PETA is pissed at Google because of a camel

AlexGoesHigh

okay, a while ago google decided to map the Abu Dahbi's Liwa Desert for street view, for that they mounted one of their backpacks cameras to a camel, emphasis on the part that its a backpack designed for humans originally, PETA's president think that this is abuse, even though he didn't used that word in his comment, that's pretty much the point he's trying to make

These days, jeeps are in common use in the desert, as are light planes and even dune buggies, and satellite images could also easily have been taken instead... Google has no business using camels to 'cutesy up' its data-collection imagery. Anyone who has read about or visited that area knows that camels have a hard lot in life.

now he ain't wrong here, google could have used a jeep instead, but like i said earlier, that thing was made to be carried by humans, also the camel ain't going alone wandering in the desert, that day had good weather and lastly i bet the owners of that camel take care of him better that some people treat their own children, Raffi the camel its fine

source: jalopnik.com

my thoughts

10179943406_3cf589c1b6_o.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So people ridding them is completely fine?

Man these people are annoying little bitches...

Don't they  freak out when anyone uses and animal to do anything?

I feel like a jeep would be to low and would kick up to much dust.

:|

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh my god, it is a camel in it's natural habitat with a camera strapped to it and is monitored. Why would they care if they are making sure it is healthy and doing well? Ugh...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't even read Jalopnik's BS anymore. But honestly, if you're a regular person, then yeah, a camel would be a better idea, but if you're a rich corporation like the one and only Google I think you could afford to buy one truck.

"Rawr XD"

Well it kinda makes sense to use a jeep instead. Don't know why camels would be their first choice.

I don't even read Jalopnik's BS anymore. But honestly, if you're a regular person, then yeah, a camel would be a better idea, but if you're a rich corporation like the one and only Google I think you could afford to buy one truck.

ik about the source but i got it through a tweet and i haven't seen it on my usual news feed, also i bet the reason is something someone said above

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Oh my god, it is a camel in it's natural habitat with a camera strapped to it and is monitored. Why would they care if they are making sure it is healthy and doing well? Ugh...

Actually I don't think camels come from the desert, I think they were brought in from Asia.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

ik about the source but i got it through a tweet and i haven't seen it on my usual news feed, also i bet the reason is something someone said above

Yeah but like I said, source aside, there is no doubt Google could have afforded to get a truck, so I'm not disagreeing with what they said, I just think it's a pointless argument and they should go do more productive things then fight over someone riding a camel.

"Rawr XD"

Well it kinda makes sense to use a jeep instead. Don't know why camels would be their first choice.

A Jeep will get stuck, a camel won't.

Yay, PETA is sniffing their assholes again. I'm pretty sure Google wouldn't abuse the damn camels, you fucking queefs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yeah but like I said, source aside, there is no doubt Google could have afforded to get a truck, so I'm not disagreeing with what they said, I just think it's a pointless argument and they should go do more productive things then fight over someone riding a camel.

well PETA is the one fighting, google hasn't said anything about the subject and probably they wont say a thing

I'm guessing its for the publicity. Also I guess this adds to the "fun" factor in it.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Why not? What are we going to stop riding horses because of PETA? Lot's of animals like to work and like to be worked. A German Shep without heavy training and an outlet for their energy is a miserable animal. I know. I have had them my entire life. Get a German Shep and don't train it and don't have it work, or give it HEAVY exercise and it is going to tear the house up and be the worst dog ever. 

Some local PETA idiots in my state trashed a Pet Smart destroying choker collars, and I had one hipster lady berate me for buying one. Funny thing? That choker when fit correctly was DESIGNED to take pressure off the neck and these a holes must have never had a large working breed dog who will lunge like crazy when in training when they see a cat or a squirrel and hurt their neck on a "regular leash". These are the a-holes who have their dogs running around loose at the park or on a 30 foot retractable leash because they can't spend a few minutes out of their day training their dog. They also rescue pit bulls and give them no training whatsoever (big freakin mistake), cus it is the in thing to do. I had a pitbull charge my dog at the park the other day from one of these idiots. Nothing wrong with the breed, there is something wrong with the pussy owners who are afraid to train their dogs and give them any discipline. Prob watching yoga tapes with their dogs and trying to get in tune with their energy...and all the other BS nonsense people are selling as far as dog training. 

F PETA. Guy has a prong collar video on his channel for a reason. These Sheps look SOOOOO miserable after being trained and being worked. Oh wait, they are the happiest damn German Shepherd Dog's you will ever see. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Well, PETA are fucking dimwits to start with, so everything they say to me is invalid.

IKR, they go to dog shows and open all the cages to let the dogs "be free"

YOU KNOW WHAT PETA? THE END UP DYING BECAUSE OF STARVATION OR CARS

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Any use of ANY Animal for ANY Reason

Better watch out...

P.E.T.A

especially ones that are in your video games.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

PETA is one of those groups who whenever they say ANYTHING AT ALL I immediately ignore them like they aren't even there

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Why is Jalopnik BS?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Fuck PETA. Conservation groups do more for animals than any of your non-contextual bullshit. Please stop before you continue the already startling decline in the legitimacy of activism and causes for animals.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.