PETA is pissed at Google because of a camel

AlexGoesHigh

See I like this thread. Isn't it nice when we can almost universally agree that PETA are fucking assholes and can almost unanimously gather the hate of even the most PC people out there? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

P.E.T.A

(Surprised they allow Humans to have Pets at all)

PETA is actually against having pets, unless you got them from an animal shelter.

Ingrid Newkirk? Her name sounds familiar...oh wait, I remember now;

Don't forget that her friend and the vice president of PETA is a diabetic who has to take insulin injections in order to live.

This is important because PETA is in fact against all medicines that were developed or in any way relied/relies on animals to be produced/tested, and yes that includes the insulin one of their most powerful members relies on to live.

Her response to that is "I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals".

All I have to say to Peta is this

Animals_f6dcd5_1410346.jpg

That way, by being bitchy and not eating meat, you will have caused more harm than if you had just been normal in the first place.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Now if only there were some way to make it more... cinematic.

Black bars would make it super cinematic!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

PETA is worse than Greenpeace. And that says a lot

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If they used a Jeep then the environmental people will be complaining about them carving tracks in the desert and hurting the sand. At least a camel doesn't use "fossil fuels" Seems like no matter what companies do they are making some group upset.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Well, PETA are fucking dimwits to start with, so everything they say to me is invalid.

lol. You may not agree with everything they do, but they have a purpose and some of them stand for a very good reason. Animals are not ours to control, and we're ultimately the ones destroying the planet and acting like we own everything. Please don't overlook the good things just because of the few corrupt idiots in the group. Generalizing the whole group says way more about you than them, so try to think of the good things the actual animal lovers of the group do like rescuing animals from cruel owners that abuse them. Sorry if that sounds preachy man. 

Also I kinda forgot to multi quote but at the guy suggesting that animals are our tools, lmao no that's like slavery all over again.

A truck wouldn't have worked because the terrain is not even and the street view cameras are fixed to the roof of the cars they used. This would have resulted o crooked images and a terrible result. A camel on the other hand will always be vertical while walking.

a Dakar car won't.....

If you are driving in that kind of sand you have to drive like somebody who just stole the car and is running from the cops. Low gear, high revs, high speed or you just bog down and sink. Not a driving style that lends itself to picture taking.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

If you are driving in that kind of sand you have to drive like somebody who just stole the car and is running from the cops. Low gear, high revs, high speed or you just bog down and sink. Not a driving style that lends itself to picture taking.

It'll look cool with the motion blur :D

Well, PETA are fucking dimwits to start with, so everything they say to me is invalid.

^^^THIS^^^

Oh my god, it is a camel in it's natural habitat with a camera strapped to it and is monitored. Why would they care if they are making sure it is healthy and doing well? Ugh...

AND ^^^THIS^^^

i was trying to think of how to say what i was thinking, and you guys have already nailed it :D thanks!!

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

hahaha oh Peta....

has problem with Google using a camel

but has not problems with naked girls showing camel toe...

Camels have families to feed too PETA.  How can you be so heartless, wanting little baby camels to go hungry because dad is out of a job making streetview.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

A Jeep will get stuck, a camel won't.

well there are specifically built vehicles that can traverse the desert.

Newkirk sounds like the kind of woman no-one with an inkling of good sense should listen to. She's just messed in the noggin'.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

My opinion with PETA is that they are much like a religion in the fact that most of the people that are a part of it aren't crazy, but the only people you hear about on the news are the ones who are nuts. I think that a lot of the things that PETA does, (which includes their president) are unjust, however, many of the things, like helping get slaughterhouse laws regulated, promoting animal adoption, etc have been really good. We shouldn't be labeling a whole group has crazy. Instead, people should be way more specific when pointing fingers. Just my thoughts.

My opinion with PETA is that they are much like a religion in the fact that most of the people that are a part of it aren't crazy, but the only people you hear about on the news are the ones who are nuts. I think that a lot of the things that PETA does, (which includes their president) are unjust, however, many of the things, like helping get slaughterhouse laws regulated, promoting animal adoption, etc have been really good. We shouldn't be labeling a whole group has crazy. Instead, people should be way more specific when pointing fingers. Just my thoughts.

The problem I got with them are that most of the things they do are harmful, not good. Just because you do some good deeds does not mean you are good. I got a perfect example but I'd rather not invoke Godwin.

Even if you ignore the really crazy people, the foundation of PETA is still crazy. Banning animal testing would be devastating. Sorry, but a rat is not as valuable as a human life, even though that's what PETA is trying to push. If my house was burning I'd go and save my nephew first, not my dogs even though I love them more than I love any other animals. By PETA standards, I should value them equally.

It's not some nice apple tree with a few bad apples on it. The entire tree is rotten to the core, with most of the fruits  on it being pure poison.

The problem I got with them are that most of the things they do are harmful, not good. Just because you do some good deeds does not mean you are good. I got a perfect example but I'd rather not invoke Godwin.

Even if you ignore the really crazy people, the foundation of PETA is still crazy. Banning animal testing would be devastating. Sorry, but a rat is not as valuable as a human life, even though that's what PETA is trying to push. If my house was burning I'd go and save my nephew first, not my dogs even though I love them more than I love any other animals. By PETA standards, I should value them equally.

It's not some nice apple tree with a few bad apples on it. The entire tree is rotten to the core, with most of the fruits  on it being pure poison.

A bit harsh but i mostly agree anyway.  There are many studies that show how humans value and preference other living things and it all goes back to survival instinct, family over neighbors, neighbors of community, community over country, country over foreign, people over animals, animals over vegetation etc etc.  

Peta are just like "nonhuman rights project" who are pushing to get animals the same legal rights as humans,  if they were to succeed in this Zoo's (that do countless work to save animals from extinction and research etc) would become illegal prisons unless they upgrade their facilities to make them fit for human occupation. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue from such a precedent? 

http://news.sky.com/story/1349125/court-to-decide-if-chimpanzees-are-persons

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I totally agree with what you said about animal testing. And yes, PETA shouldn't be trying to stop it.

However, I could not find anything on their website about them valuing animal live equal to human life. Can you please tell me where you found that? I have a hard time believing that they actually stand for this. Not trying to start an argument or anything nor am I saying you're wrong. Truthfully, I just want to get a better understanding of this organization that I don't know much about, but definitely should. 

I totally agree with what you said about animal testing. And yes, PETA shouldn't be trying to stop it.

However, I could not find anything on their website about them valuing animal live equal to human life. Can you please tell me where you found that? I have a hard time believing that they actually stand for this. Not trying to start an argument or anything nor am I saying you're wrong. Truthfully, I just want to get a better understanding of this organization that I don't know much about, but definitely should. 

They have made countless of comparisons, putting humans in the same situations as animals. For example they used makeup to make women look like they had been skinned, gutted and put in plastic packaging (looked like the meat packages you buy at the store, but with humans in them). They have compared pigs being slaughtered to the holocaust (yes I am dead serious, they really did compare it to the holocaust). They have made campaigns like "human rights = animal rights" and "what if aliens tested on humans?".

They actually did mention the "would you rather save a baby or a dog" question on their website. Their answer was that such questions obscure the real issue, and then went on to talk about how animals forgive, how she would rather live on an deserted island with dogs rather than humans and so on.

They have made countless of comparisons, putting humans in the same situations as animals. For example they used makeup to make women look like they had been skinned, gutted and put in plastic packaging (looked like the meat packages you buy at the store, but with humans in them). They have compared pigs being slaughtered to the holocaust (yes I am dead serious, they really did compare it to the holocaust). They have made campaigns like "human rights = animal rights" and "what if aliens tested on humans?".

They actually did mention the "would you rather save a baby or a dog" question on their website. Their answer was that such questions obscure the real issue, and then went on to talk about how animals forgive, how she would rather live on an deserted island with dogs rather than humans and so on.

sounds like an animal related version of alex jones haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Interesting. Yeah that's some messed up stuff, in my opinion. But don't let PETA obscure your views of people who really do love animals. I love animals so much and have been a vegan for years, but would never value animal life over human life. I do think that Google could have used a vehicle instead of a camel to get photos of the desert. I'm not pissed at them like some people in PETA are, I just think a vehicle would have worked better. Using a camel just seems silly.