What's Your Opinion on Smartwatches? *EPIC POLL*

I use a pebble. I think that it is great. I paid $150 for it. Which I think is great, because Casio G-Shock watches are about the same price.

And now the pebble is $99. I think thats a great deal.

It's all great.

Many great.

Or is it a grate?

Wait a minute.

You don't have a SmartWatch/2?

:o

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I agree with @Techteen14 The 360 was not what it lived up to be, and personally, I don't think it looks that nice (black bezel-thing on the bottom totally ruins the look). LG G Watch R seems to be the next big smart watch everyone is looking forward to (myself included) I mean look at it.. it's so sexyLG-G-Watch-R.jpg

See, I don't like how much it looks like a (L)G-Shock watch. I still like the design of the Moto better, but I have mixed feelings about the flat tire. 18.63% of me thinks it's horrible, but the other 82.37% says that my current watch has TWO of them (one top and on the bottom of the "screen") and reminds me that I didn't even notice it when I played with it in Best Buy.

It definitely didn't live up to the hype, though.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Wait a minute.

You don't have a SmartWatch/2?

:o

Nope. Wish I did. But I like the E-Ink.

If they were the same price then the Sony. But right now, Color displays are not worth it for me with the battery life. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

See, I don't like how much it looks like a (L)G-Shock watch. I still like the design of the Moto better, but I have mixed feelings about the flat tire. 18.63% of me thinks it's horrible, but the other 82.37% says that my current watch has TWO of them (one top and on the bottom of the "screen") and reminds me that I didn't even notice it when I played with it in Best Buy.

It definitely didn't live up to the hype, though.

Hah, LG-Shock. Punny. :P  I still haven't gotten to try out any smartwatch yet.. However, I still think it's going to be a while before I consider getting myself one. The idea has lots of potential, and once you have one in your life, it's a really nice addition (according to what I've heard), but I really can't justify paying $150+ on a watch that I have to charge every night (I already have WAY too many things doing that). If I want to check the time, I have a normal watch (who's battery lasts years). Texts? How hard it it to take out a phone and look? I realize that there are times when it helps, but my phone is always nearby and it's never a chore for me to take it out and check the time/texts/whatever. Regardless, I am nonetheless interested in the G watch R. It's looks alone make me want it (I know, I'm naive) In the meantime, I'm fine with my phone, analog watch and Vivofit for now, thanks. 

Luke mentioned the idea of an analog watch that just had a screen on top of it. That way, you could only turn on the screen when you need to see something. Otherwise, it's just a normal watch. I remember them showing one on the WAN show but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. That looked like epic.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Hah, LG-Shock. Punny. :P  I still haven't gotten to try out any smartwatch yet.. However, I still think it's going to be a while before I consider getting myself one. The idea has lots of potential, and once you have one in your life, it's a really nice addition (according to what I've heard), but I really can't justify paying $150+ on a watch that I have to charge every night (I already have WAY too many things doing that). If I want to check the time, I have a normal watch (who's battery lasts years). Texts? How hard it it to take out a phone and look? I realize that there are times when it helps, but my phone is always nearby and it's never a chore for me to take it out and check the time/texts/whatever. Regardless, I am nonetheless interested in the G watch R. It's looks alone make me want it (I know, I'm naive) In the meantime, I'm fine with my phone, analog watch and Vivofit for now, thanks.

This basically sums up the point my rational side is trying to make to my other, drooling-over-the-Moto-360 side. :P 

Luke mentioned the idea of an analog watch that just had a screen on top of it. That way, you could only turn on the screen when you need to see something. Otherwise, it's just a normal watch. I remember them showing one on the WAN show but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. That looked like epic.

I remember seeing that on Engadget, can't remember for the life of me what it's called. I do know it's super expensive though, I believe $1,000+.

I remember seeing that on Engadget, can't remember for the life of me what it's called. I do know it's super expensive though, I believe $1,000+.

