G-Sync has a big flaw that nobody is talking about

Sexy Vanilla Freshness

At a 120 or 144 Hz the amount of stutter is negligible.

It's subjective, a lot of people are fine with vsync. It also isn't stutter, it's I/O input delay, stutter is what happens when vsync alters the locked framerate.

It's subjective, a lot of people are fine with vsync. It also isn't stutter, it's I/O input delay, stutter is what happens when vsync alters the locked framerate.

It's a delay which causes a stutter in your action.

How is this even a problem. You can just turn off G-sync whenever you are playing something at that high a frame rate. What a non-issue.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So you'd be cool with playing a game on a monitor that became less responsive every time the refresh rate peaked?

what the fuck are you talking about? you do know that at >60FPS the input lag would be 16ms. that is less than a HDD access time... youre making a problem out of something that isnt one, just to fuel your trolling desire. stop quoting me. i wont respond. idiot...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Oh wow, a 4k monitor! Tell me, how are you going to run that above 60 fps?

The same way we now run 1440p above it, that wasn't a very intelligent comment as monitors tend to be kept for a lot longer than gpus and gpus keep getting faster.

The same way we now run 1440p above it, that wasn't a very intelligent comment as monitors tend to be kept for a lot longer than gpus and they keep getting faster.

Because your comment is intelligent. At the moment you'd have to blow a lot of cash on a 4k monitor, let alone the horse power to run it. By the time we get the power to run those above 60fps we'll have 120/144Hz 4k monitors.

So my point still stands.

Because your comment is intelligent. At the moment you'd have to blow a lot of cash on a 4k monitor, let alone the horse power to run it. By the time we get the power to run those above 60fps we'll have 120/144Hz 4k monitors.

So my point still stands.

Only if the user desires more than 60hz, a lot of console and PC users consider 30fps to be playable.

So turn the details up and make the game run under 60? Still a non-issue.

This has become circular, we are back at the point of there being inconsistency in responsiveness due to the peaks in framerate that will exceed the refresh rate.

I'm going to stop replying to you now.

When I have my graphics card installed I use Vsync an notice no latency or lag, when I turn Vsync on with only using my iGPU I see latency and choppiness. Explain.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When I have my graphics card installed I use Vsync an notice no latency or lag, when I turn Vsync on with only using my iGPU I see latency and choppiness. Explain.

Not everyone notices/cares about the amount of latency introduced by vsync.

However I've also seen you post that you use a TV as a monitor, so you're probably not going to notice the relatively minimal addition in latency caused by vsync over the likely already very slow processor in the TV.

This has become circular, we are back at the point of there being inconsistency in responsiveness due to the peaks in framerate that will exceed the refresh rate.

I'm going to stop replying to you now.

It's circular because you're trying to complain about something that has no basis.

Not everyone notices/cares about the amount of latency introduced by vsync.

However I've also seen you post that you use a TV as a monitor, so you're probably not going to notice the relatively minimal addition in latency caused by vsync over the likely already very slow processor in the TV.

Very true, my TV is locked at 60hz. However the issue is that when I use Vsync and triple buffering on my gtx660 (which is on it's way back to me via UPS from EVGA) I see no stutter or lag, and I do use KBM. When I turned Vsync and triple buffering on with the iGPU it becomes horribly unplayable, this isn't so with the gtx 660, I don't understand why. If I don't turn it on with the 660 I see alot of tearing.

I just ask because I want to get a true 1080 144hz monitor, and I don't want to have it be all shitty, and feel like I wasted my money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is hardly news, this has been stated repeatedly ever since the announcement of G-SYNC last year hence why the ONLY monitors that make sense with this technology are 120hz+. AFAIK there is only one 60hz G-SYNC monitor coming out and that would be the Acer 4K monitor and thats it. If you dislike how GSYNC handles when the monitor is pegged at its refresh then that's your own opinion. Also even if you will get the additional lag you would get with vsync at least you would not experience any kind of stutter, or tears which are the biggest issues with vsync. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

This is no real news:

lag-csgo.png

It will be interesting to see how Adaptive Sync will tackle this issue. I believe we will start having graphics card drivers, set an fps max in games, that does not exceed max hz on the monitor, or games might get that as a setting in the future. I think the first makes the most sense.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

yiks way to kill the mood, as a very competitive gamer this is a complete deal beaker.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I've spent about 4 days with the Rog Swift from Asus (144hz, Gsync, 1440p). Running a single 980 for now (second on the way). I've tried a bunch of first person shooters (BF3, BF4, Crysis 3, Crysis 2, Wolfenstien, etc...) and I've not had a single issue with input lag. Everything is liquid smooth and the mouse feels like I have vsync off. The experience has been nothing but positive.

Gsync was made to work at variable frame rates. If you're already maxing out your non-gsync 60hz monitor and switch to a gsync 60hz monitor at the same resolution, it's completely useless. A 4k 60hz gsync monitor would make much more sense than a 1080p 60hz gsync monitor since you'll be hovering around 30 to 50fps at such a high resolution (depending on quality settings and video cards).

I don't have another gsync monitor to compare it to but the Asus Rog Swift is a crazy monitor and I don't regret forking over a wheel-barrel full of cash for it. Not for a second.

Ummm... THIS IS NOT NEWS.

its been moved

and its information that people should be aware of at least

I thought one of the main selling points was that g-sync completely removed input lag?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719