Apple sells 10M iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices in first weekend

iPhone 5s vs the 6 and 6 Plus isn't exactly thorough.  Nor is using professional equipment reflective of real world scenarios.

This.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Nor is using professional equipment reflective of real world scenarios.

So putting your phone on a tripod constitutes "professional equipment?"

Also not all of those are tripod shots.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So putting your phone on a tripod constitutes "professional equipment?"

Also not all of those are tripod shots.

Over $140 worth in equipment, definitely not what 99.99% of iPhone users will typically have when they decide to take pictures on a whim.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Over $140 worth in equipment, definitely not what 99.99% of iPhone users will typically have when they decide to take pictures on a whim.

Over $140? Wut?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Also the fact people queue up overnight for shit like this is a terrible symptom of how fucked society is.

yet people stayed up 24 hours to watch a case modding competition. how do people call that amazing and proud, and waiting in line for something your excited for "symptom of how fucked society is"

I love modding as much as the next guy, hell, my s4 has had every custom rom that will run on it, and then some(whoops wrong carrier lol) and a couple kernels. and know what? it can freeze or brick for a day at a time when Im trying to figure out what i did wrong. yeah its a fun process, but I have responsibilites. I need my phone to just work. My only complaint about Iphones was screen size and lack of swiftkey. both of those are fixed. yet I was still a huge anti apple guy, because its what we had 2 years ago. 

My parents both got iphone 6 pluses 2 days ago. But because of carrier stuff we where in the apple store for 5 hours. this was my first time ever in a apple store. guess what? the employee and the manager stayed with them 90% of the time for 5 HOURS. and they where polite the whole time. I could not have done that as employee. mad props. 

second off, Its actually not a bad phone. I played with it. a lot. yeah, you cant mess with it as much, but the user experience, and now the hardware, is great. Im not going to blindly say pc is better then console, or android is better then apple, because while both of those are true in most use cases, it all depends on you. As a PC enthusiast, I would love the iphone 6 plus as my next phone

Over $140? Wut?

As quoted at the bottom of that link you shared:

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Did you even look at any of that stuff? Two of those are redundant, and not all of them were used to take those pictures.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Did you even look at any of that stuff? Two of those are redundant, and not all of them were used to take those pictures.

Does not matter, my original point still stands.

Does not matter, my original point still stands.

That's not the way debate works. I counteract a point with a legitimate argument and you say it doesn't matter? If you would just read the flipping article you'll notice that not all of those shots were even taken using equipment in the first place.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's not the way debate works. I counteract a point with a legitimate argument and you say it doesn't matter? If you would just read the flipping article you'll notice that not all of those shots were even taken using equipment in the first place.

No time or energy to read that, but either way.  What I am saying is that most of those shots could not be replicated in the hands of most iPhone users, with or without the equipment, thereby branding it a special case.  And what I am also saying is that you can not derive a "[iPhone has] the best smartphone camera out there" argument and then try to justify it by comparing it to the 5s.  Those are beautiful shots, I can not possibly deny, but nor can I say that my OnePlus can or can not take better, nor anyone else's Xperia Z3, G3, S5 or Note 4, M8.

The very concept of superiority is comparative, and it is a shoddy argument when you suffer from a small-sample bias which is based on preceding hardware of the exact same vendor.

You say that like you have actually tested and compared it thoroughly against the competition.

I have.

My brother's 6 got here on Friday, but he was on a trip until Sunday, so I spent a lot of the time comparing it to my Moto X, my 4S, my mom's 5C and my dad's 5S.

Of course I don't have every phone on the planet, but the 5S was pretty great compared to most others, and this crushes that, especially in low-light scenarios.

And that 240FPS slow-mo :o

I have.

My brother's 6 got here on Friday, but he was on a trip until Sunday, so I spent a lot of the time comparing it to my Moto X, my 4S, my mom's 5C and my dad's 5S.

Of course I don't have every phone on the planet, but the 5S was pretty great compared to most others, and this crushes that, especially in low-light scenarios.

And that 240FPS slow-mo :o

The poor camera on the X is well documented and the other phones are just older versions of your brother's 6 so, naturally, this will be better.

because a waterproof case, an extra phone holding clamp, and a thing that turns slowly for 360 degree time-lapses really make the photos that much better. The same photos can be done with a steady hand or even use a nearby object like a fence or a table to help steady your shot even more.

because a waterproof case, an extra phone holding clamp, and a thing that turns slowly for 360 degree time-lapses really make the photos that much better. The same photos can be done with a steady hand or even use a nearby object like a fence or a table to help steady your shot even more.

Waterproof case was used because the iPhone is not an Xperia Z3 and believe me when I say that you would only be seeing half of those shots if that was not used in that particular terrain.  The clamp is told hold the phone... one would assume this is obvious but I'll bring it up nonetheless.  That can be used for long exposure shots or the like.  And the time-lapse object is used to create time-lapse videos.

