I Don't get it

Lower is always better for the budget, I don't really have a set budget. I don't want to spend $3500 but at least I don't have to worry about consoles ever again. Also 3500 is way better than my starting $8000 build. 

The purpose is mainly just gaming and watching movies. I want it to be a little overkill to be future prepaired.

I see. But you have to know, you will never be future proof, you must be prepared to upgrade the GPU in 5 years time if you want to keep getting max setting, because if you want to get a "better than console" quality, you can, but absolute max setting, you'll handle for (prediction) about 2 years, 3-5 years for well-optimised games, afterward you'll have to go down a bit, but you will still have better performance than consoles until at least the next console generation (And considering Linus compared the current gen with a GTX 480.... I think you'll be fine)

Okay, based on what you said about not wanting to spend $3500, I think SeanBond's suggestion of a mere $2700 seems perfect

That is what i was referring to I watched a review saying the wide resolution was difficult for some games to run on without tinkering.

Then like he said, a search from Google would solve most if not all problems. (Everything else, SeanBond's post covered quite well)

Im trying to get screen shot comparisons of shadow of mordor up but the resolution switch is weird, it only gives me options of the current aspect ratio and resolutions based of percentage...80%...90%...150%....weird and wonkey resolutions l am running instead of a list of resolutions also it keeps crashing as I switch to my tv and back So ill try crysis 3 and batman arkham origins instead

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

That is what i was referring to I watched a review saying the wide resolution was difficult for some games to run on without tinkering.

Here is batman arkham origins on my pc 16:9 vs 21:9 I suggest opening each image in a new tab and switching tabs for a better comparison than scrolling can give. Also it's jpeg so it looks like poo. Ill try crysis next as it's first person and should be a much better comparison. 

post-39055-0-97049100-1412443186_thumb.j

post-39055-0-17567000-1412443188_thumb.j

post-39055-0-64598200-1412443189_thumb.j

post-39055-0-82089000-1412443190_thumb.j

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KM32zy

This is what I think would run games the best. I know it's overkill I want overkill. I want my computer to play games without struggle. I don't understand what graphics card can play what games, I don't know where the line is drawn on what's needed recommended and ridiculous. I want best performance in games possible. Help me to understand why this build is bad because I'm sure it is.

Dont buy the titan Z, go for dual R9 295x2

Buy a better CPU Cooler, this is an important part of your PC.

Buy a nice pretty 4k screen

No point?

Pfft, no point. 4K is awesome and if OP can afford it, why not?

Pfft, no point. 4K is awesome and if OP can afford it, why not?

I already gave the reason. The OP won't be able to drive 4k at the settings they want. What's so hard with reading what I wrote?

Crysis 3 comparison is much better.

post-39055-0-19631100-1412445081_thumb.j

post-39055-0-18747900-1412445083_thumb.j

post-39055-0-37026400-1412445085_thumb.j

post-39055-0-29652100-1412445089_thumb.j

If the OP intends to max games out, no. Not at all. Not even close.

It can max out any game at 4k.Talking about 2 to 3 980s.

Because you can get good performance on a 1440p screen for $5000 less.

It's like shooting a dead guy.. overkill.

That's not overkill, that's zombie prevention lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have seen the errors of my ways. I understand better now why that was so ridiculous sorry again for being crazy. My latest interest is this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qJ2FYJ

That doesn't look bad except for the PSU. 750 watts is way overkill for that setup, unless you want to SLI in the future, 500 would be more than enough.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Looking at the OP, I am glad you turned to LTT for help! You saved 5k $ for the the total difference of about 0 FPS.

I wish you best of luck with your build, whatever it may be.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

These look almost the same to me could someone explain what the differences are?

Are i5's that much better for gaming then i7's

the main difference between i5 and i7 is the later has hyperthreading which doesn't do much of anything for gaming unless you are using the CPU's integrated graphics instead of a GPU

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Do you think asus mother boards are good, I've seen lots of good reviews on them. I don't really know how to decide on a motherboard. If I get the 4790k with the intentions of overclocking it. And I get a gtx 980, with the intentions of connecting it to the 29UM65 monitor using dvi (i heard dvi is better than hdmi?) Based on that info, if it's helpful at all, how do you go about deciding on a mother board?

That doesn't look bad except for the PSU. 750 watts is way overkill for that setup, unless you want to SLI in the future, 500 would be more than enough.

I am leaving room for overclocking and a future 2nd 980

You won't. I have only had 4 or 5 games in my library not natively support the resolution, I looked up what I could do about it and viola. An app called Flawless Widescreen. It's a tiny program than auto detects all the games on your computer and autofix the resolution. Even allow you to adjust fov in games that don't typically allow. It's also constantly being updated for free.

Could you pm me a link or post it here?

Buy the OS from g2a.com

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($93.35 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($193.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.98 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.98 @ NCIX US) 

Monitor: LG 29UM65-P 60Hz 29.0" Monitor  ($399.99 @ Best Buy) 

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($64.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $2578.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-05 08:03 EDT-0400

I have seen the errors of my ways. I understand better now why that was so ridiculous sorry again for being crazy. My latest interest is this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qJ2FYJ

That is a much more balanced build than what you were considering before. If you really wanted to you could also get a second GPU in SLI and still have a way better gaming experience that you would have had with your first parts list, for less than half the price. That 5960X or whatever it was called again was Intel's flagship CPU, and, while it is a very, very good part -the best there is, in fact- it's really only suitable for those people who do use computationally intensive, highly-multithreaded applications that cannot be accelerated by a GPU. That kind of software (that doesn't include games) isn't used by many people and even those that do often are happy to wait that extra minute or two for a workload to finish because it's just so damn expensive. If you like a gaming machine, GPU performance is what you need. Intending to buy an expensive CPU is nothing to be ashamed of. It happens all the time that people overestimate what they need. Usually for recreation, the consumer-grade 4970K is the highest-end CPU that still makes sense. More often than not, we'll even recommend the K-series i5 instead. I'm sure the salesman will be very happy to hook you up with more expensive gear but I think we can all agree it's more fun to get similar performance and have money left to spend elsewhere.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z97

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT

I'm still confused about mother boards both of these seem like good options. What do I need to be looking at when comparing mobo's?