Most Overpriced Tech?

CaptainKoda

The 40 dollar cover for the shield tablet!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Gigabyte G1 Gaming Series

Why? I have one and it is by far the best card I have ever seen or had, so damn worth its money. 1600Mhz core without voltage tweaking? I've yet to see a single other card that is not G1 gaming reach this without voltage tweaking (Looking at you strix and TF V)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Why? I have one and it is by far the best card I have ever seen or had, so damn worth its money. 1600Mhz core without voltage tweaking? I've yet to see a single other card that is not G1 gaming reach this without voltage tweaking (Looking at you strix and TF V)

G1 900 Series Price is too high and lower core than EVGA SC ACX 2.0

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

G1 900 Series Price is too high and lower core than EVGA SC ACX 2.0

You don't pay for clock speed. You pay for the impeccable cooler, perfect I/O and excellent custom PCB.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

European cars :( (counts because they're full of tech)

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You don't pay for clock speed. You pay for the impeccable cooler, perfect I/O and excellent custom PCB.

not just the clock speed the EVGA SC ACX 2.0 Perform better and silent than G1

i hope you understand why i say G1 Overpriced

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Any bit of tech sold outside the US is overpriced.

ESPECIALLY Europe.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Prebuilt "gaming" branded PCs.

A lot of pre-builts in the UK aren't too bad outside of places like PC World etc.

true thats what i mean sorry

Those watches that all those fashion-obsessed businessmen/women wear to show off their wealth and style. $10,000 for something that just tells the time and sparkles versus $100 for something that tells the time, date, day of the week, has a stopwatch, a 24-hour timer, 2 alarms, 48-city time, and has tidal and lunar calendars... and can be run over by a truck... and can survive being dropped off a cliff and into the sea... and can be seen in the dark.

Those watches that all those fashion-obsessed businessmen/women wear to show off their wealth and style. $10,000 for something that just tells the time and sparkles versus $100 for something that tells the time, date, day of the week, has a stopwatch, a 24-hour timer, 2 alarms, 48-city time, and has tidal and lunar calendars... and can be run over by a truck... and can survive being dropped off a cliff and into the sea... and can be seen in the dark.

those watches are different, there are some watches ( look around in Switzerland) that are high quality and beautiful. The real reason they are that expensive is that many of them hand made, and there are extremely small parts, so they require loads of man hours+ you need to buy the branding too

titans

they are not. If you are someone who wants to use workstation features, but does not plan to use them for years 24/7, they are actually very good value!

these two things are common in a place that we are not the audience, as we are not rich enough to get a piece of engineering on our hand for £10K, neither we do appreciate the workstation like attributes in Titan

those watches are different, there are some watches ( look around in Switzerland) that are high quality and beautiful. The real reason they are that expensive is that many of them hand made, and there are extremely small parts, so they require loads of man hours+ you need to buy the branding too

they are not. If you are someone who wants to use workstation features, but does not plan to use them for years 24/7, they are actually very good value!

these two things are common in a place that we are not the audience, as we are not rich enough to get a piece of engineering on our hand for £10K, neither we do appreciate the workstation like attributes in Titan

thats true but we are talking about stuff that is overpriced for the average person.

thats true but we are talking about stuff that is overpriced for the average person.

but they are not overpriced, as they have a value, that is there

for me, overpriced is where there is no value behind the pricetag, like those USB cable

Audiocables: I am not sure. I do not know about extremely high end audio components and cables

Windows, that is for sure. £130 for an OS (for one) is too much for me. £50 ( student discount) is much more bearable

M-ITX cases, something that is half the size than its big bro, still cost a lot, even though the usage is much more smaller (eg no SLI and large rad support thanks to form factor) like 380T

Dre Beats

Anything from Apple

Brazzers subscription

Almost spit out my water with that last one

Almost spit out my water with that last one

'Tis true though.  :lol:

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...