Bill Gates loves NFC payments - Gives Apple Pay as an example

Builder

I agree that it's better and safer, but it's not enough to call it something completely new. That's all I'm saying. It's an improvement, and a logical improvement. However, many other things don't store CC info. It shouldn't be something that can be patented, but it is, so nobody else will be able to do it. That changes it from a true innovation into a selling point. 

It holds the industry back because a lot of places will only support Apple Pay and ignore other NFC payment methods. That doesn't benefit anyone but Apple.

You've pulled it on me before, even though I'm actually capable of a flexible opinion, unlike you. You're just always right and see that Apple does nothing wrong ever because they are literally perfection. How is somebody like that worth my time?

Yeah, patenting your novel innovation makes it no longer novel. That's apparently how the world works.

You don't understand how Apple Pay works at all. You don't have to support specifically Apple Pay. Any place with NFC payments enabled will work for credit card payments.

I've never said they're literally perfection. Do I seriously need to make a list of the things I believe they need to improve on so you people will stop pulling that one on me?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I agree that it's better and safer, but it's not enough to call it something completely new. That's all I'm saying. It's an improvement, and a logical improvement. However, many other things don't store CC info. It shouldn't be something that can be patented, but it is, so nobody else will be able to do it. That changes it from a true innovation into a selling point. 

It holds the industry back because a lot of places will only support Apple Pay and ignore other NFC payment methods. That doesn't benefit anyone but Apple.

Nope, not true. It's one way of implementing the idea. That can be patented. Any other ways of doing the same or similar things, anyone can do it. If anything Apple is innovating because other companies are likely to follow suit making more people's information safer because of the step that Apple took.

I've never said they're literally perfection. Do I seriously need to make a list of the things I believe they need to improve on so you people will stop pulling that one on me?

Probably..

That's a list I would like to see.

-snip-

Dude come down, no need fr all that hate.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Probably..

That's a list I would like to see.

It's going to take a while. (contrary to popular belief it's not a short list)

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's going to take a while. (contrary to popular belief it's not a short list)

You mean it doesn't just say "Apple" on it? :o

/s

Kind of off topic but I actually know 2 guys that are Ex-Navy SEAL's who are currently on his private security force

i don't know if he loves Apple Pay.., I think he just likes and appreciates what Apple Pay is gonna do (bring NFC payments to critical mass in the US)

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

http://www.cnet.com/news/bill-gates-apple-pay-is-fantastic/

So apparently Bill Gates who famously would give his kids the Microsoft equivalents of the Apple products they asked for for Christmas thinks Apple Pay is an extremely valuable contribution to the industry. 

Certainly interesting given that he was their fiercest competitor for such a long time.

You really didn't even watch the interview.

It starts at 7:04 but I suggest you watch the whole thing.

He never says he loves apple pay. Basically he thinks that Apple Pay is going to help get the ball rolling and is a good contribution to making purchases easier, safer. He says that in all the platforms, whether it's Apples, Googles or Microsoft we will see this built in, that it's built on the industry standard NFC and Apple is going to help get it to critical mass for ALL Devices.

The getting it to critical mass is the most significant part to me. Basically, Bill thinks it's a good contribution and it's going to help get these kinds of payment used for all devices and it will help make things easier and safer.

I would love if you changed your "click bait" title. Yes, it goes along with that article but that article title is also click bait.

Or put in the correct information about the interview about how it was for finances and Bill's work and concerns. Plus the real info about what he ACTUALLY said and meant.

AT LEAST put the video into your post.

He never says he loves apple pay. Basically he thinks that Apple Pay is going to help get the ball rolling and is a good contribution to making purchases easier, safer. He says that in all the platforms, whether it's Apples, Googles or Microsoft we will see this built in, that it's built on the industry standard NFC and Apple is going to help get it to critical mass for ALL Devices.

The getting it to critical mass is the most significant part to me. Basically, Bill thinks it's a good contribution and it's going to help get these kinds of payment used for all devices and it will help make things easier and safer.

I would love if you changed your "click bait" title. Yes, it goes along with that article but that article title is also click bait.

Or put in the correct information about the interview about how it was for finances and Bill's work and concerns. Plus the real info about what he ACTUALLY said and meant.

AT LEAST put the video into your post.

I don't believe I deny anything you said here in the OP. I did watch the interview. Bill Gates Loves NFC doesn't mean anything. 

Besides which him seeing it getting the ball rolling IS liking it. He does love it because it will get the ball rolling. That's the point. I realize he loves NFC too but this was in the context of Apple Pay.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I realize he loves NFC too but this was in the context of Apple Pay.

No actually he was talking about how he loves NFC payments and used Apple pay as an example, and then talked about how it is on other platforms as well. Think of it this way, imagine if he had said "I think hatchbacks are great. I think they are good because of X and Y and Z. I really like hatchbacks such as the Golf", and then what you picked out from that interview was "Bill Gates loves the Golf". You're cherry picking a lot.

