably haha. Have I thought about contacting google, knowing how they are they might do it because I feel like they would actually understand that this is practically like living in a third world country, so I might call their fibre office but they wouldnt run fibre lines to my house, I pretty much know it will. And I forgot to mention that when there is any cloud coverage at all we cant get on the interent because our satellite will be blocked. 

0.07Mbps x 8 = 0.56MB/s = 560KB/s. I get less than half that at my parent's place on a good day in rural England, although the ping isn't anywhere near as bad as yours - are you even on a landline!?

Fortunately I am currently in my uni flat still, enjoying my 30Mbps. Back home I get 200KB/s (0.025Mbps) on a good day and around 100KB/s (0.0125Mbps) average. It's horrendous.

Haha, dont mean to be rude but check your math, you have to divide by 8 and no, you missed something in the post I am on satellite internet, with a dish on my roof and a cable going to a modem which is connected to a router, the dish is connecting to a satellite in space to get me internet hence the bad ping.

I got to say BT are good to me :) Mind I do pay quite a bit for it! Fiber Optic FTW.

3852467466.png

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Haha, dont mean to be rude but check your math, you have to divide by 8 and no, you missed something in the post I am on satellite internet, with a dish on my roof and a cable going to a modem which is connected to a router, the dish is connecting to a satellite in space to get me internet hence the bad ping.

Right you are, it's 1am here and I'm extremely tired >_<

I reread the post and saw satellite, then everything made sense. So you're literally getting like 9KB/s down? That's not even internet! I think my brain struggled to even comprehend speeds so slow, leading me to multiply instead of divide since it's preposterous to imagine anyone with internet this bad... Christ.

Right you are, it's 1am here and I'm extremely tired >_<

I reread the post and saw satellite, then everything made sense. So you're literally getting like 9KB/s down? That's not even internet!

yep haha sorry if I seemed a bit rude in that last post, understandable that youre tired. 

U mad bro

You sir, need to stop.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Isn't google fiber in Kansas City ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

That's in Missouri.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yessir it is

Edit: Depends on what Kansas City your talking about. 

yep haha sorry if I seemed a bit rude in that last post, understandable that youre tired. 

No worries, I'd probably be rude to people if I had to deal with nine measly frickin' kilobytes per second. I can't get over it.

You've attracted quite a bit of attention:

69d3d458e6.png

You cant even call googles fiber office and talk to a rep unless its availble where you live, what bs.