How to be less paranoid?

RevoltTrain

I've lived in my current home for about a year and a half now and I still do not feel safe in my own home. I would move but I am only 16 and do not have the funds for my own place. I've never had this problem in any old home I lived in. And I also feel a lot safer in houses I've never stayed in. From what I can tell this is not a very common thing. 

So, do you guys have any tips to be less paranoid or more comfortable in my own home?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Get a psychiatrist.

no 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I've lived in my current home for about a year and a half now and I still do not feel safe in my own home. I would move but I am only 16 and do not have the funds for my own place. I've never had this problem in any old home I lived in. And I also feel a lot safer in houses I've never stayed in. From what I can tell this is not a very common thing. 

So, do you guys have any tips to be less paranoid or more comfortable in my own home?

I am pretty paranoid in terms of people texting me (usually my crush) to the point that i cant sleep well. My advice is to find a distraction.

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

get a girlfriend, or a cat or a dog.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I am pretty paranoid in terms of people texting me (usually my crush) to the point that i cant sleep well. My advice is to find a distraction.

CSGO 4 3V3R 

get a girlfriend, or a cat or a dog.

I have a girlfriend (have for about a year now). And have a cat (have for about 3 years now). I wish I could have a dog but that goes against our lease.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

face the fear

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Stay naked at home and don't wash for a month

silently stroke your genitals all day long

it's calming as f**k

you also live in America, given what kind of shit goes down here I'm not surprised that you don't feel safe in your own house and you're not alone in feeling that way.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Learn Martial Arts O.o

I see life as something short, so I would rather spend my life happy and enjoying things around me instead of worrying for whats coming. I stopped worrying about things that you mentioned because it was ruining the time I was having. Since you mentioned that you didn't feel safe at your home, I would check on the things that are making you feel uncomfortable(doors, windows, whatever it is), and gain confidence in whatever it is(might have to replace things). Also I sleep with my Latitude in case if I need to smack the s*** out of somebody.

Source: Lived in the hood for a while. Now I live the boonies right by a gas station(sketchy place to live btw).

What exactly do you mean by unsafe? Like potential crime victim or perhaps easy to start a fire?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Buy all the Samsung you want. (this remedy should only work for me...)

I recommend remodeling your entire house. (Look up easy ways to change the mood in your house)

Try repainting the walls, add wall decorations, and change some furniture.

Also, remember to keep clean, as a clean environment is more soothing compared to a messy one.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

What exactly do you mean by unsafe? Like potential crime victim or perhaps easy to start a fire?

A bit of both.

A bit of both.

Well, maybe there's a reason for it. Does the house look unsafe? Lots of vulnerable entry points, no easy fire escapes?

I felt like that when I moved into a house I bought, so I took steps like getting better locks, installing a security alarm, making rules in regard to locking doors and I've also installed fire alarms around the house and made sure there is always an escape route in case of an emergency.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Survey the house, put a packet of salt at places where you feel most uncomfortable...

Have you recently watched some beheading videos or some extreme gores? Or do you feel scared from what happen of murdering and slaughtering people that you watch on the news or on YT?

Have you recently watched some beheading videos or some extreme gores? Or do you feel scared from what happen of murdering and slaughtering people that you watch on the news or on YT?

Nope.

What do you think of when your paranoid, zombies? Thieves? Potatoes?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Place secure measurement all around the house, so that you know you can defend yourselve should something happen.

I sleep like a baby with the sword I placed under my bed, the torchlight and Swiss army knife on my bag, next to my bed.

Weed and lsd. Nothing takes the edge off like a good trip.

/s

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

You live in South Bend, IN... You have a reason to be a bit watchful. Just lay low, keep your blinds closed when you arent around and you will more than likely be fine.

On a less serious note, "I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't against me..." :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What do you think of when your paranoid, zombies? Thieves? Potatoes?

Thieves and the paranormal mostly.