Bill Gates loves NFC payments - Gives Apple Pay as an example

Builder

Quoting W.H. Davenport Adams I see.

The graphic interface was not "taken" from Xerox. Steve Jobs was invited to PARC in exchange for pre-IPO Apple stock. Nothing was taken from Xerox.

I'm not saying that broke into xerox at night and stole their tech. The idiot top level people at xerox (their kinda idiots because they just gave away a huge product that could have made them billions (then again would they have done anything with it)) let then have access to the project of their graphical interface. Apple took what they had and made their own. Then MS took that and made their own.

Christ I changed the title...now this?

I didn't know you changed it already. I would suggest you just put the video in. You don't have to change what you wrote. I would just like the raw information in there somewhere so readers can see for themselves.

For the title i would have simply not used "Loves" and put appreciates. Bill Gates appreciates Apple Pay

I'm not saying that broke into xerox at night and stole their tech. The idiot top level people at xerox (their kinda idiots because they just gave away a huge product that could have made them billions (then again would they have done anything with it)) let then have full access to the project of their graphical interface. Apple took what they had and made their own. Then MS took that and made their own.

My professor once described Xerox PARC as "being run by scientists and scholars, not businessmen" and I think there is a lot of truth to that.

They have made and helped create a lot of great technologies, but failed to profit from most of them. Ethernet, the GUI, Object-oriented programming, laser printer, one of the first PCs, copy and paste, the foundation of the unicode standard and probably many more things I can't remember.

My professor once described Xerox PARC as "being run by scientists and scholars, not businessmen" and I think there is a lot of truth to that.

They have made and helped create a lot of great technologies, but failed to profit from most of them. Ethernet, the GUI, Object-oriented programming, laser printer, one of the first PCs, copy and paste, the foundation of the unicode standard and probably many more things I can't remember.

You're exactly right. Xerox is awesome just never really knew how to profit off of their discoveries.

I'm not saying that broke into xerox at night and stole their tech. The idiot top level people at xerox (their kinda idiots because they just gave away a huge product that could have made them billions (then again would they have done anything with it)) let then have full access to the project of their graphical interface. Apple took what they had and made their own. Then MS took that and made their own.

You're getting this from The Pirates of Silicon Valley, right? John Seely who was the director of PARC at the time thought it was a mutual exchange. http://www.mac-history.net/computer-history/2012-03-22/apple-and-xerox-parc

I didn't know you changed it already. I would suggest you just put the video in. You don't have to change what you wrote. I would just like the raw information in there somewhere so readers can see for themselves.

For the title i would have simply not used "Loves" and put appreciates. Bill Gates appreciates Apple Pay

FIIIIIIIINE...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You're getting this from The Pirates of Silicon Valley, right? John Seely who was the director of PARC at the time thought it was a mutual exchange. http://www.mac-history.net/computer-history/2012-03-22/apple-and-xerox-parc

Actually, from interviews. I have seen that movie to yes. There was that scene where that lady didn't want to give Apple their product and that's actually true. She was forced to hand it over to them. That movie actually did the research to show at least what kind of stuff was going on. I've watched a lot of interviews though. You are correct as well. It was mutual. Tech is shared, copied, stolen, bought, and used every which way. It's in every industry and every company does it. Very few times is a product originated from original thoughts. It's usually at least inspired by something else.

Actually, from interviews. I have seen that movie to yes. There was that scene where that lady didn't want to give Apple their product and that's actually true. She was forced to hand it over to them. That movie actually did the research to show at least what kind of stuff was going on. I've watched a lot of interviews though. You are correct as well. It was mutual. Tech is shared, copied, stolen, bought, and used every which way. It's in every industry and every company does it. Very few times is a product originated from original thoughts. It's usually at least inspired by something else.

If you read the article I posted I think you'll have a more full picture of the situation.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If you read the article I posted I think you'll have a more full picture of the situation.

You're right, it did give me a fuller picture of the situation. I described things very vaguely and thanks for the read. The of course didn't show everything how it happened of course but they did a decent job and trying to show what was going on.