what's wrong with mcafee

spwath

It Cost Money. MSE/DEFENDER and Malware Bytes are perfect.

See I have it for free, along with a free flashdrive.

If i use mcafee i get a free 64gb USB 3.0 flashdrive.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have to have it on my pc for 10 months

Im only using it because having me use it for 10 months gets me a free 64 gb usb 3.0 flashdirve!

I need it to get a free 64gb usb3.0 flash drive! gives me 60$ rebate on 60$ flash drive

It gets me a free 64gb usb 3.0 flash drive, so

if your getting that thing to get a usb 3 drive then buy the drive directly instead of that POS, they ain't that expensive

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+3+64gb+drive

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Had it free with my laptop, never again.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

if your getting that thing to get a usb 3 drive then buy the drive directly instead of that POS, they ain't that expensive

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+3+64gb+drive

Free is beter than 40$....

I get free mcafee and free usb 3.0 64gb. WHy not???

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Free is beter than 40$....

I get free mcafee and free usb 3.0 64gb. WHy not???

i though you where buying the av, anyways ill pass that if it means to have this shit installed, 10 month of dealing whit it doesn't worth that, its worth for me if it comes whit a 2000$ gaming rig made by digital storm

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i though you where buying the av, anyways ill pass that if it means to have this shit installed, 10 month of dealing whit it doesn't worth that, its worth for me if it comes whit a 2000$ gaming rig made by digital storm

Nope, in hot deals section you can see it, 60$ flash drive plus Mcafee, 60$ rebate if you use McAfee for 10 month, free shipping

run a small vm with it installed, and maybe use the vm for other things that aren't that important

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

There's nothing bad about it; but why pay when you can get it for free?

Compatible with Windows 95

Well? I'll have to use it for 10 months, what's wrong with it?

I bought the flash drive as well. I'm planning on activating it on a virtual machine so I don't have to use it. It's just more junk that I have to deal with.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

There's nothing bad about it; but why pay when you can get it for free?

I have it for free.

In fact, if i use Mcaffe i get a free 64gb usb 3,0 flash drive

The only one I've found to function correctly in a wide variety of tasks is Webroot as it can also combat cryptolockers. Macafee, Norton and to a certain extent Kaspersky all are quite resource intensive and often miss quite a few things, especially Macafee. Webroot I so far haven't had any issues with.

I have it for free.

In fact, if i use Mcaffe i get a free 64gb usb 3,0 flash drive

If you have to "use it" just disable it on start up.

It just has to be on your computer right?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

If you have to "use it" just disable it on start up.

It just has to be on your computer right?

Yeah I guess

Yeah I guess

How are they checking that it is on your Computer from the first place?

Read the terms of use and agreement.....

Is the software checking back with the server every week or...

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

It just plain sucks. I've used it before and I hated every second of it. Now I use Win8 Defender and Malwarebytes.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Did you take the 20 dollar pny ram

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Almost as bad as norton. Doesn't hlep much, false alerts, uses up system resources.

If you turn scheduled scans off it shouldn't hurt your performance much, but malwarebytes is far better.

I used to work as a computer technician at Staples for a couple years, so I'd like to chime in here.

McAfee is worse than Norton. And has been since the XP days of yonder. Norton - as much as solutions like AVAST or Kaspersky are better - is actually a very solid Antivirus these days. Ever since their 2010/2011 versions and so on, they've really turned it around in terms of UI and resource hogging. Just review any 3rd party antivirus showdown. Norton has pretty decent detection rates.

Honestly though, AVAST is better in my opinion. I also quite like Kaspersky in terms of the "paid for" AV solutions.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)