What game are you hooked on at the minute?

werto165

It's so obvious you have only been playing since the last couple of expansions at best. None of those things affected World PvP at all and have been there since the start. Flying is a pretty huge reason, actually.

Let's say I want to get from Point A to Point B in a questing zone. I can fly from A to B, then there is zero risk of me being attacked by a player. Or, I can walk, and there is every risk of me being attacked by a player, and I'll have to constantly stay alert and on focus at all times in case some Mage polymorphs me, or a Hunter snares me, etc. And also, flying just removes the ground interaction and exploration. People used to actually take their time on the ground exploring the zones and actively traveling through areas instead of just flying on auto pilot while alt tabbed until you get to where you need to go.

Vocal minority, nothing more or less. Trust me when I say there are many, many more who want the game to go back to its Vanilla roots.

It's fine if you're a casual, but don't complain when others who don't want such a casualised experience compliment Blizzard for taking the game in a less casual direction.

You're making a lot of assumptions there, ive been playing since vanilla and while i am casual at this point in time i have been a progression raider and different times, i have many FOS on my account to support this. Over the last few expansions i have focused mostly on collecting mounts/pets and other random activities but i do ok, im among the top 20 or so mount collectors in the world and am happy to compare achievements in game with you if you feel such things will validate my stance. 

Just because someone has a conflicting opinion than you it doesn't mean you should automatically assume they're beneath you in terms of the content they have cleared over the years, im glad you're happy about the changes to flying and how it will make getting away from being ganked harder on PvP servers but the fact of the matter is PvP is just a little mini game, WoW is a predominantly PvE focused game and removing flying in my opinion its nothing more than a cheap ploy to ensure we take longer to get bored of each content patch seeing as Blizzard seems to take so long to put out new ones these days. 

Civ 5

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Diablo III.

Ever since RoS dropped, i've been having a blast with this otherwise mediocre-level, insignificant addition to the series.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Fable III and Dragon Age II. Both are pretty interesting in there own ways.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

TF2. I am despising strongly the fact that my mouse only goes down to 800dpi... (I'm best or least-bad as a sniper)

The game's free though so no complaints there.

Dota 2 :( I haven't finish some of my games because my friends always ask me to play with them. I play carry/support role.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

the fact of the matter is PvP is just a little mini game, WoW is a predominantly PvE focused game

What? No it isn't at all, what are you even on about. PvE and PvP are pretty much 50/50 when it comes to end-game content. In fact, the focus on PvP has only gone up over the last couple of expansions. Just because you may not do PvP, doesn't suddenly make it less important or focused on, or even just a "mini game" as you put it. It's pretty damn equal between the two types of content. I'd also say PvP is a lot more in-depth, interesting and varied than PvE content. At least PvP is different every week, and that comes from someone that is also mainly focused on PvE.

Also, while you're quick to call PvP just a "mini game", you've ignored my other points where flying affects even core PvE gameplay.

removing flying in my opinion its nothing more than a cheap ploy to ensure we take longer to get bored of each content patch seeing as Blizzard seems to take so long to put out new ones these days

How is it a cheap ploy? It means you'll get more enjoyment out of the same content, meaning they can spend more time on the next content while everyone is still satisfied with what is currently out. Also, if you don't get bored as quick with the same content, what exactly is the issue? In fact, I could even make the argument that by flying, you're purposely making yourself bored quicker than someone that chooses not to fly and actually enjoy the zone leveling experience - which is 100% you're fault and problem, no one else's.

You seem to be just complaining for the sake of it.

I've been playing a lot of Prison Architect lately, that and I started Prototype yesterday.

Prototype fanboy here *chuckles*

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Diablo III.

Ever since RoS dropped, i've been having a blast with this otherwise mediocre-level, insignificant addition to the series.

Yup me 2 ^^ Love it too, playing on Europe ( Stadiz#2222)

Sims 3 actually lol. Since Sims 4 launched and how most people said Sims 3 was better I remembered I got Sims 3 a while back in one of the humble bundles. Decided to install it and play it. Now I'm hooked  :P

Brave frontier. Im running 4 different accounts, 1 japan 1 english on my phone and 1 japan and english on my tablet.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Sims 3 actually lol. Since Sims 4 launched and how most people said Sims 3 was better I remembered I got Sims 3 a while back in one of the humble bundles. Decided to install it and play it. Now I'm hooked :P

Same here actually xD

Also Blacklight retribution and saints row 3

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Got back into Osu! but also playing a bunch of Smite. Crypt of the Necrodancer is fun too, and I can't wait for Binding of Isaac rebirth since I do have 549 in the first one, like dang.

Lately I have  really been getting into competive CSGO. Also quake live is really fun with a few mates.

Except for my eternal love for Supreme Commander, there is also Borderlands 2. (Can't wait for the Pre-Sequel!)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Except for my eternal love for Supreme Commander, there is also Borderlands 2. (Can't wait for the Pre-Sequel!)

Tito, long time no see!

I patiently await games I know I will enjoy like Witcher 3, look for surprises in between like Men of War but there are few games I bounce between pretty much all the time. Splinter Cell CT, GR Advanced Warfighter, Supreme Commander, XCOM, these are all games I play at least once a year since they came out. I do go for mainstream like Watch Dogs or Titanfall too but usually play them for few weeks but never touch them again. This week I am replaying Defense Grid and having a blast.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

age of empires 2 HD with @M-ursu

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace