1k/2k (+Giveaway)

virtualTune

So with this post I will be hitting my 1000 posts mark. I know some people couldn't care less about their post count, but I always had an obsession with interesting numbers like 999, 1000, 1234, you catch my drift. 

Anyways, I wanted to use this occasion to also reflect on my LTT experience so far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first joined the Community back in May '13, I was looking for some help with a GPU problem. I literally just joined to get support for Hardware/Software problems.

That quickly changed though, once I started to stick around and read through other people's threads. I started to pick up on certain strategies that would always be suggested to when someone had a problem. I started to become more and more active, though only reading. However, in July that year I went on a trip for nearly 5 weeks without a PC. after that I had forgotten about the forum O.o and since I didn't have any problems I pretty much abandoned my account. It wasn't until earlier this year when I was planning my new build that I returned.

I became more active than ever before, started to comment and voice my own opinion or give advice to the best of my ability. That getting actively involved and commenting is the best thing I could have done. I suggest this to every new member. Even if you aren't 100% sure if you are right, just post it. If you are wrong, someone will correct you, hopefully in a nice manner, and you will learn from it. 

After a few months I ordered the parts for my PC and put it all together. All by myself :D Something I would have never done a year ago. 

Shortly after I got obsessed with that 5GHz mark again. I had try to hit it in November '13 on air, but I failed. That is, I got it but the CPU had 108 C (@Ryan Leech would be proud). Now that I was armed with an AIO i wanted to try again. However again I could only go to 4.9GHz before temps would get concerning. So I sought help here, and I got it. Again, it is just a number :P

Ever since that success I felt like I had a definite topic that I could help people with. That was basically the point where I became more and more confident in my PC abilities and help out a lot more than I used to (not just on the forum). I think my average post rate (Off-Topic doesn't count @BonBon Scott) concerning hardware questions is somewhere around 30/day. Not high at all compared to people like @AlwaysFSX but a lot more than I would have ever dreamed just a year ago. 

So I guess what I am really getting at is an elaborate Thank You. This forum has given me a lot and I want to try and give back as much as I can  :)

Also, especially to all new members: This forum is a giant pool of knowledge. The best thing you can do is dive right in! I have only just scratched the surface, but I plan to stay until I have seen the bottom of it. 

Why the 1k/2k title? Well @LukaP is about to hit/has hit 3k so this is a combined celebration. It was also supposed to be a combined Giveaway, but he didn't want to take away from my reputation :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now that the "boring" part that probably only 10% are gonna read is out of the way, on to the Giveaway :P

Since this is about the X000s, the Giveaway is only for people with >1k posts. If you don't qualify, there is always my monthly Giveaway, next in October. 

Reflect on your experience in a few words, to enter for all the games. I will draw out of all the participants and give the first person the first choice and so on. 

The Games are:

• Awesomenauts
  • Murder Miners
  • Skyrim
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I hope that everyone here has had/will have a great LTT experience as me. 

Good Luck to everyone entering the giveaway. 

-vT

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Hi.

I had a giveaway but no one entered xD.

You had to tell a story and stuff. But there was no minimum post count.

That's the strangest requirement I've seen for a giveaway so far. Good idea though, considering the giveaway's subject matter.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not entering giveaway but Whoohoo! Someone else reached 1000 posts today as well :D

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

happy 1000th post, though that a bit overkill for a celebration

not that i'm complaining ofc

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Ltt forums is the best place to do anything related to tech. (and not tech too)

I literally started asking a question and getting shocked because of the amount of answers I got.

Between when i signed up and now, I have build a pc from this forum, and done a lot more too!

I love inviting new people, and I think this forum is better than some other ones...

Cough geforce forums *cough*

I have almost more friends on LTT than in real life!

(shocking truth) NOTE: I said ALMOST :P

THANKS LTT!!! :)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Splinter Cell pls. I almost have 1K posts. Im gonna go post some more to get there

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

i like free games. you'll get 5ghz one day. 4.9ghz is higher than most people ever get. :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

happy 1000th post, though that a bit overkill for a celebration

not that i'm complaining ofc

yeah I knew the majority of the people will focus purely on the Giveaway which is a bit sad. But I had these Games and since they are really good games in my opinion, I was gonna give them to dedicated members during my October Giveaway anyway, but it just seemed like a fitting occasion to do it now :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Here comes all the >1k posters! xD

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

congratz on such a milestone.

and free stuff is always nice - I would like to put in my submission for Blacklist. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Changed the requirements to control the "I want..." posts >.<

(everyone above this post is in)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Too long, BUT I did read :P

I dont have 1k posts to participate in the giveaway, but I quote you:

This forum is a giant pool of knowledge ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

congrats :D and i am kind of the same with fourms i don't care much about post count but i find it really fun to like look around on the forums and comment to assist people. i also don't mind taking time out of my day to sit down and assist someone because i just like doing it :P. especially with the fact i can't really play much games because of pc issues i've become way more active in the past month.(even though i only like 20days old on forum oh well xD)

Hey congrats on hitting the 1000 thousand mark, 2000 should come fast too

Not an entry, just wanna congratulate

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Well for my sake it was and still is about rediscovering my inner geek and catching up on the vast changes that have happened over the last decade since I was last in the IT sector(out of high school..more then a decade ago at this point). 

What got me to start being active was the storage sub forum, what hooked me was the hot deals (dying to hit another crushing sale like the lenovo faux pas that happened during early summer), and have come to love and relay on the news section for my fix.

I think the thing I respect most about this forum is that no matter how far off things get, when the truth or better information comes forth members tend to actually accept facts from a dispassionate view point (apple excluded) and frame things in reality, rather then some party line or team.  To be frank, out side of here and G+ I've nowhere else to go where sanity can be found.

So Thanks to everyone for participating in this space and making it what it is, a place I like to go.

*start humming the cheers theme song*

Congrats @virtualTune & @LukaP on your milestones  ^_^

lol that Title should read 1k/3k xD

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I've really liked my time so far at LTT forums. thanks for all the giveaway.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

The experience here for me has been a great one. Made lots of cool new friends and help people who are newbies when it comes to PCs.

Oh and I'l take Splinter cell blacklist ;)

Life.exe is missing

I made this account account to ask a question then never touch it again

At first, I stayed because of all the giveaways that were happening (Origin Humble Bundles), but ultimately, I stayed because of the relatively helpful and knowledgeable community

If I knew I was going to spend as much time on here as I ended up spending, I would have put more thought into my username :/

-snip-

how you got to 1.6k posts without an avatar is beyond me 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

i like free games. you'll get 5ghz one day. 4.9ghz is higher than most people ever get. :P

I did hit 5, but only without HT :/ 

I will definitely try again in October. Got me some MX-2 which scraped about 7 degrees off.

Also, I am doing the Giveaway right now, so expect a msg from me soon.  

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Want blacklist or skyrim 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer