Will playing a single player game in steam, slow down a download in origin?

Not sure if this goes here, feel free to move it.

With the new patch out of bf4, I've gone ahead and started redownloading it for the like, 4th time. At this point I feel like a battered housewife saying "its not his fault, I burnt the roast!" >.<

So, with bf4 having a total size of 50.2gb, It's obviously going to take a hell of a while to download, and I'm just wondering if playing a single player game like borderlands 2 in steam, is going to slow down my download of bf4, or if it could negatively effect the downloading in some way?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

no, unless the game is downloading assets from the internet.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

AFAIK no.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

It's not going to corrupt the files, if thats what you mean.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

no it should not slow the download.Only when you play a game on steam and download on steam, steam will pause the game download but you can also just change this is a settings. But no steam will not slow origin down:)

Needs Update

As far as I know, even if you had cloud saving activated on steam, at most it would use about 50KB/s. That is the speed it used when I used the cloud saving feature anyway. Other than that, there should be no interference from steam whatsoever unless you're downloading another game at the same time.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Simplest solution, try it.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

If it has any connected online features, yes, but not much.

I was thinking of just running steam in offline anyways to prevent it from slowing down at all.

It's not going to corrupt the files, if thats what you mean.

That was a concern, thanks for clearing that up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not sure if this goes here, feel free to move it.

With the new patch out of bf4, I've gone ahead and started redownloading it for the like, 4th time. At this point I feel like a battered housewife saying "its not his fault, I burnt the roast!" >.<

So, with bf4 having a total size of 50.2gb, It's obviously going to take a hell of a while to download, and I'm just wondering if playing a single player game like borderlands 2 in steam, is going to slow down my download of bf4, or if it could negatively effect the downloading in some way?

play it it shouldn't that much unless you have crawling internet speed anyway unless it communicates with a server it won't

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

play it it shouldn't that much unless you have crawling internet speed anyway unless it communicates with a server it won't

Borderlands 2 does

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

No

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Borderlands 2 does

well unless its ending tonnes of data which even online play doesnt it wont at least not meusurably unless your isp speed is less than 3mbps

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

well unless its ending tonnes of data which even online play doesnt it wont at least not meusurably unless your isp speed is less than 3mbps

Fair point

Go Play League of Legends or some Blizzard game. 

most steam games will pause download or slow it down (at normal settings at least)