I Don't get it

Why this build is bad?

1. CPU - Gaming RARELY uses 4 cores, let alone 6

2. Spending a 30$ cooler on a 1000$ CPU, really?

3. 64GB - Having all ram slots occupied, while increasing the speed, contributes NOTHING to gaming experience

4. Storage - 600$ for storage is too much

5. GPU: You know something funny? I can SLI 2 970s for 600$ and I guarantee that will actually beat this 3000$ Titan Z in gaming performance

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Sorry for coming off as a troll I think a troll is someone who watches forums without posting anything, or tries to start arguments like between amd and nvidia. I'm really wanting to understand Why and what is too much overkill and what's accepted as prepared for the future. Thank you for your input it's not falling on deaf ears, I've got several years of pc gaming to catch up on. All this hype over x99 is the best, but it's for workstations not gaming is slow to digest.

i see

Having more ram does not mean more performance. For gaming you will never use more than 6.5gb of ram as of right now. Games just don't need it. That's why most people stick with 8. basically after that point all that ram will just sit there and do nothing. By the time games will need 64gb of ram we will probably be on ddr 5 lol. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Why not a 4k monitor and gtx 980's?

I think 4k monitors are difficult for computers to play games on so I want to stay with 1080 or 1440 to help it out.

Are you trying to be stupid right now?

No, my last console was a PS1 and my current computer is 10 years old. I have been interested in upgrading when building my own was brought up, something I had never considered before. I have been watch Linus on youtube learning how to build a computer. I have to sort through all this information, I never cared about before, in order not to do something stupid like buying this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KM32zy when it's not needed. I really don't know much about computers. I'm not stupid, just ignorant. I have never purchased a graphics card in my life.

really?

1. you won't need that CPU

2. cooler for that CPU...

3. you don't really need extra thermal paste

4. that RAM... 16GB is pretty overkill for gaming

5. you can get a much cheaper and lower capacity SSD and then get a HDD

6. get 2 980s if you really want max perf. that's the highest i would recommend someone

7. please get a better case..

8. get lower watt PSU

9. do you really need a blu ray drive? 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

WHY NOT: For gaming, per-core performance is more important. therefore even 3.4Ghz Xeon E3 1231 would still beat it out stock speed (overclock is a different story, but even an i5 unlocked (K Models) would still beat it.

WHY NOT: Same reason above, because this motherboard would be just for the Xtreme CPUs.

WHY NOT: You won't need more than 8GB of RAM for normal gaming (16GB for extreme modding) for the next few years.

WHY NOT: Cost, only thing is the cost, ideally, most efficiently would be a 120GB for the OS and 1-2 games (or 240GB for OS and current-games) with HDDs for storage for about everything else.

WHY NOT: Price-per-performance, not worth it in anyway, let's face that the Titans are merely professional (Quadro-like) cards that are marketed for gaming for no reason. A 980 would do perfectly fine even on 1440p, which would be most people's preferred High-end, and no sweat on 1080p, which is everybody's normal standard. (Lower resolution stand no chance)

Just consider the number PCPartPicker suggest, for NVidia build, even with SLI and overclocked, this is quite much more enough (as far as I know)

WHY NOT: Games are coming in DVD and not in Bluray yet (retails), unless you watch Bluray on your computer, it will sit there collecting dust, use DVD Drive instead, if only for installing OS, a USB works wonder!

WHY NOT: IT'S WINDOWS 8-.... Nevermind, it's good for me since I'm using it and have no problems, better performance than 7, a little tweak here and there to get it to look like 7, though, all free, though!

WHY NOT: This is just preference, but you can find similar or better quality for a better price

WHY NOT: Same as above, it's all preferences

Note: This is purely my opinion based on what I know.

I have never used UEFI bios, I have never over clocked anything but I want to and I don't know what's needed and what's not. Before I go paying a fortune on something, it seemed like a good idea to understand whats going on. So I'm in the special needs tutor phase eventually I'll understand and laugh at myself for thinking I needed something so ridiculous.

No, my last console was a PS1 and my current computer is 10 years old. I have been interested in upgrading when building my own was brought up, something I had never considered before. I have been watch Linus on youtube learning how to build a computer. I have to sort through all this information, I never cared about before, in order not to do something stupid like buying this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KM32zy when it's not needed. I really don't know much about computers. I'm not stupid, just ignorant. I have never purchased a graphics card in my life.

Look, what you need to do is see what you want to use the pc for, set a budget, and then see what you can come up with. It's easy to say you want the best of the best because it's the best but that may not be what you need. What you want is a balanced build that delivers the best performance for how much you want to spend. If you don't do that you'll just keep spending and never be happy.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Does Gigabyte Z97 have UEFI bios and overclock features? I watched a review on Asus x99 and to overclock you just had to push one button and I was like that's so easy I could do it! I'm gonna look for reviews on this mother board.

I know the k stands for unlocked and highly overclockable what does the x mean?

Does Gigabyte Z97 have UEFI bios and overclock features? I watched a review on Asus x99 and to overclock you just had to push one button and I was like that's so easy I could do it! I'm gonna look for reviews on this mother board.

every z97 board can overclock. and most if not all new motherboards have UEFI now.

I know the k stands for unlocked and highly overclockable what does the x mean?

extreme

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KM32zy

This is what I think would run games the best. I know it's overkill I want overkill. I want my computer to play games without struggle. I don't understand what graphics card can play what games, I don't know where the line is drawn on what's needed recommended and ridiculous. I want best performance in games possible. Help me to understand why this build is bad because I'm sure it is.

It isn't over kill. It's just crap.. Mediocre choice of hardware. Faith in humanity gone forever.

That is an attraction scam.

Why this build is bad?

1. CPU - Gaming RARELY uses 4 cores, let alone 6

2. Spending a 30$ cooler on a 1000$ CPU, really?

3. 64GB - Having all ram slots occupied, while increasing the speed, contributes NOTHING to gaming experience

4. Storage - 600$ for storage is too much

5. GPU: You know something funny? I can SLI 2 970s for 600$ and I guarantee that will actually beat this 3000$ Titan Z in gaming performance

I feel like OP is trolling.

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan Z 12GB Video Card

WHY NOT: Price-per-performance, not worth it in anyway, let's face that the Titans are merely professional (Quadro-like) cards that are marketed for gaming for no reason. A 980 would do perfectly fine even on 1440p, which would be most people's preferred High-end, and no sweat on 1080p, which is everybody's normal standard. (Lower resolution stand no chance)

Just consider the number PCPartPicker suggest, for NVidia build, even with SLI and overclocked, this is quite much more enough (as far as I know)

WHY NOT: Games are coming in DVD and not in Bluray yet (retails), unless you watch Bluray on your computer, it will sit there collecting dust, use DVD Drive instead, if only for installing OS, a USB works wonder!

Note: This is purely my opinion based on what I know.

I believe that in order to overclock something i have to have a higher psu than partspicker shows, but i dunno how much more.

I do want to watch HD movies on my new computer.

I don't understand why you said lower resolutions than 1080p stands no chance? If I built a computer with these specs http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KZzKNG would the fps be higher on 1080p vs 1440p?

What is trolling I'm sorry if I keep doing that. I'm not trying to argue or start fights. If that's what it is.

If asking questions to people who know all about computer gaming is trolling where should I be posting my questions am I posting these questions in the wrong area? I'm new to forums.

I'm sorry but i'm giving up. The stuff you chose in your build is not good and overpriced for gaming. If you want a beast PC that can play games for a long time buy what AlwaysFSX made for you, and maybe change the videocards to one 980. that's it, you don't need more explanations since you obviously don't understand how computers work. I hope this helped.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

What is trolling I'm sorry if I keep doing that. I'm not trying to argue or start fights. If that's what it is.

If you want overkill either look at Linus ultimate build guide or ask jayztwocents on twitter what his build is.

As for your build if you want X99 fine but get rid of the 64gb of ram and go for 32gb and go for a custom waterloop

Go for a 290X2 and go for a bluray burner along with a better keyboard mouse case and monitor.

What you picked will last a while but they're are better options for cheaper.

Here's my dream PC:

http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/custom-built-boutiaue-dream-gaming-pc-uk-thebear

I'm sorry but i'm giving up. The stuff you chose in your build is not good and overpriced for gaming. If you want a beast PC that can play games for a long time buy what AlwaysFSX made for you, and maybe change the videocards to one 980. that's it, you don't need more explanations since you obviously don't understand how computers work. I hope this helped.

I don't want you to give up. But thank you I fully believe that the build AlwaysFSX made is great. Your right I really don't know anything about computers. If I got the 980 are there any games currently that would not play on high settings? Can someone explain what this builds limits are?

I don't want you to give up. But thank you I fully believe that the build AlwaysFSX made is great. Your right I really don't know anything about computers. If I got the 980 are there any games currently that would not play on high settings? Can someone explain what this builds limits are?

Hmmmm, that's a good question. I don't know any game that wouldn't run smoothly on max settings in 1080p, and they will probably still run smoothly on 1440p.

The only game I know that you have to put the texture setting on high instead of ultra is Shadow of Mordor, but that's just because they optimised it badly for PC, but still that game looks great anyways.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

really?

7. please get a better case..

I want a plain looking case I care more about what's on the screen then the box next to the screen. Why is the arc midi a poor choice, what would you suggest?