I think a more suitable title would be something along the lines of "Bill Gates loves NFC payments - Gives Apple Pay as an example", not "Bill Gates loves Apple Pay".

No actually he was talking about how he loves NFC payments and used Apple pay as an example, and then talked about how it is on other platforms as well. Think of it this way, imagine if he had said "I think hatchbacks are great. I think they are good because of X and Y and Z. I really like hatchbacks such as the Golf", and then what you picked out from that interview was "Bill Gates loves the Golf". You're cherry picking a lot.

I think a more suitable title would be something along the lines of "Bill Gates loves NFC payments - Gives Apple Pay as an example", not "Bill Gates loves Apple Pay".

Fine. I'll change the title. It doesn't surprise me that people are angry over it but really...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

guys calm down, apple pay is just paypal on NFC,  We already have that in Australia.

http://nfctimes.com/tags/national-australia-bank

We can even send payments via facebook contacts using similar apps.

http://www.nab.com.au/static/mobile/flik/fbapp.html

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

guys calm down, apple pay is just paypal on NFC,  We already have that in Australia.

http://nfctimes.com/tags/national-australia-bank

It's not PayPal. They were going to cut a deal with PayPal but then PayPal made a deal with Samsung a few days later and well...I think we can all see where that went.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's not PayPal. They were going to cut a deal with PayPal but then PayPal made a deal with Samsung a few days later and well...I think we can all see where that went.

Sorry, I should have said it's just like paypal.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well it is another thing for MIcrosoft to rip off from Apple. So why wouldn't he. :P

Have you ever watched the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs interview? Microsoft still makes pretty much all of each Apple OS versions applications. Microsoft have a dedicated Apple team to this day. They also made the operating system that made Apple a home name.

Although, they did use that to springboard into their own OS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Have you ever watched the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs interview? Microsoft still makes pretty much all of each Apple OS version applications. They also made the operating system that made Apple a home name.

What are you smoking brah?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Have you ever watched the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs interview? Microsoft still makes pretty much all of each Apple OS versions applications. Microsoft have a dedicated Apple team to this day. They also made the operating system that made Apple a home name.

Although, they did use that to springboard into their own OS

That was a reference to a scandal where Microsoft stole certain elements from Apples OS being used on the Lisa project and the Mac. Learn your tech history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Computer,_Inc._v._Microsoft_Corp.

That was a reference to a scandal where Microsoft stole certain elements from Apples OS being used on the Lisa project and the Mac. Learn your tech history...

Yeah Microsoft stole tons of shit. They did end up paying for it though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

In all the possible ways you could reference Microsoft ripping off Apple I was supposed to know it was that specific one?

I was simply providing reference that's it's not always Microsoft following from Apple

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

What's up with all the MS bashing in this thread regarding MS and Apple.

Both have their quirks and fits every so often, but every once in a while, they do work together to keep each other 'alive', now how do I know this? Read this:http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-202143.html

Yes, I just dug up an article from 1997. Read it, become more educated.

This was a double edged sword. IE for OS X anyone? But it technically, it was also a 'bailout' of sorts.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Yeah Microsoft stole tons of shit. They did end up paying for it though.

It's gone both ways. The whole graphic interface was taken from xerox. History is fun. Good artists copy, Great artists steal.

It's gone both ways. The whole graphic interface was taken from xerox. History is fun. Good artists copy, Great artists steal.

Quoting W.H. Davenport Adams I see.

The graphic interface was not "taken" from Xerox. Steve Jobs was invited to PARC in exchange for pre-IPO Apple stock. Nothing was taken from Xerox.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So apparently Bill Gates who famously would give his kids the Microsoft equivalents of the Apple products they asked for for Christmas thinks Apple Pay is an extremely valuable contribution to the industry.

Certainly interesting given that he was their fiercest competitor for such a long time.

This sounds to me very misleading to what he actually said. First, which idk if this happened but possibly, you're saying Bill always never bought apple products for his kids which makes it sound like he never liked or wanted apple products even in his family. Then you say that bill thinks Apple pay is a extremely valuable contribution to the industry. This gives an interpretation that he has always refused apple products and thought they weren't that great but now with apple pay he thinks its amazing. You even say "Certainly interesting given that he was their fiercest competitor for such a long time" which it sounds like you're saying because he has some products from his company competing that he thinks apple products suck or never made good contributions to the industry.

That's what I get from what you said. This to me is very misleading. At least I would like for you to put the video into you're original post so people can hear what he actually said to get their own interpretation(just copy paste the link).

That's what I get from what you said. This to me is very misleading. At least I would like for you to put the video into you're original post so people can hear what he actually said to get their own interpretation.

Christ I changed the title...now this? 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Christ I changed the title...now this? 

dude, you never win one in here, its getting very silly xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here