HELP water cooling VS air

litro max

hello guys I really need help on witch one is better water or air pleas help me I have seen video of test but they are pretty much the same temperatures so what the big

deal why do people water cool if its the same thing as air pleas help I am planning on water cooling 2 gtx 980 and my cpu but I don't no if its worth it plus it will be my first build if that helps

and its all going to be packed in a h440

wowowowow, WC same temps as air? What tests did you read m8?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

WCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

If you want to go water it will take a lot of planning and testing compared to air. So if you really want to go water, take your time for that.

WC is also a risk, you never know something will start to leak.

Good things about WC is that you can much better cooling with a much lower noise level, also overclocking could benefit from it.

But if u don't wat to spend a couple of hundred bucks for cooling, just stick with air, it will do the job for most people.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

A custom loop will give you MUCH better temperatures than any air cooling setup, provided you choose the right parts and have enough radiator space. Its also way more expensive, way more complicated and not really necessary though, as most CPUs and GPUs will run at perfectly tolerable temps with good air cooling.

On a side note, you'll also most likely lose your warranty on the GPUs by installing waterblocks on them. You'll need to consider all the advantages and disadvantages and then make your decision based on that.

Mind you when you say watercooling you are NOT talking about coolers like the H100i and stuff, those are AiOs, Watercooling means custom loops, getting rads, tubbing, pump, res, blocks, etc.

That's why everyone is screaming "go for water".

all right thanks but how cold do u think my core i7 and 2 gtx 980 will get with 2 radiator that support 3 120mm fans

all right thanks but how cold do u think my core i7 and 2 gtx 980 will get with 2 radiator that support 3 120mm fans

you need to press the "quote" button to reply to people here, otherwise they'll get no notification. 2 x 360mm would be plenty of radiator space for your setup. You'll need good radiator fans too though, I'd recommend Noctuas, Corsair SP120s or Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pros.

yes but do u have a estimate of temperature

again, please use the fjS4tl2.png button if you want to reply to me, otherwise you'll likely not get an answer next time because I will not be checking this thread and I will receive no notification. 

Temperature depends on many things including airflow, the blocks you use, the TIM you use, the voltages and clock speeds you're at and the fan speed. Its hard to estimate temps, but I'd say you should get temperatures between 35-45°C on the GPUs and between 35-50°C (depending if overclocked or not) on the CPU, if you do everything right.

again, please use the fjS4tl2.png button if you want to reply to me, otherwise you'll likely not get an answer next time because I will not be checking this thread and I will receive no notification.

Temperature depends on many things including airflow, the blocks you use, the TIM you use, the voltages and clock speeds you're at and the fan speed. Its hard to estimate temps, but I'd say you should get temperatures between 35-45°C on the GPUs and between 35-50°C (depending if overclocked or not) on the CPU, if you do everything right.

again, please use the fjS4tl2.png button if you want to reply to me, otherwise you'll likely not get an answer next time because I will not be checking this thread and I will receive no notification.

ok thanks

That's hot

what, my temperature estimate? No, that is most certainly not hot.

what, my temperature estimate? No, that is most certainly not hot.

yes it is like 45c = 114 feringhit and that like a hot summer day

CPUs and GPUs tend to have lower and lower TDPs especially with the latest releases. So air cooling is a very quiet, easy to maintain and less failure prone alternative for high end components without compromising on performance. -> air cooling.

who cares...

CPUs and GPUs tend to have lower and lower TDPs especially with the latest releases. So air cooling is a very quiet, easy to maintain and less failure prone alternative for high end components without compromising on performance. -> air cooling.

thanks man

OMG guys some say water some say air

Some say water gives u 113 feringhit < --- xD

Some other guy Is like ehhhh PLEAS help get Linus

yes it is like 45c = 114 feringhit and that like a hot summer day

are you.... are you trolling? If not, I'm really sorry to say this, but if you think 45°C is hot for a CPU/GPU, you still have a lot to learn and you are definitely not ready to build a watercooled rig. 

Bro a air cooled stay at 80 feringhit

No, just no.

Well liquid cooling is of course more complicated. Air cooling is simple, it doesn't break, and gets the job done. Watercooling looks badass and is very cool, so you can overclock higher. But these days it's overrated imo. A GTX 980 with a good cooler can OC to it's chip limits without running hot (below 80 °C). So why the hassle of WC?

That's my opinion. choose for yourself. :P

who cares...

Honestly, you sound like a PC novice so i would recommend air cooling :)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!