How can I overclock to 6Ghz?

Could a really loud or expensive cooling system allow that?

How about 5.5Ghz?

It must be an Intel processor.

P.s., I am willing to do almost anything!

**Preferably some things I can order on Amazon or Newegg**

Update:

How about 5.2 Ghz with this phase cooler: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6233/ex-vap-15/Cooler_Express_2013_Super_Single_Evaporator_CPU_Cooling_Unit_w_Upgraded_Socket_Kit_-_All_Sockets_478_754_775_1155_1156_1366_2011_939_940_AM2_Xeon_CE-48-S-1C.html?tl=g49&id=pBrisU7q

Buy yourself a lot of liquid nitrogen. It's probably not gonna happen, mate.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You can use thermoelectric cooling or phase change cooling to get over 5GHz stable.

Liquid nitrogen is expensive, and in short supply. Only use that for record-breaking overclocking, not for running your PC normally.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How about 5.5Ghz?

http://www.cnet.com/news/liquid-nitrogen-cooled-haswell-chip-hits-6-5ghz/

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/EKWB-LN2-Cooling-CPU,22706.html

http://www.overclockers.com/an-introduction-to-extreme-cooling/

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

move to the south pole other wise nitrogen

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1. Get a giant freezer, best heatsink available

put PC to overclock inside

Set freezer to -32C

Overclock

So are there little "PC" freezers like this? (A real freezer, of course, would be difficult because I would need holes for cables (cannot shut the door on cables))

Also, does the liquid nitrogen need to be constantly replaced?

How do I order the cooling nitrogen system?

No practical cooling. Maybe water cooling with big tubes and a giant radiator. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

theoretical if you used a full copper heat sink and used a precooler to get the air down to minus 30+ you might make it, however this will be expensive as you can imagine and around as loud as a jet

and then the processor probably wouldn't work either because there are limits to clock speed besides temperature,

How about putting big fans around the motherboard (large fans, like, human-sized ones), and a really big heatsink. Perhaps a heatsink as big as possible, with as many fans as possible,

Or is there a liquid cooler that is powerful enough? Could I get like two of the liquid coolers and stack them on each other? Idk!

Does the size of heatsink give diminishing returns? (For example, at some point, it doesn't matter how big your heatsink is, because transfer from cpu to heatsink is maxed)

I could spend easily $300 on this, and not mind loud noises (as long as it's not like a jet or jackhammer). In fact, I welcome loud noises, or complicated designs which could take hours to assemble.

I am looking into these liquid nitrogen things.

You would definitely need a custom loop but even then its going to be hard to get past 5 ghz

You aren't gonna hit that for actual use. LN2 it if you seriously want to try for some ungodly reason.

1. Get a giant freezer, best heatsink available
  2. put PC to overclock inside
  3. Set freezer to -32C
  4. Overclock

Yeah the problem with that is since the freezer is insulated you'd just be heating it up.

Yeah the problem with that is since the freezer is insulated you'd just be heating it up.

I meant something like a meat-locker that can sustain -60C while fully loaded at most...

I meant something like a meat-locker that can sustain -60C while fully loaded at most...

The physics still apply. :P

You would definitely need a custom loop but even then its going to be hard to get past 5 ghz

How about 5.5?

Really, I don't get it. A normal stock processor goes up to like 4.4Ghz with turbo I think, so how could a measly 25% increase in speed be so difficult to handle?

How about 5.5?

Really, I don't get it. A normal stock processor goes up to like 4.4Ghz with turbo I think, so how could a measly 25% increase in speed be so difficult to handle?

Overclocking a processor 10% can heat it up immensely and decrease lifespan with a small performance increase. Now do you really want to overclock to 6ghz?

Overclocking a processor 10% can heat it up immensely and decrease lifespan with a small performance increase. Now do you really want to overclock to 6ghz?

Yes!! I still do. As long as it's feasible, but these nitrogen solution things do not seem feasible. I was thinking more along the lines of big fans or watercoolers.

Yes!! I still do. As long as it's feasible, but these nitrogen solution things do not seem feasible. I was thinking more along the lines of big fans or watercoolers.

You would DEFINITELY need a custom loop if you don't want to kill your processor. My advice: Don't go past 5.5 ghz. But it's your computer, go up to 7ghz, it's possible.

Have you tried mineral oil sinking ? post-14-0-24953300-1358127790.jpg

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

You would DEFINITELY need a custom loop if you don't want to kill your processor. My advice: Don't go past 5.5 ghz. But it's your computer, go up to 7ghz, it's possible.

A "Custom loop"? Is it difficult to make? Just a tube, right?

Have you tried mineral oil sinking ?

Is that a real picture? Why is the fan underwater? Seems fake.

How about 5.5?

that normal stock cpu is basically overclocked already. 4790k do not have much headroom left. Mine only has 12% to 4.7ghz.

How about 5.5Ghz?

**Preferably some things I can order on Amazon or Newegg**

Send it out of the atmosphere (with a heater ofc) with wireless peripherals and let it draw the electricity from the cosmic energy while it stays nice and cool and u can overclock to ur hearts desire