IOS 8.0.2 security flaw allows to bypass the passcode easily

qwertywarrior

iphone suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

*enables encryption by default* *lock screen can be bypassed easily* fss Apple pick a side will ya...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Wasn't the 8.0.1 update supposed to fix this?

yeah but what fixes that?

nevermind found it

throwotherphone.gif

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Making lock screens is hard apparently... for Apple.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

THIS BYPASS HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE IOS 6. The onley news here is that Apple hasn't disabled it yet.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

UdTfs.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And that's why Woz is a legend. Honestly, he's probably my computing hero with what he's done in the past.

Agreed! He wanted to do so much, for so many. Sadly his good nature would have meant his computer were never well known without Jobs.

It's suck a pity he ended up leaving Apple, and the industry in general. Even today his input would be welcome. just imagine if he kept designing systems to this day. :D

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

@Builder will soon come and explain why this is not really a problem

Ah. 

How do we know it didn't detect his thumbprint?

Not with Tim Cook there though.

I reckon Woz would be a big influence. He wouldn't have to do much, but basically be the "catalyst" for good quality, which is what Jobs was before, making sure almost no bad products were released.

And how many bad products have they released under his supervision?

woz mostly likely would not like the direction Apple is headed, but I don't know. He is long since gone and ,eft originally because of this. It would be interesting to see though.

But it could be worst, the CEO of a soft drink company could be running the show.

But Tim Cook is a great CEO. It's possible there's never before been a more effective supply chain manager in history. Under his watch, (get it?) Apple has opened up the functionality of iOS AND released a product that solves most of the problems a lot of Android users have with iOS.

But that's never good enough. You'll all have magical recollections of how when Steve Jobs was CEO they innovated every five minutes and never spat out a bad product. What about the HP iPod? Yes, that happened. MobileMe? That happened too. Hockey puck mouse? Yup. Magic mouse? (oh yeah, I went there) Yup. Even the 2011 MacBook Pro. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And how many bad products have they released under his supervision?

But Tim Cook is a great CEO. It's possible there's never before been a more effective supply chain manager in history. Under his watch, (get it?) Apple has opened up the functionality of iOS AND released a product that solves most of the problems a lot of Android users have with iOS.

But that's never good enough. You'll all have magical recollections of how when Steve Jobs was CEO they innovated every five minutes and never spat out a bad product. What about the HP iPod? Yes, that happened. MobileMe? That happened too. Hockey puck mouse? Yup. Magic mouse? (oh yeah, I went there) Yup. Even the 2011 MacBook Pro. 

How long has Cook been at the wheel vs Jobs now nearly as much time and Cook has had to do what Jobs had to do.  Not only did Jobs create the company, but re invented the wheel to save it from death - So he made ipod with HP and a strange mouses and iMacs but Cook has only had to continue to expanding on something Jobs started, the iPhone, the iPad and the Mac series.  He has yet to re invent the smartphone or anything else in Apple line up, he started with a company with so much power and money and a following who believes everything Apple makes should be perfect. That said I'm sure what Apple and with Tim Cook driving are working on new products that aren't ready yet as well. And most likely the Apple watch and the iPhone 6 are the beginning of the "COOK ERA". The launch for the iPhone 6/ios 8 has not been perfect, but to Apples credit the media has blown it up way out of portion (like they always do). 

Tim Cook is far from a bad CEO, but I don't believe he has what it will take to re-revolutionise the industry again, maybe the Apple watch will do something, but they aren't the first and frankly I'm not fond of smart watches anyway. Tim Cook was picked by Jobs to take over so clearly he is not all that bad. But I just think they are focused more on what it could be than what it is and stability. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

He has yet to re invent the smartphone or anything else in Apple line up, he started with a company with so much power and money and a following who believes everything Apple makes should be perfect. That said I'm sure what Apple and with Tim Cook driving are working on new products that aren't ready yet as well. And most likely the Apple watch and the iPhone 6 are the beginning of the "COOK ERA". The launch for the iPhone 6/ios 8 has not been perfect, but to Apples credit the media has blown it up way out of portion (like they always do). 

Tim Cook is far from a bad CEO, but I don't believe he has what it will take to re-revolutionise the industry again, maybe the Apple watch will do something, but they aren't the first and frankly I'm not fond of smart watches anyway. Tim Cook was picked by Jobs to take over so clearly he is not all that bad. But I just think they are focused more on what it could be than what it is and stability. 

First off, their following doesn't think everything they do is perfect. I don't.

No iPhone launch in a long time has been perfect, if it ever was. 3G had battery life issues, 4 had antenna gate, 5 had scuff gate, 5s had the Touch ID crack, and now this.

Secondly, the Apple Watch is not a smart watch. They never mention smart watch anywhere on their site. It's an independent computing platform that Apple hopes will someday largely replace the smartphone.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And that is why I'm still running vanilla 8

News Flash: You are still vulnerable.  (and so am I) :ph34r: 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

The Apple Watch is not a smart watch. They never mention smart watch anywhere on their site. It's an independent computing platform that Apple hopes will someday largely replace the smartphone.

Oh So if it is not a smart watch, then is it just a watch that just happens to have a SoC and a display that can interact with your phone in smart ways? okay.. okay...

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Oh So if it is not a smart watch, then is it just a watch that just happens to have a SoC and a display that can interact with your phone in smart ways? okay.. okay...

No, it doesn't have an SoC. It has a CoC, computer on a chip. It will most likely be modular so you can upgrade it yearly. It does a lot of stuff without your smartphone. The strategy is too complex to explain here but www.daringfireball.net has a good overview of it.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

First off, their following doesn't think everything they do is perfect. I don't.

No iPhone launch in a long time has been perfect, if it ever was. 3G had battery life issues, 4 had antenna gate, 5 had scuff gate, 5s had the Touch ID crack, and now this.

Secondly, the Apple Watch is not a smart watch. They never mention smart watch anywhere on their site. It's an independent computing platform that Apple hopes will someday largely replace the smartphone.

I dislike arguing I like discussion, so I ask of more questions rather than correct you and say you are wrong. 

I'm a follower and I don't think their stuff is perfect either but in general a lot of people without much knowledge of other devices do believe this, I hear a lot of people talk about how Macbooks are the best looking and have no flaws not sure about you. What is your experience with the general public in this sense, I don't want to know your thoughts on it again as you already stated them. 

I never said that there hasn't been any other tough,  imperfect launches you just decided that I said it, and I didn't even hint at it and I agreed that even Jobs made bad products, but you decided you wouldn't quote that part me that. 

Okay you started this one, How is the Apple Watch not a smartwatch?   I want to hear this from a Apple follower. 

No, it doesn't have an SoC. It has a CoC, computer on a chip. It will most likely be modular so you can upgrade it yearly. It does a lot of stuff without your smartphone. The strategy is too complex to explain here but www.daringfireball.net has a good overview of it.

Because it has a COC instead of SOC. What do you mean by modular- They didn't hint or say anything like that, so I assume its just an your own assumption not fact, do correct if I'm wrong. What does it the fact it can do stuff on its own have to do with not being a smartwatch? For example: a smartphone does stuff that without having to be connected to a phone network or attached to another device. The Apple watch has no headphone jack and not sure about speakers, so it is not entirely a independent system (again another reason but not the only reason)

If this is what you were reffering too? It was linked on the Daringfireball website 

Apple as a company doesn't like the term "smartwatch" and will not refer to the Apple Watch as such. They didn't call the iPhone a smartphone, and as far as they are concerned, it is a "watch" produced by Apple – hence the name. 

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/apple-watch-hands-on-review/

That is far from not being a smartwatch. The Apple watch would fit the criteria of other "smartwatches". This is Apples marketing trying to help convince a regular consumer that their product is different (which it is). As the with the iPhone "Its not a phone, its a iPhone" still is smartphone, I think you would hard pressed to find someone who believes otherwise except maybe yourself and Apple employees   Would you call a iMac a personal computer? 

IMO the if the Apple thinks the whole smart watch or "watch that can do a lot more than tell time" will replace the smartphone, then they have less hope than half the forum already thinks they have. I believe this because who wants to wear a bulky Inch and half by a inch and quarter touchscreen on their wrist instead of a phone? It seems clear people want larger screens not smaller more inconveniently placed screens. The Apple watch is an accessory in the same sense as a regular watch today is an accessory and not necessity. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Because it has a COC instead of SOC. What do you mean by modular- They didn't hint or say anything like that, so I assume its just an your own assumption not fact, do correct if I'm wrong. What does it the fact it can do stuff on its own have to do with not being a smartwatch? For example: a smartphone does stuff that without having to be connected to a phone network or attached to another device. The Apple watch has no headphone jack and not sure about speakers, so it is not entirely a independent system (again another reason but not the only reason) Calling it a module, the way it's isolated from the rest of the device in a separate metal case, the fact that nobody would spend $10000 on a solid gold watch only to pay that again every year. It's designed to eventually become an independent system.

That is far from not being a smartwatch. The Apple watch would fit the criteria of other "smartwatches". This is Apples marketing trying to help convince a regular consumer that their product is different (which it is). As the with the iPhone "Its not a phone, its a iPhone" still is smartphone, I think you would hard pressed to find someone who believes otherwise except maybe yourself and Apple employees   Would you call a iMac a personal computer? I would call an iMac a personal computer. It's a very different kind of PC but nonetheless still a PC. The Apple Watch has a much wider vision than Android Wear does and will already do more and be more when it launches. It's focused on design instead of features. The Moto 360 is the only other one that does that but it's not really a stellar device by any means.

IMO the if the Apple thinks the whole smart watch or "watch that can do a lot more than tell time" will replace the smartphone, then they have less hope than half the forum already thinks they have. I believe this because who wants to wear a bulky Inch and half by a inch and quarter touchscreen on their wrist instead of a phone? It seems clear people want larger screens not smaller more inconveniently placed screens. The Apple watch is an accessory in the same sense as a regular watch today is an accessory and not necessity. But you're just speculating here. Pre-iPad, I was reading articles in PCWorld all the time about how there's no form factor in between laptop and smartphone. The Apple Watch is a consumption device. It will eventually become the primary device for communicating and consuming and the phone will be reserved for heavy reading and watching videos. This is definitely worth a listen if you'd like to hear more about what I mean: http://daringfireball.net/thetalkshow/2014/09/28/ep-096

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Because it has a COC instead of SOC. What do you mean by modular- They didn't hint or say anything like that, so I assume its just an your own assumption not fact, do correct if I'm wrong. What does it the fact it can do stuff on its own have to do with not being a smartwatch? For example: a smartphone does stuff that without having to be connected to a phone network or attached to another device. The Apple watch has no headphone jack and not sure about speakers, so it is not entirely a independent system (again another reason but not the only reason) Calling it a module, the way it's isolated from the rest of the device in a separate metal case, the fact that nobody would spend $10000 on a solid gold watch only to pay that again every year. It's designed to eventually become an independent system.

That is far from not being a smartwatch. The Apple watch would fit the criteria of other "smartwatches". This is Apples marketing trying to help convince a regular consumer that their product is different (which it is). As the with the iPhone "Its not a phone, its a iPhone" still is smartphone, I think you would hard pressed to find someone who believes otherwise except maybe yourself and Apple employees   Would you call a iMac a personal computer? I would call an iMac a personal computer. It's a very different kind of PC but nonetheless still a PC. The Apple Watch has a much wider vision than Android Wear does and will already do more and be more when it launches. It's focused on design instead of features. The Moto 360 is the only other one that does that but it's not really a stellar device by any means.

IMO the if the Apple thinks the whole smart watch or "watch that can do a lot more than tell time" will replace the smartphone, then they have less hope than half the forum already thinks they have. I believe this because who wants to wear a bulky Inch and half by a inch and quarter touchscreen on their wrist instead of a phone? It seems clear people want larger screens not smaller more inconveniently placed screens. The Apple watch is an accessory in the same sense as a regular watch today is an accessory and not necessity. But you're just speculating here. Pre-iPad, I was reading articles in PCWorld all the time about how there's no form factor in between laptop and smartphone. The Apple Watch is a consumption device. It will eventually become the primary device for communicating and consuming and the phone will be reserved for heavy reading and watching videos. This is definitely worth a listen if you'd like to hear more about what I mean: http://daringfireball.net/thetalkshow/2014/09/28/ep-096

Well while you have a point with the fact no one wants to spend $1000 on new watch every year, I don't think it will be one a yearly release schedule, in saying that Apple may end up lowering the price eventually in future models and given that the whole smartphone industry think people will replace their $750 phones every year it wouldn't surprise me if Apple were thinking people will go out and spend a hundreds of dollars on the Apple watch every year. 

The potential is there for the Apple Watch unlike much of the other smartwatches. I think Apple has put a lot into it design and features that people may actually use and I think they will have to make a big push to get more than just fitness/health apps onto the platform. I'm still not sold on the smartwatch idea but I don't have to be and perhaps in the future, once they become more advanced and more separate from the smartphone they will be something I consider. I think we are still a long way from that point though. The Tablet is actually still misplace, it still can't totally do what a PC and isn't as portable as a phone nor can most make calls, and has never really been made to do so. Instead we see phones becoming tablets. The smartphone one the other hand was a completely new category and a very functional one, combining MP3 player and phone and media consumption into one. Tablet just expanded on this concept really. Watches are new direction much like the smartphone as they combine a lot of features into one and make it more portable but I believe it still has a bundle of hurdles before it replaces my iPhone, and still applies to almost all wearable tech. Apple will do wonders pushing the smartwatch forward whether or not they consider there as a smartwatch. 

Spoiler

Watches are new direction much like the smartphone as they combine a lot of features into one and make it more portable but I believe it still has a bundle of hurdles before it replaces my iPhone, and still applies to almost all wearable tech. Apple will do wonders pushing the smartwatch forward whether or not they consider there as a smartwatch. 

Well the only one that's going to be below the $1K mark is going to be the Sport if we're right here.

I'm not saying it doesn't share features with current smart watches, I'm saying their vision is more ambitious than we realize at the moment and it will actually be able to do more than they showed.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

News Flash: You are still vulnerable.  (and so am I) :ph34r: 

Right! If you have something to hide, either don't do it- or DONT PUT IT ON YOUR SMARTPHONE! If you have anything you want to keep secret, never put it "in the cloud" or any internet connected device. Plain and simple