I know you know what I meant when I refereed to the equipment, so please don't belittle yourself to try to bolster your own cause.  Photography takes skill, not just a steady hand (which is mitigated with the digital/optical IS) or a fence.  There is more to it than that (primarily lighting and angles, but I'm no expert).

Out of the 10m sold, I'd say at least 1 million were immediately shipped over seas (mainly China) where the prices are 2x to 3x they are here especially for the gold version.

China won't get the iPhone until 2015 because release dates are staggered; you bet there's money to be made right now

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

The poor camera on the X is well documented and the other phones are just older versions of your brother's 6 so, naturally, this will be better.

Yes, but the 5S especially was a direct competitor with nearly every other phone out there, including the GS5 and One M8.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s5-camera-comparison-versus-htc-one-m8-iphone-5s/

I don't really like 4.7" - my brother got a 6, and it seems HUGE. But I guess that that's where the market is going :(

Though to be fair, Apple accomodated the one-handed use well with the double-tap the home button trick. It really works! but I still like the smaller screen. Hell, even the 4" 5/5S seems big :D

But heck, I'm still using a 4S xD

Are you 3' tall?

Why are people surprised?  If you couldn't predict it would be larger than 8M then you aren't following the subject very closely. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's a feature.

I agree with you, but I couldn't resist

It's a feature.

I agree with you, but I couldn't resist

Not quite sure how that makes sense in this context, but whatever...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Dam i thought the sales would finally go down. #Androidmasterrace :P

iPhone looks great and iOS looks fine...

Android 4.3 more functional than iOS, Android L looks promising...

Blackberry OS 10, Still the underdog... Would be interesting to play with...

Ubuntu Phone, Soz Canonical anything new? [Muttering] K then... I'll just come back in another 6 months...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The 5S camera was one of the leading smartphone cameras during its tenure (fighting with the Lumia for top spot and the Galaxy for 2nd/3rd) so its no surprise when Apple improves the camera on the 6 that its still a top 1-2 camera even without "thorough" testing.

Really? People can't be excited? 

I think people who stand in lines for GAMES are a bit off their rockers. 

But then I went with my friends to the Destiny launch and we had a lot of fun. It was a social thing. We joked around in line, played games, had fun. Got home and played the game. Honestly, it was a good event. We're most likely doing it again for Halo or whatever else. Cause the Best Buy it literally 2 minutes away and it was fun. So sue us. I was wrong about such things, cause I bothered trying. 

I didn't stand in line for my 6+. I reserved for 8AM. We showed up at 730AM. Front of the line. Just waited. Cracked jokes with people around us, played some Monopoly, chipped in for morning coffee amongst some of the staff and people in line too. It was just fun. Would I do it again? Maybe not. Once was good for a freaking phone, to be honest. 

I don't judge how people get entertainment or invest in doing. That is their problem. OR solution. Who knows, people don't have to justify how they like to spend their time. 

You making that kind of comment shows just how ignorant you are. 

I'm not telling people how they should spend their free time, I'm pointing out how we as a society are fucked due to his religion-esque fanatical approach to consumerism and capitalism.

Apple have enough money to end world poverty stashed in offshore bank accounts and they pay as little tax as possible.  Tim Cook actually told the government that they can only charge him a certain amount of tax.  Imagine trying to tell Apple you're Only going to pay £10 for their new iPhone and getting away with it.

They continue to employ contractor companies that staff over 100 child laborers lifting heavy loads and dealing with dangerous toxic chemicals - this number has actually risen significantly since Apple first learned of child laborers a few years back.  They are OK with releasing of tonnes of toxic chemicals and gases into the air which as a result is now showing a 10-fold increase in the amount of cancer victims in the villages downwind from their factories/work prisons. They are OK with having staff building their shitty phones in 15 hour shifts with no breaks.  Mandatory pregnancy tests on women.  Militia style workouts every morning... It goes on...

If Apple came out and said "we're going to end world hunger, but we need your help - buy our products" then it would be awesome, but all these poor saps are doing are exhibiting fanatical behavior in the goal that they are the first to what... have basically the same phone again one year later, except it's more perfect than the last one which was also absolutely perfect.

And Apple aren't the only ones guilty of problems like this, Foxxcon being the major contributor to the misery in the Apple workcamps.  We have a responsibility, morally and ethically, to support ethically sourced goods and services.

At least if you are queuing for games you know that it's likely coming from an ethical source (unless it's EA - HEYO!).

But yeah, no, it's fine, enjoy queuing like a muppet for the shitty "new" phone.  Just so long as you got yours, right?  As long as that poor Chinese person, who doesn't earn enough in their career to afford one or even see one being turned on, has been breathing hexane then it's fair right?  Gotta polish up that display.

Hurray I contributed to this :)

Sorry

not sorry

I am absolutely in love with it though! 128gb is fantastic too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii