Have you ever been hurt by a computer component before?

Toasted Waffles

When I was swapping hard drives out in my desktop, I had a stubborn SATA cable stuck into a 3.5" drive. I used too much force to pull it out and sent the hard drive and my hand into the wall when the cable eventually came loose. The corner of the hard drive smashed it's way into my finger and cut it open. 

Oh, don't worry, the hard drive and wall were fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Inserting ram without heatsink- my fingers bleed

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Front panel connector right underneath the finger nail :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

The fan that came with the Corsair H55 AIO has very sharp blades. Got a nasty cut from it.  :wacko:

I found that also.

MISS HOVER, I ATE MY GLUE!!!!

Seeing other builds with better specs does hurt me :(

Built: i7 4790k @ 4.6 (1.29v), MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio, Asus Z97-Pro(Wifi), EVGA Supernova G2 750W, 16gb @ 2400mhz OC, CM Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial MX100 256gb, WD Black 2TB+2TB, Logitech G105, G502, Z623,  Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS G-Sync, NZXT H440(Red/Black)

1. I tuched a fan while running at 100% - bad idea

2. I got an electric shock by a PSU Cabel after plugging it out - dont know what happened

3. got an electric shock again by my PS3 Power supply - worse idea

Professional n00b gamer!

1. I tuched a fan while running at 100% - bad idea

2. I get shocked by a PSU Cabel after plugging it out - dont know what happened

3. get shocked again by my PS3 Power supply - worse idea

tumblr_lngkbxvf4c1qi6tklo1_500.gif

I mean it in the sense of YOU SHOCKED YOURSELF

Because he had a hard drive.

I like many others proudly carry the scars of the digital age.

Numerous aluminium/sheet steel inflicted lacerations and abrasions... However I have never been burned by heat sink nor have I anointed any of the systems that I have worked on in my own blood due to live fan blade touching. I feel incomplete somehow.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I like many others proudly carry the scars of the digital age.

Numerous aluminium/sheet steel inflicted lacerations and abrasions... However I have never been burned by heat sink nor have I anointed any of the systems that I have worked on in my own blood due to live fan blade touching. I feel incomplete somehow.

My laptop has a brushed aluminum finish. I cut myself working in my Server Hardware lab one day without realizing it, at the bottom of my palm. I started using my laptop, and later on, realized I bled a small amount onto the keyboard. It stained, permanently... People question me about the dark spot constantly -_-

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

accidentally rubbing my knuckles against solder joints on a motherboard. That hurts like hell.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Cut fingers are the norm now also have a debilitating condition that affects my wallet when ever I see tech gear. Think its called mustbuyallcomputerstufffever

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

Same old stuff here... cutting on heatsinks, cases, fans, pentiums ans so on

some things falling on my feet and stuff nothin special :D

But a friend of mine once redid his cable management and cut the old tape with an utility knife.

We were at school at a sunday due to a school projekt and thought that there is plenty of space to work on our rigs too. (yeah school, good old days ... ;D )

Whole thing ended up with him cutting his hand and wrist, DEEEP. He almost hit a sinew and cut some nerves ond of course blood EVERYWERE. He bleeded on the whole hallway and thats a loooooong hallway.

Now hes got a quite decent scar on his hand hand is unable to feel pressure at his thumb and the part of the hand under it.

Not really hurt by computer parts but injured while working on em. :D

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

I was trying to open my case while a fan was running and my knuckle got rasped pretty good by the blades. I think there was blood on them and it sprayed all over my internals... good thing I don't have AIDS for whenever I sell them.

Other than that my fingers always get torn up after dealing with the case, screws, screw drivers, and whatever clampy-thing there is.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

When i cut my finger i don'hurt but the component does xD

Sliced my hand on my old pc with the case so i put some ducktape on it and carried on :P 

I accidentally touched a 10000 rpm hard drive and it scraped the skin off my finger, I also once lost my toenail because I dropped a large case on it

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Some how managed to stab myself by the CMOS jumper, and that actually hurt -.-

yeah someone threw a graphics card at me. it hurted

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

I went to reach for a cable to get it out of the way of the case fan, and it nicked my fingernail, pulling it up.

It fucking sucked.

Old pcs are the worst. i cant tell you how many times i have been scrapping old pcs at work and a hdd just come out... after like 50lbs of force then it comes out, gashing my had 7 times across the heatsink..

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I sliced my finger open on a cheap I/O shield from an ASUS mobo.  

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

My laptop has a brushed aluminum finish. I cut myself working in my Server Hardware lab one day without realizing it, at the bottom of my palm. I started using my laptop, and later on, realized I bled a small amount onto the keyboard. It stained, permanently... People question me about the dark spot constantly -_-

Ah yes those deep slices one doesn't feel until something alerts them to the fact that there's blood trickling out of the wound. Usually after it has covered much clothing and a good number of surfaces.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.