JESUS! That's is a lot of money. Then again, when you think about it, a lot of watches are unnecessarily expensive and people still buy it (uncle just dropped seven grand on a watch :o ). I don't really see any "techie" buying this though; it's way too much money for it to be used in the mainstream market (no idea if that is the correct use of a semi-colon). Hopefully there will be a cheaper alternative with similar technology sometime in the future. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I don't really understand the use of a smartwatch as the way they are currently they just seem like a shortcut to the device that is just down in your pocket.  Along with that they're battery life, aside from the pebble, is less than stellar, or good for that matter.  I couldn't justify spending a couple hundred dollars on a watch that allows me to not use the phone I also spent hundreds on, it just doesn't make sense.  Maybe one day if they become more functional and have actual worthwhile features I'll change my mind, but as they stand I think they're pretty useless.

I think its pretty good, I use a pebble and man its been super handy, hoping to upgrade to the LG G watch R though

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

at the moment those watches are "mehh" since they don't justify their existence yet, maybe if they did more then displaying calls, time, imconing things etc on a day or 3 battery charge i wouldn't really mind, if we take a smart-band(slimmed down smartwatch razer nabu as example) it actually does the same, add's a step counter along with it and lasts longer on a battery charge.

Leave your thoughts Rants & suggestions below

PS: leave your suggestion or an additional question  that i can add to the poll... (via PM or quoting this post)  . . Also please leave a 'like' if you find this poll thread amusing.

i got a suggestion for the poll, a analogue smartwatch, saw a topic about it on the news section, it was a analogue watch but a small led display overtop wich would light up when you had a call coming in or whatever your setting is.

downside, cheapest version was $500+ after pre-order period.

topic link http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/216314-a-better-smartwatch-then-any-smartwatch/?hl=smartwatch

site link https://kairoswatches.com/

warning browser heavy content.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

at the moment those watches are "mehh" since they don't justify their existence yet, maybe if they did more then displaying calls, time, imconing things etc on a day or 3 battery charge i wouldn't really mind, if we take a smart-band(slimmed down smartwatch razer nabu as example) it actually does the same, add's a step counter along with it and lasts longer on a battery charge.

i got a suggestion for the poll, a analogue smartwatch, saw a topic about it on the news section, it was a analogue watch but a small led display overtop wich would light up when you had a call coming in or whatever your setting is.

downside, cheapest version was $500+ after pre-order period.

topic link http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/216314-a-better-smartwatch-then-any-smartwatch/?hl=smartwatch

site link https://kairoswatches.com/

warning browser heavy content.

That's the watch I remembered reading about on Engadget.

All the models are just too bulky for me. (Not to mention expensive) I still like the minimalist look of the 360 better.

(uncle just dropped seven grand on a watch :o ).

Yes, :o

I'd feel uncomfortable wearing something that expensive (not to mention probably bulky, heavy and flat-out big). I'd feel like I'm bragging.

Plus I'd probably get mugged immediately upon exiting Saxon's. :P Even if it's broad daylight, and that Saxon's is located across the street from the state precinct and a military base, $7,000 is a big motivator. :P

Yes, :o

I'd feel uncomfortable wearing something that expensive (not to mention probably bulky, heavy and flat-out big). I'd feel like I'm bragging.

Plus I'd probably get mugged immediately upon exiting Saxon's. :P Even if it's broad daylight, and that Saxon's is located across the street from the state precinct and a military base, $7,000 is a big motivator. :P

Yeah, you'd probably get your hand chopped off if you live in a place even remotely sketchy. My uncle doesn't wear it though. He got it as an "heirloom" to pass on to my cousin and then he'll pass it on and so on. He does have a few other watches that are all ~$1000+ that he does wear. He's one of those guys that really does not know what to buy with his money, from impractical cars, overly expensive tech, and basically anything that my cousin could fathom of owning. But he also have me a pretty baller watch for my b-day so I ain't mad  :lol:

That's the watch I remembered reading about on Engadget.

All the models are just too bulky for me. (Not to mention expensive) I still like the minimalist look of the 360 better.

yeah i admit it's a bit bulky, but somehow that doesnt matter for me.

the moto 360 looks fine yeah, altough the downpoint is that it's a digital watch wich i (personally) don't really like, altough if i was able to get one right now(for free) it could get me over that issue i think.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Analog Timepiece. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Maybe, if its a hybrid analogue smartwatch

If its affordable, and looks good

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

No watch at all.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |