what's wrong with mcafee

spwath

Well? I'll have to use it for 10 months, what's wrong with it?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well? I'll have to use it for 10 months, what's wrong with it?

Bad on system resources, anti virus doesn't do jack to protect a system, it's sluggish, low on how much it protects... Just junk.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

2 words. CRAP. WARE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Bad on system resources, anti virus doesn't do jack to protect a system, it's sluggish, low on how much it protects... Just junk.

But it doesnt do anything bad?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Everything.

Get rid of it and get avast.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

But it doesnt do anything bad?

It not protecting you very well could be considered a bad thing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Almost as bad as norton. Doesn't hlep much, false alerts, uses up system resources.

If you turn scheduled scans off it shouldn't hurt your performance much, but malwarebytes is far better.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It not protecting you very well could be considered a bad thing.

Even Avast detects it as crapware

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'll have to use it for 10 months

why? That is should be in the bill of right, you a free to use any anti virus you want. 

Even Avast detects it as crapware

LOL, made my day :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

why? That is should be in the bill of right, you a free to use any anti virus you want. 

LOL, made my day :D$60 Mail-in-Rebate with the purchase of McAfee Multi Access from

TigerDirect & Ebay (BUNDLEOFFER).
1. Purchase a qualified product listed on this form between 8/14/2014 and 12/31/2014.
2. Go to http://mcafee.4myrebate.com/?oc=MCA-10000 to claim your rebate (Details Below)
3. Print the rebate application at http://mcafee.4myrebate.com/?oc=MCA-10000
4. Mail in all the appropriate documents.
5. By redeeming this rebate you are agreeing to Activate and Install McAfee Multi Acess, and to 
 enroll in the Auto Renewal feature of the product for the first 10 months of the the subscription. 
 After the first 10 months, you are free to opt out of the Auto Renewal feature at any time.

Everything.

Get rid of it and get avast.

I have to use it

It's basically cancer. I would go get the free trial of malwarebytes! I've done tons of giveaways on the forum for that AV, it's loved :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I have to use it

can you install it on a old PC and boot it once in a while?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Why do you have to?

$60 Mail-in-Rebate with the purchase of McAfee Multi Access from
1. Purchase a qualified product listed on this form between 8/14/2014 and 12/31/2014.
2. Go to http://mcafee.4myrebate.com/?oc=MCA-10000 to claim your rebate (Details Below)
5. By redeeming this rebate you are agreeing to Activate and Install McAfee Multi Acess, and to 
 enroll in the Auto Renewal feature of the product for the first 10 months of the the subscription. 
 After the first 10 months, you are free to opt out of the Auto Renewal feature at any time.

can you install it on a old PC and boot it once in a while?

Hmm... didnt think of that...

but would it hurt my pc at all?

I have to use it

I don't see where it says you have to use it, you are just having it auto renewed for 10 months and can cancel the auto-renewal after that.

$60 Mail-in-Rebate with the purchase of McAfee Multi Access from

Please. Just don't. Just get Avast. Free for life.

Its just best to remove it and install an actual antivirus not a load of shit.

This PC was running Mcafee:

post-75265-0-42667400-1412726294.gif

Now Serious,No,your PC will still be fine but what they are doing is just wrong and somewhat disgusting.

I don't see where it says you have to use it, you are just having it auto renewed for 10 months and can cancel the auto-renewal after that.

I have to have it on my pc for 10 months

Please. Just don't. Just get Avast. Free for life.

Im only using it because having me use it for 10 months gets me a free 64 gb usb 3.0 flashdirve!

Its just best to remove it and install an actual antivirus not a load of shit.

I need it to get a free 64gb usb3.0 flash drive! gives me 60$ rebate on 60$ flash drive

This PC was running Mcafee:

attachicon.gifhttp---makeagif.com--media-9-11-2014-u0snOe.gif

Now Serious,No,your PC will still be fine but what they are doing is just wrong and somewhat disgusting.

It gets me a free 64gb usb 3.0 flash drive, so

Let's not forget how much of a bitch it is to remove.

It actually started to take over my PC at one point.

Let's not forget how much of a bitch it is to remove.

It Cost Money. MSE/DEFENDER and Malware Bytes are perfect.