PC Problems you live with

So heres an idea, We all (or mostly) build our own PCs here, and we almost certainly all (or mostly) have a custom PC, naturally they are not without their problems and sometimes things go wrong over time, so I am wondering am I the only one who just lives with some little things not working quite right, so I Thought I'd make this thread, the basic idea is to explain what little problems your PC has and how you manage to deal with/live with them on a daily basis.

I'll start by saying I have a Enermax T.B Apollish fan in the top of my case (I actually have more than one the rest are fine, this one is a bit dodgy) and it doesn't start up for some reason. to fix it I generally just spin the blades myself if I got the case open anyway and it starts from there, or I start upping and downing the voltage from my fan controller which eventually kicks it into life.

My only issue is the bluetooth on my mobo is really spotty, sometimes its flawless sometimes it doesnt work at all.. dont need it often enough to really care but its a mild annoyance 

Fan noise. Don't have enough money to watercool.  

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Driver issues and loud H100i stock fans and a load others like bent USB 3 header on my mobo means no front panel USB3 for my r4

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Stock Intel CPU cooler is so loud and maybe my PSU fan is loud too but I can't determine.  I am too lazy and scared to transfer my components to a Fractal R4 that I have 

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Mt 2TB seagate green drive, when not in use it spins down, then when you click on something for instance a film you hear it spin up and it takes about 30 seconds to launch in VLC, good idea for energy efficiency, but a royal pain in the ass when being used to SSD speeds in regular use.

another thing i live with is a off center pump bearing in a h100 cooler... i might try fix it my self but re filling the loop will be a mind fuck >.<

Character artist in the Games industry.

one of my Corsair SP fans clicks as it spins. I'm gonna buy some more, when i get $$.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

annoying involuntary double click when I never ask for it

dont know if there is a fix....

After making sure everything in my build is silent.. I've started to hear the PSU Fan and the HDDs D:

Missing one of my rubber grommets at the back of case (for watercooling hole).

GPU looks a little skewed/droopy from the weight of the card.

Also Nvidia won't let me use my 3 1080p monitors in surround (should have gone AMD).

Graphics card backplate blocking one of my front usb 3.0 connectors on the motherboard, so it can't be used

Coolermaster fan for evo 212 runs at 100% so every time i start up i have to load up a program to set it at a lower speed (only a temporary cooler until custom water cooling loop is installed) I wear headphones to make it quiet.

When built new computer, i didn't do fresh install of windows so lots of things don't work (was very busy at the time) (microsoft office says that i've installed it on more than 3 computers and won't work so i'm currently using word pad :) )

RAT 7 cursor sometimes locks up on a x axis (rarely but still happens)

Middle finger twitches sometimes and I accidentally right click (on my g9 i had a border next to right click so i could rest my finger on to prevent this)

Messed up painting one of my xbox controllers ages ago so it's forever sticky until i decide to fix it =]

First world problems....

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I got 8gigs 8x1gb sticks of ECC DDR2 Server ram and nothing to put it on  :(

It was 14$ on ebay and i tested on a friends server they all work great  ^_^

Also got a HP wx4000 workstations mobo that has x2 PCI-E slots and runs on LGA 775 and nothing to put it in :(

It was 22$ on ebay and works ^_^

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Stupid case, full of holes for watercooling that you can't even put in and taking off front panel to install a fan took me around 4 hours...

My fan's cable was missing 2cm from connecting to motherboard so i had to put tons of cables from psu to it so my fan is 100% on all the time, like a freaking vacuum cleaner ......

My 2x4GB Kingston HyperX t1 aren't low profile even tough i ordered those so i have no idea how will i install hyper 212 evo later down the line... also they look really bad.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Coolermaster fan for evo 212 runs at 100% so every time i start up i have to load up a program to set it at a lower speed (only a temporary cooler until custom water cooling loop is installed) I wear headphones to make it quiet.

Go into the bios and look for CPU Fan control and set to "silent" mode, I had to do the same until I figured out that option was in the bios.

Go into the bios and look for CPU Fan control and set to "silent" mode, I had to do the same until I figured out that option was in the bios.

True, I never bothered to check the bios for that option. It hasn't fully driven me crazy yet haha

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

My sisters wifi card the key is if its not working restart the pc until it does lol

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

My PCI ports aren't very secure so when I tug on my audio cable just a bit, it moves my sound card and causes my computer to hang. It gets quite annoying during skype calls if that happens.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Extremely long boot times. A super crappy graphics card.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I still have a non-modular power supply that makes cabling my PC a pain in the rear.  I can't wait til that AX760 gets here.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

My Asus Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen3 came with a somewhat broken outside plastic for cmos reset button on IO shield. Never cared about it.

Graphics card backplate blocking one of my front usb 3.0 connectors on the motherboard, so it can't be used

When built new computer, i didn't do fresh install of windows so lots of things don't work (was very busy at the time) (microsoft office says that i've installed it on more than 3 computers and won't work so i'm currently using word pad :) )

RAT 7 cursor sometimes locks up on a x axis (rarely but still happens)

Middle finger twitches sometimes and I accidentally right click (on my g9 i had a border next to right click so i could rest my finger on to prevent this)

Messed up painting one of my xbox controllers ages ago so it's forever sticky until i decide to fix it =]

First world problems....

I have that same x axis lock problem with my rat 5, so annoying, but it has never happened in game so I don't worry,

also my south-bridge gets hot so I installed a blower type fan on the back of my psu to cool it, it is very loud even running at only 5 volts

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I want a PC that does whatever you think within a millisecond.

No input require, no mouse, keyboard.....just what you think and it does.

Possible?