Shadow of Mordor 6GB Vram?

MPX309

Sorry I know this might be old to some of you, but I've seen comments about the place on social media and they're mostly opinions so trying to get a definitive answer here

is the 6GB Vram only required for 4k or 1080p?

thanks

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

It's required for the optional super ultra texture pack

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

It's required for the optional super ultra texture pack

although itll actually still work on 4gb

although itll actually still work on 4gb

Correction then: It's highly recommended

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

It's not required you can play it fine even with a 1GB GPU, but it's on the recommended settings and it is a requirement if you want to enjoy the full blown game.

My take on it? Don't but unoptimized hardware made by monkeys, it's not a game that is so great you need the latest hardware to run it, there are better looking games that don't need that much hardware. Force companies to make competitive products using your most powerful tool, your pocket; every consumer should draw a line and put the company in place by not making them earn a cent; just like some of us are doing with guys like Ubisoft and EA. But I know we are far from having an educated consuming society.

From what i've read, you can run on Ultra with 3GB of vram, but not using the ultra resolution texture pack, which is an external install i think. Visually the texture pack doesn't warrant the tax it puts on your fps. It's barely noticeable unless you wanna stop and look at every texture up close. Personally i'd rather just play the game.

In short, it's another piss poor attempt at PC optimization.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

From what i've read, you can run on Ultra with 3GB of vram, but not using the ultra resolution texture pack, which is an external install i think. Visually the texture pack doesn't warrant the tax it puts on your fps. It's barely noticeable unless you wanna stop and look at every texture up close. Personally i'd rather just play the game.

In short, it's another piss poor attempt at PC optimization.

its not that bad

its not that bad

Still could perform so much better.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

with a 780 with 3gb of vram, high textures work great, and ultra textures also work OK, but a bit sluggish when getting to new areas or turning around quickly,it does fill the vram. (@1080p)

so if u want a smooth experience on ultra u probably need a titan or another card with 6gb.

don't worry there's almost no diffrence graphically between high textures and ultra, and also the port is pretty good.

My take on it? Don't but unoptimized hardware made by monkeys, it's not a game that is so great you need the latest hardware to run it, there are better looking games that don't need that much hardware.

i wouldn't put it in the watchdogs category of unoptimized games. I think they've done a decent job.

i wouldn't put it in the watchdogs category of unoptimized games. I think they've done a decent job.

If any, I have read complaints about it. They did make it look decent enough on the consoles, but on PC the hardware requirements make it a joke.

How did they do a decent job? I only found out people having all sort of issues regarding how the game works, they have set the bar pretty high regarding what you need under the hood to play and as I said before, there are better looking games out there that don't even need half the Vram to play.

I compared the Ultra and high textures myself, I didn't notice a difference in the area I was in. Unless it doesn't turn on unless you actually have 6GB VRAM? My performance was the same and it looked no different. Yes, I did have it installed.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

cool. . . I'm not really an ultra diva, I just put my settings to whatever locks in 60. .  I shall pick it up once I complete 2033

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I compared the Ultra and high textures myself, I didn't notice a difference in the area I was in. Unless it doesn't turn on unless you actually have 6GB VRAM? My performance was the same and it looked no different. Yes, I did have it installed.

Did your framerate change at all between Ultra and High textures?

I too was worried my rig couldn't handle this game.

Guess what... With an i5-4590 and a 2gb 270x. I was able to run the game on very high. It runs smooth. I get abt 45fps on average. Sometimes a bit lower and sometimes higher but never unplayable or distracting. I could even step it up to Ultra but I don't noticeably much of a difference. Slight fps drop but again nothing too bad.

It's a good game with over inflated spec requirements.

But that's just me. Anything hitting high 30 fps is good for me and very playable and enjoyable

But where did you checked them out, on bigger screens you can notice a big difference, 1080 in 23 inch is not the same as 1080 in 50 inch.

http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.

Even set to Ultra it says its going to use High 'but stay labelled as Ultra' if the HD content isn't installed.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

CAN SOMEONE TEST THIS!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2181377&p=39#r768

"Just a quick note for SLI users who are keen to get both GPU's in play.

The F.E.A.R 3 profile works perfectly well for this game. I'm having both cards work at above 90% and the improvement is massive. It uses the cards very well (no idea why it was not sorted prior to release.... given its such a simple change).

Use NVidia inspector to create a new profile for shadowofmordor.exe (think that was it's name under the games x64 directory) and set the SLi bits to the FEAR3 profile.

With 2x GTX680's I'm now running on high/ultra for most settings at about 60FPS on a 1440p screen.

I use g-sync so can't give a direct opinion on how smooth it will be for most.

From the steam community website:

1)GO to Nvidia Inspector
2) Select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
3)Than go to Add application to current profile than brower and select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.exe.
4) Last and final select Fear 3 on SLI bits Compatibility bits(Dx1x) and than hit apply."

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have a 2gb card. Not gonna try that I think.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

tried ultra settings/textures with my 290, but there are uncommon moments where fps takes huge drops due to vram limit. (caused by moving/looking around real fast)

playing with high textures/ultra settings now with no issues at all