The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Yes, because if Jobs were here, he would magically summon the god of machined 6061 aluminum, Bauxitorus, and ask him to stop bending everyones' iPhones.

Yes, because it was entirely true and a great example of the double standards that people hold Apple to.

no if jobs were here he would OCD apple into building proper phones.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Wait wait wait, can you bend it back?

I would not try it, because that could cause too much tension on the screen. 

this happened with the 5, turns out people did it on purpose

Serious? Why would someone do that?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Yes, because it was entirely true and a great example of the double standards that people hold Apple to.

That's exactly while it was amusing. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Yeah.

Phones aren't supposed to bend.(non-flexible ones)

It's not clear that this one does, only that one of them has so far.

This feature has been implemented since the 5s:

My 5s looks nothing like that.

no if jobs were here he would OCD apple into building proper phones.

Yes, because again, ONE EXAMPLE OF THIS OCCURRING AND SUDDENLY IT'S A MASSIVE PROBLEM! APPLE IS DEAD! ARUSDJGK SDFJI DSFJ NDSKF EVRYONE WILL DIE IN A FIER OF BENT IPHONES ARRRRGGGGH!

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I find this really hard to believe. It's probably best to wait and see if more reports of this pops up before saying it's poorly constructed. I remember 1-2 reports of the Galaxy something bending as well but it just happened to a handful of people out of millions of phones sold.

What really bothers me are some of the comments in that macrumors thread.

Do you people really think you can put these in your pants pocket and not bend
it? C'mon a little common sense, Please!

I'm sure Apple will get the blame and be asked to replace it......amazing.....*face palm*

On a similar note: I went out last night and didn't know where to store my iPhone 6 securely while partying, so I parked my car on it (after all, I thought it would be safe under a tire). Now it has tire pressure marks on the back. Do you think Apple will replace it?

Helloooooooo?!?! Common sense anyone?!?!

this happened with the 5, turns out people did it on purpose

I knew the 5 had issues (mainly the black chipped really easily) but I had NO idea that the bending was a thing AND that it was done on purpose. 

Have any links I can burn some time with? 

To be serious, how prevalent is this. 6 or 6+. Conditions? Causes? Seriously stop wearing tight pants? I don't know. 

Personally, mine is straight as an arrow. With a case, but I'm usually wearing a suit so its not like it sees tight pockets anyways. 

I'm a little worried at whats causing this, and what the hell people are doing to get it to do that. 

This is also hilarious. 

I'm so conflicted. 

I have seen my fair share of bent 5 and 5s. Most of the time something goes wrong with the phone i.e. Bluetooth doesn't work right or they get poor reception because of the bend. They just bend too damn easy, and with the new thinner, lighter, taller design I expect to see this as common place!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Wait wait wait, can you bend it back?

If that's the case, WE FOUND AN AMAZING HIDDEN FEATURE!!!

post-43930-0-90460900-1411414313.gif

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

iphone-5s-plie-tordu-00.jpg

Nothing to worry about ;)

wow I had a 5s for years and It didnt do that....

Is this bending thing only happening in America?

because you know.... Americans are rather.... large.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I find this really hard to believe. It's probably best to wait and see if more reports of this pops up before saying it's poorly constructed. I remember 1-2 reports of the Galaxy something bending as well but it just happened to a handful of people out of millions of phones sold.

Exactly. We don't even know all the details here...

They just bend too damn easy, and with the new thinner, lighter, taller design I expect to see this as common place!

I've literally never seen that happen with a 5 or 5s...ever.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This. Sit and wait. 

If its a real issue, we'll really know soon enough. 

Also, big ass aluminum phones aren't a new thing. If this hasn't been a red herring with other large phones, why now? 

I'm just very curious. Is it weak aluminum? Is it the shear forces that are too much when in a pocket? What exactly makes it happen and is it a cause for panic or just a cause for certain users who make use of phones a certain way. 

This be not the case where jumping to conclusions makes sense, largely because the claims are so outrageous that its either 100% true or 100% bullshit. 

I find this really easy to believe, in fact a co-worker and I were wondering if the bending issues on the 6/6+ will be worse because of the thinness of the device. That was 3 days ago on launch and now our suspicions have been confirmed.

The 5/5s bent too damn easy. Most bends were subtle but some bends were pretty extreme that I have seen personally.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have seen my fair share of bent 5 and 5s. Most of the time something goes wrong with the phone i.e. Bluetooth doesn't work right or they get poor reception because of the bend. They just bend too damn easy, and with the new thinner, lighter, taller design I expect to see this as common place!

This is honestly the first I've heard of bending 5/5S as well. 

The hell 

wow I had a 5s for years and It didnt do that....

Is this bending thing only happening in America?

because you know.... Americans are rather.... large.

I lol'd. 

Exactly. We don't even know all the details here...

I've literally never seen that happen with a 5 or 5s...ever.

I work with phones every day of my life, I have seen my fair share of bent iPhones.

Hail Sithis!

my brother's 5 lives in his back pocket and doesn't show the slightest hint of bending... I'll believe it when I see more reports

I work with phones every day of my life, I have seen my fair share of bent iPhones.

I do too, but I've never seen a device so destroyed...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is honestly the first I've heard of bending 5/5S as well. 

It's not that common of a problem, but it does happen.

I recall the day after the iPhone 5s launch a gentleman coming in to do a warranty exchange on his phone. After one day of use his phone was bent slightly. This guy was average sized too.

I don't know if it's a weakness in some few devices or what. 

Hail Sithis!

The Z2 also flexes a bit. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I never put my phone in my trouser pocket unless I absolutely need to, majority of the time if its going in a pocket it'll be in my coat pocket (close to my hand).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Stop wearing tight pants you goddamn hipsters

But... but... but I like my dingeling to be squeezed.

Srsly though, I love tight pants, wear them all the time.

144Hz goodness

I do too, but I've never seen a device so destroyed...

I wouldn't call that destroyed. the phones generally have issues once bent but still work alright.

I have seen a nearly exploded iPhone 5s. the screen was completely shattered and it was hot. The lady that owned the phone had her ear cut and her nail broken off when it blew up. It happened in the parking lot and the phone was hot to the touch when she brought it in.

Hail Sithis!

This. Sit and wait. 

If its a real issue, we'll really know soon enough. 

Also, big ass aluminum phones aren't a new thing. If this hasn't been a red herring with other large phones, why now?

I can't really think of any other aluminum phone as big and thin as the iPhone 6+ though.

Except with the other phones you usually had to hold them in awkward and unnatural positions, but with the iPhone you lost signal by simply holding it normally (like in all of Apple's press material for example).

iphone-5s-plie-tordu-00.jpg

Nothing to worry about ;)

Damn that's a big bend. Maybe it is a feature after all. If you get mad and throw it out the window it'll automatically boomerang back to you.

I wouldn't call that destroyed. the phones generally have issues once bent but still work alright.

I have seen a nearly exploded iPhone 5s. the screen was completely shattered and it was hot. The lady that owned the phone had her ear cut and her nail broken off when it blew up. It happened in the parking lot and the phone was hot to the touch when she brought it in.

I guess that the glue will loosen up and the screen will fall out. My Nexus 4 is a bit bend and the screen is a little bit loose on the lower right side.