come in, this will make you want to drink bleach

potatopLays

this is pissing me off for the whole day and so i decided to post this... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GnpQLk (my build) and so here the story http://prntscr.com/4vx8rt

Oh yeah a WD Green for your performance needs is a must. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And I have cancer now.

Also why Hyper T4? It's not that great of a cooler. Save up a few more bucks and get the 212

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

umm

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

if youre gonna overclock that pentium (i dont know anything about b85 chipset tho) you'll need ram that doesn't suck. 

op - 1

unnamed - 0

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

if youre gonna overclock that pentium (i dont know anything about b85 chipset tho) you'll need ram that doesn't suck. 

op - 1

unnamed - 0

some mobo from msi, asus, gigabyte and some others can OC but they have a voltage cap

And I have cancer now.

Also why Hyper T4? It's not that great of a cooler. Save up a few more bucks and get the 212

thought it was cheap and many heatpipes

T_T

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I don't really see anything wrong with his advice. You would be perfectly fine with 1333MHz RAM if there was a significant cost saving but I looked at PCPP and you would only end up saving like 2 dollars so just get whatever you want.

An SSD is great. If you don't have money for it now then it's one of the first things you should upgrade later. You can get a 120GB Samsung 840 Evo for 80 dollars which is a great deal. For only 10 dollars more you can get the Pro model.

I am not sure if you can overclock with that board but if you can't then I recommend you change it. I mean, you are getting an aftermarket cooler so I assume you are going to overclock. I just think you should make sure you can actually do it before ordering.

I think you're being a dick OP. That guy is giving you pretty decent advice (neither good nor bad) and you respond with calling him a peasant who doesn't know what he is talking about. On top of that, you're using incorrect grammar when insulting him.

I don't really see anything wrong with his advice. You would be perfectly fine with 1333MHz RAM if there was a significant cost saving but I looked at PCPP and you would only end up saving like 2 dollars so just get whatever you want.

An SSD is great. If you don't have money for it now then it's one of the first things you should upgrade later. You can get a 120GB Samsung 840 Evo for 80 dollars which is a great deal. For only 10 dollars more you can get the Pro model.

I am not sure if you can overclock with that board but if you can't then I recommend you change it. I mean, you are getting an aftermarket cooler so I assume you are going to overclock. I just think you should make sure you can actually do it before ordering.

I think you're being a dick OP. That guy is giving you pretty decent advice (neither good nor bad) and you respond with calling him a peasant who doesn't know what he is talking about. On top of that, you're using incorrect grammar when insulting him.

english is my second language http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/memory/#s=301333&Z=8192002 and still do not see why i should go 1333.... and yes you can OC with non Z mobo http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2389948

The guy recommended a WD green, and I would consider that bad advice. I don't thing the guy's a total idiot but he's a bit misinformed.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

The guy recommended a WD green, and I would consider that bad advice. I don't thing the guy's a total idiot but he's a bit misinformed.

Why? Remember, the guy is recommending him to get an SSD and then change his HDD for a WD Green. The Green is cheaper (although not enough for me to consider it) and with an SSD he don't really need some high performance mechanical storage (remember, even the WD Green has great sequential read/write performance, it's only in small read/writes or high queue depth they suffer).

Swapping the HDD out for the green would be a bad idea if you didn't get the SSD as well, but he never told OP to do that. He said, get an SSD and change the HDD. You have to read the entire post and not just take things out of context.

If I didn't know how much OP would pay for the different parts then I would have given very similar advice. If he had a link to PCPP so he could compare prices then yes, he should have looked at that before commenting, but the things he is saying are pretty good in general. There is absolutely no need to be rude, calling him a peasant and telling him he "doesn't have any idea what he is talking about".

yeah, there aint nothing no wrong with wd green

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Why? Remember, the guy is recommending him to get an SSD and then change his HDD for a WD Green. The Green is cheaper (although not enough for me to consider it) and with an SSD he don't really need some high performance mechanical storage (remember, even the WD Green has great sequential read/write performance, it's only in small read/writes or high queue depth they suffer).

Swapping the HDD out for the green would be a bad idea if you didn't get the SSD as well, but he never told OP to do that. He said, get an SSD and change the HDD. You have to read the entire post and not just take things out of context.

If I didn't know how much OP would pay for the different parts then I would have given very similar advice. If he had a link to PCPP so he could compare prices then yes, he should have looked at that before commenting, but the things he is saying are pretty good in general. There is absolutely no need to be rude, calling him a peasant and telling him he "doesn't have any idea what he is talking about".

He suggested a 120GB drive though, and that won't hold very much (at least for me, anyway) My 4TB of HDD space has my entire steam library and more programs on it because my samsung 120GB filled up fast with windows and some of my productivity stuff like MS Office, Visual Studio, and Adobe CS6 programs. I see your point for someone who uses less storage though.

I don't get why people complain about Green drives, I have 4 of them in my PC, they are not my main ones but I store large media files, music and such on there. 

He suggested a 120GB drive though, and that won't hold very much (at least for me, anyway) My 4TB of HDD space has my entire steam library and more programs on it because my samsung 120GB filled up fast with windows and some of my productivity stuff like MS Office, Visual Studio, and Adobe CS6 programs. I see your point for someone who uses less storage though.

You're the exception rather than the norm. Most people don't have 4TB of games installed on their computers.

I got 66GB free on my 120GB SSD. On it I got Windows, Photoshop, Illustrator, drivers, Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, a few games (Diablo, South Park, Unreal Tournament etc), and a bunch of commonly used programs (WinRAR, OBS, HexChat, Skype, Anki, video, music players etc).

Obviously it depends on the games, but you should be able to fit the top 3-5 most played games on an 120GB SSD and then use the 1TB for the ones that don't need as much speed or that you don't play as often.

You just need to plan a bit better.

Note: I am not saying that OP should get a WD Green because I don't think the small price difference is worth it, but if he got an SSD and there was a decent difference then I would recommend it too. No reason to flame the "peasant" for it.

You're the exception rather than the norm. Most people don't have 4TB of games installed on their computers.

I got 66GB free on my 120GB SSD. On it I got Windows, Photoshop, Illustrator, drivers, Office, Firefox, Thunderbird, a few games (Diablo, South Park, Unreal Tournament etc), and a bunch of commonly used programs (WinRAR, OBS, HexChat, Skype, Anki, video, music players etc).

Obviously it depends on the games, but you should be able to fit the top 3-5 most played games on an 120GB SSD and then use the 1TB for the ones that don't need as much speed or that you don't play as often.

You just need to plan a bit better.

Note: I am not saying that OP should get a WD Green because I don't think the small price difference is worth it, but if he got an SSD and there was a decent difference then I would recommend it too. No reason to flame the "peasant" for it.

Oh yeah, that guy didn't deserve to be called a peasant.