SMS Self Destructing SSDs UPDATE: Pricing and Availability

werto165
UPDATE: Pricing has been announced Autothysis128t will cost £1,027.00(Price includes 1 year GSM subscription. £29 per year there after) and the cheaper option is £967.00(doesn't include a touch screen)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

big deal, OCZ mastered self destructing drives years ago.

Ive had my OCZ vertex 4 for 3 yrs now never had any problems with it plus guarntee probably beat the speeds of most ssd's out there ;)

OMG, I hope comcast buys into these, and some hacker group gets ahold of the numbers and fucks their shit up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Geeze just put a Faraday cage over it and you can't break jack @#$#.

Somehow I dont think you read the article did you?

If you did then you would have seen that the drive will self-destruct even in the event of no GSM signal from the sender after the "starvation" period.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Ive had my OCZ vertex 4 for 3 yrs now never had any problems with it plus guarntee probably beat the speeds of most ssd's out there ;)

Of course you have, I also have a vertex 3 that is running quite fine. However there was a mass of complaints about the vertex2 and agility2 drives. People were complaining about everything from the drive dying suddenly to progressive loss of speed and capacity over a short period of time.     I believe it had something to do with early versions of the sandforce or the move from 34nm to 25nm tech.

It appears OCZ (or Toshiba now) have deleted the thread from their forums (it is old news after all) but this thread still exists. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1586111

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What does the drive do to physically destroy the chips? Is it a small explosive?

I wonder how much one of these costs, also, does it self destruct if it is plugged into a new computer? 

I think they way that it does it as the ssd has a micro controller that has a battery that constantly scans the text messages for the predefined keyword from a predefined number then when the ssd detects this is will destroy the nand.

Hackers' last resort

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Very interesting, I wonder what is the subscription for? The remote that kills the drive?

Very interesting, I wonder what is the subscription for? The remote that kills the drive?

The subscription is for the GSM connection. It has a built in GSM antenna that allows the remote destruction to communicate. The drive comes with a year included, but after that you need to subscribe to continue to have the drive connected to the GSM network (I imagine it'll roam on any GSM Mobile network automatically).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wow, it's like something out of a mission impossible movie! I hope it goes poof with a little cloud of black smoke :3. Cool idea, though, will save those silly government officials who leave their laptops lying about on the underground  ^_^

The subscription is for the GSM connection. It has a built in GSM antenna that allows the remote destruction to communicate. The drive comes with a year included, but after that you need to subscribe to continue to have the drive connected to the GSM network (I imagine it'll roam on any GSM Mobile network automatically).

I see... This will be cool... The limitation is that there is only 128GB version and the price. Can't wait to see how the NSA and military intelligence unit throughout the world react to this

That price is straight up insane! It is really cool tech though and is definitely worth it to the right kind of person.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I see... This will be cool... The limitation is that there is only 128GB version and the price. Can't wait to see how the NSA and military intelligence unit throughout the world react to this

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if those two organizations become their biggest customers. Especially for overseas and/or deep cover operatives that are intelligence assets.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if those two organizations become their biggest customers. Especially for overseas and/or deep cover operatives that are intelligence assets.

I could convince our lab to go for these in all honesty. 

Patient files are pretty important, locking them down is important, laptops do go missing (and the fines are massive). This would be peace of mind to nuke a drive that has sensitive patient data AND confidential/copyrighted research material.