NVIDIA and AMD are both working toward 8K resolution (7680x4320)

BiG StroOnZ

that would be super bad. literally no competition at all then

Yes, but imagine Amd makes x86 chip and Nvidia makes ARM maybe we get a get hybrid or better APUs or something , there GPU department engineers be working together now imagine they make a GPU that has CUDA and great open CL performance.

I know AMD is planing on releasing a x86 and ARM hybrid but maybe they will make a better one if they worked with Nvidia as they said to expect Haswell class performance with Denver.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

8k need will bring pascal+new huge motherboard design soo 2020+ for sure

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

8k should look amazing but I don't think Nvidia and Amd should go much further than that because there can be crazy high resolutions where the human eye cannot tell the differences between them.

"If we get to a display resolution of about 8k horizontally and about 6k vertically then, for a player with 20/20 vision, they will have something that is close to perfect for their visual system."

That doesn't even make sense, display size is important too, having 8K on a 15' screen won't be perfect for anyone...

He talks about your entire FOV. Display size is irrelevant.

Yes, but imagine Amd makes x86 chip and Nvidia makes ARM maybe we get a get hybrid or better APUs or something , there GPU department engineers be working together now imagine they make a GPU that has CUDA and great open CL performance.

I know AMD is planing on releasing a x86 and ARM hybrid but maybe they will make a better one if they worked with Nvidia as they said to expect Haswell class performance with Denver.

I'm really not seeing Nvidia bringing anything to the table in that collaboration. Why would AMD need CUDA for anything? Just another proprietary tech, that has very little support. AMD is more capable at creating what is needed (and are already doing so), than Nvidia is. No keep them apart, and have them in a perpetual battle. That is the only thing, that will be good for the end user (that and Nvidia scrapping their proprietary crap).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

He talks about your entire FOV. Display size is irrelevant.

I'm really not seeing Nvidia bringing anything to the table in that collaboration. Why would AMD need CUDA for anything? Just another proprietary tech, that has very little support. AMD is more capable at creating what is needed (and are already doing so), than Nvidia is. No keep them apart, and have them in a perpetual battle. That is the only thing, that will be good for the end user (that and Nvidia scrapping their proprietary crap).

They will crate a hybrid between GCN and CUDA imagine just imagine pros from both of the chips together.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

8K? hmm i doubt they will get it anytime soon, at the moment professional DSLRs don't go above +/- 6k, i support progress, but it needs a reason to exist first. so far i don't see any reason yet.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I doubt that they would release any monitor smaller than 27" with an 8k resolution

My comment refers to gaming a couple years down the line I would rather have 4k because the rate that GPUs will improve will not be good enough unless you are playing CS or Minecraft on your fancy 8k monitor. Without major optimizations and some massive leap foreword 8k will not be viable for many years unless you like lower settings or they can actually fix the drivers to really run quad sli/crossfire with top of the line cards. And why not less than 27 inches. Dell makes a 24 inch 4k.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

My comment refers to gaming a couple years down the line I would rather have 4k because the rate that GPUs will improve will not be good enough unless you are playing CS or Minecraft on your fancy 8k monitor. Without major optimizations and some massive leap foreword 8k will not be viable for many years unless you like lower settings or they can actually fix the drivers to really run quad sli/crossfire with top of the line cards. And why not less than 27 inches. Dell makes a 24 inch 4k.

24 inch 4k isn't completely rediculous. 24 inch 8k is completely rediculous.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

4k was so 2013

I don't even think it's 2014 yet...

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

8K, I'm sure many will wear glasses soon. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I dont care about 8k or even 4k for gaming, but what I do want is more horizontal pixels for even more tabs. That is the entire reason for why I am excited for that benq 2.5k 24 in display. It is a legitimate way for me have more tabs open at the same time with previews without increasing the physical size of my setup.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Yes. HEY COMPANIES: Work on getting 60+ hz out of 4k first, THEN move onto 8k.

What for though, refresh rates are just numbers.... -Ubisoft project manager

Spoiler

8K? hmm i doubt they will get it anytime soon, at the moment professional DSLRs don't go above +/- 6k, i support progress, but it needs a reason to exist first. so far i don't see any reason yet.

Well...one of my DSLRs already exceeds the total pixels of 8K (which is 7680x4320) and professional editors would LOVE the ability to have pixel to pixel editing abilities, to say nothing of those running the actual pro grade medium format cameras who can make use of every high res panel they could get their hands on. 

wQpMXgz.jpg

There is never a reason for anything to exist. We don't need Ferraris with 700hp or cars that do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds or phones that can do 240fps internally. Its all advancement for the sake of pushing the envelope. 8K is stated to be a TV thing in 2017, with concepts already hitting the circuit floors. 

Creative types I think would vouch for displays that support 4, 5 and 8K resolutions and the GPUs that can drive them for their work. The need is there, its just not entirely for consumers just yet. But just like 1080p panels used to be a pretty penny for consumers and like 4K ones are now; these costs will drop and transfer to the consumer where they become standards we are used to. 

10 years ago if you had said Full HD would be a thing people would've laughed you down the street. These days people can't fathom having anything less. 

Well...one of my DSLRs already exceeds the total pixels of 8K (which is 7680x4320) and professional editors would LOVE the ability to have pixel to pixel editing abilities, to say nothing of those running the actual pro grade medium format cameras who can make use of every high res panel they could get their hands on. 

-snip epic pic-

There is never a reason for anything to exist. We don't need Ferraris with 700hp or cars that do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds or phones that can do 240fps internally. Its all advancement for the sake of pushing the envelope. 8K is stated to be a TV thing in 2017, with concepts already hitting the circuit floors. 

Creative types I think would vouch for displays that support 4, 5 and 8K resolutions and the GPUs that can drive them for their work. The need is there, its just not entirely for consumers just yet. But just like 1080p panels used to be a pretty penny for consumers and like 4K ones are now; these costs will drop and transfer to the consumer where they become standards we are used to. 

10 years ago if you had said Full HD would be a thing people would've laughed you down the street. These days people can't fathom having anything less. 

hmm, what kind of DSLR are you using? you got me interested in that suddenly(pm because off topic)

and i admit if gpu's etc could support 8k+ it wouldn't be bad, aslong companies( samsung, sony, philips, LG etc) don't push it to soon to fast to consumers like 4k, it's great, but nothing could handle it, tv broadcasts didn't, gpu's didn't(or barely did) OSes didn't, CPU's didnt, aslong that isn't a problem 8k will be interagted nearly seamingless just like 1080 went pretty smoot on TVs

hmm, what kind of DSLR are you using? you got me interested in that suddenly(pm because off topic)

and i admit if gpu's etc could support 8k+ it wouldn't be bad, aslong companies( samsung, sony, philips, LG etc) don't push it to soon to fast to consumers like 4k, it's great, but nothing could handle it, tv broadcasts didn't, gpu's didn't(or barely did) OSes didn't, CPU's didnt, aslong that isn't a problem 8k will be interagted nearly seamingless just like 1080 went pretty smoot on TVs

That one specifically is a D800E. The high MP shots are ludicrous, I burn through storage like no tomorrow, but its great since even cropping in gives you 4K/5K worth of pixels to make use of. Its kinda hilarious that I can chop off 3K worth of pixels and still have a beyond usable image that is cropped in a way I like (if and when I screw up the out of camera shot)

Don't see the point. 8k won't be happening for another 5 years I reckon.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

That one specifically is a D800E. The high MP shots are ludicrous, I burn through storage like no tomorrow, but its great since even cropping in gives you 4K/5K worth of pixels to make use of. Its kinda hilarious that I can chop off 3K worth of pixels and still have a beyond usable image that is cropped in a way I like (if and when I screw up the out of camera shot)

that sounds sweet, to bad canon(so far i know) doesnt go above 6k(5.7k something something by something pixels)

Yep, couldn't of agreed with you more but the benefits of just one card being made by working together would be such a benefit to us and them. I know AMD aren't the best, Intel asked them if they could get involved with Mantle which OK would have helped Intel more but maybe Mantle would've flown but AMD had to say no. We can all wish.

Of course they say no when it's still in closed development.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Antitrust laws would prevent that merge from ever happening. So all you can do is dream about it. 

Not true. Releasing a product that allows one to use features from both is not anti-competitive. Anyone can build OpenCL and OpenGL-capable hardware. They're not locked standards with licensing the way x86 is.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I dont care about 8k or even 4k for gaming, but what I do want is more horizontal pixels for even more tabs. That is the entire reason for why I am excited for that benq 2.5k 24 in display. It is a legitimate way for me have more tabs open at the same time with previews without increasing the physical size of my setup.

Welcome to why programmers LOOOOVE multi-monitor displays. Now if only Linux had good multi-monitor support. I want Emacs, G++, Clang, and Intel Parallel Studio in one place god dammit.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Of course they say no when it's still in closed development.

Why? Getting Intel to back it would of help even during close development, having Intel and AMD work together would of helped even on marketing hype alone.

Welcome to why programmers LOOOOVE multi-monitor displays. Now if only Linux had good multi-monitor support. I want Emacs, G++, Clang, and Intel Parallel Studio in one place god dammit.

Isn't Xinerama quite viable nowadays?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Why? Getting Intel to back it would of help even during close development, having Intel and AMD work together would of helped even on marketing hype alone.

Based on that logic; Why do closed betas exist at all?