Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

If the problem occurs again I'll try it. It is a strange problem though, as the display doesn't lose the signal it just goes black.

I forget if it's in Power, Sleep, or BIOS settings, but there is a setting that determines which method the computer uses to turn off your monitor for Sleep. Try changing it. Especially if it's currently on something like "Blank Display".

Apparently Build 9860 which could be the next one coming out for the preview release, will have new animations.

The new animations is like when you minimize/restore app on Windows Vista/7/8, but applied like when you open and close a window, and not the appear animation.

It could be designed to help novice users understand better what is going on the screen if they fall with a situation with lots of windows open.

(Sorry, no video)

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-new-animations-for-opening-windows-in-build-986x

Hi!

I updated the Virus database on windows update in my Windows 10 and it broke my Windows Defender RealTime protection somehow

i took 2 screenshots wich are in portuguese i will translate then

The first one shows the error and says.

"It was not possible to turn on the real time protection"

"The time limit of the operation has expired"

"Click Help to obtain more info about the error"

The Second one says

"Real time protection. (X) Not Avaible"

"Spyware and Virus definitions: Up-to-date"

The Error shows up everytime i try to click Activate.

Had someone here run through this same problem?

post-73347-0-62520700-1413895137_thumb.p

post-73347-0-87160800-1413895148_thumb.p

just booted to the new 9860 build and 2 things i first noted immediately 1) the new animation need a lot polish right now i find them weird 2) the destroyed the start menu, can't be resized and its stuck in the smallest possible size which removes pinned programs and the menus, this annoys me a lot because i pinned everything in there to not have desktop shortcuts to have a cleaner desktop, but until the fix this is a pain in the arse to use :(

zwNiEiN.png

Edit: the second point was fixed when the pc rebooted again

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Apparently Build 9860 which could be the next one coming out for the preview release, will have new animations.

The new animations is like when you minimize/restore app on Windows Vista/7/8, but applied like when you open and close a window, and not the appear animation.

It could be designed to help novice users understand better what is going on the screen if they fall with a situation with lots of windows open.

(Sorry, no video)

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-new-animations-for-opening-windows-in-build-986x

Does anyone know if the guest additions for oracle virtualbox have been updated for Windows 10 and where i can get a copy of them?

Is there any kinda progress bar or something to track the progress of the download? it seems top be taking quite a while...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Is there any kinda progress bar or something to track the progress of the download? it seems top be taking quite a while...

Isn't it an FTP or HTTP based download? If so, it'd depend on your file transfer client or browser.

No there is not, you have to wait. You cant' close PC Setting either, or navigate somewhere else, once it's done downloading it, you'll see a button to install it.

Ya it finished 5/10 min after I posted lol just found it odd and was wondering if it was just sitting there doing nothing. Seems it fixed SLI issues...so im happy

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Is there any way to make the aspect ratio 16:9 in VirtualBox? Idk I just don't like 4:3

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

bleh, nvidia control panal is still screwy...

System Specs

constant constant crashes not even in a VM

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How did they think the new way to connect to Wi-Fi (in the new build) is more practical? 

I have it installed on a physical WD black, and I'm trying to use it for everything. Up to now I've noticed some sluggish performance of explorer (not so much the search functionality, but the graphical aspect), but most importantly a significant performance increase in videogames and a much less aggressive use of ram.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Um, I'm not the best with virtual machines but Vmware tools installed fine on Windows 10.  Virtualbox tools or whatever didn't install, I tried compatibility mode but it didn't work.  (Probably should never install drivers in compatibility mode anyways) 

does anyone know if windows 10 has better text scaling for 1440p or 4k than 8.1?

does anyone know if windows 10 has better text scaling for 1440p or 4k than 8.1?

It was supposed to, but I don't have a such screen myself.

what antivirus are people running? Avast doesnt wan to run and avg keeps telling me to restart to update every couple of hours, is anyone having any success with another antivirus?

what antivirus are people running? Avast doesnt wan to run and avg keeps telling me to restart to update every couple of hours, is anyone having any success with another antivirus?

I'm not having any issues running avast

I am using Windows Defender (aka: Security Essentials). Don't need anything more.

I'm using WD/MSE, but you could use no AV and "have no issues".

It makes me a little nervous, but the worst thing I do is watch TV shows on some less than perfectly legitimate websites, and I figure that's not enough to worry about selling me out for. If it were to be this way on the final version of the OS, that would be a much bigger deal to me, but being it is a developer preview, I can see why they did it, though I wish they would have built in a way to turn it off, or that someone will find a way to do it manually.

If Microsoft wants to see what nasty shit I wank it to, then that's up to them. Not like they're gonna publish that on their Tumblr.

If Microsoft wants to see what nasty shit I wank it to, then that's up to them. Not like they're gonna publish that on their Tumblr.

News! news! Microsoft is launching a tumblr account where they post pictures of people wanking off.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz