Winners of LinusTechTips 1 million giveaway?

it doesn't bother me that you created the account. It bothers me that Linus got us ~20k new members of which 99.9% will only post a couple times and usually have either really stupid questions or questions that have been answered many times and could be easily solved if they used the search option.

Oh, and whats the point of forums then? This conversation has been covered 'bout hundred times in Forum Suggestions thread. Stop your whining and be nice to newbies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I won:)

(in my dreams)

If you win it's going to be an Illuminati confirmed fest until the mods shut it down. MARK MY WORDS.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh, and whats the point of forums then? This conversation has been covered 'bout hundred times in Forum Suggestions thread. Stop your whining and be nice to newbies.

why do you even give a shit? I have an opinion that is different from yours! Why do you have to make a big drama out of it? 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Gotta love it. 2 posts: one in the Giveaway and one asking about it. I can see a very dedicated member in you...

At least it won't be a 1-poster this time round.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Hope I win c: I work a part-time job so I can help support my mother and am currently in high school. On my spare time I watch Linus and play Warcraft 3 since my PC can't handle any better.

"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven."

Send private message ~ banjoball.com ~ Clan ENT ~ USEast

I WON, I WON!! LINUS JUST MESSAGED ME ON YOUTUBE THAT..... Oh wait....

who cares...

These giveaways are always fun to see people's arguments and complaints. Here's how I see it: Linus made the forum to create a community. He wants us to interact here and help out other people that need it. Whether you want to see it this way or not, we are the community. Yes has a bajillion subs on YouTube but how many of them are spam accounts, inactive accounts, and the like? What's the point of creating a giveaway so people can flood the sign, become one post wonders, and cause the entire thing to slow down for the rest of us. It causes instability and forum problems galore. If he started to limit giveaways (for the rare times they happen) to forum members that meet certain requirements (combination of time and/or posts / contributions to the site and community) to win then we would have a larger community and those that aren't here can't suddenly spam the heck out of here to win a prize.

I just got an email from "Linus TechTips" saying I won a prize in the contest, but that can't be because it hasn't been drawn yet. I checked and it's a impostor fake YouTube account trolling. You guys might want to look out for this and also Linus Media Group may want to try and shut them down.

Fascinating...

With all the hate for the surface pro 3 I feel like I'm the only one who wants it lol

i want it ...  :)

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

everyone know its that creeper that won that thread stalker that no one notices

I would love to win, but I know how minimal my chances are :P

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

maybe someday (a long time in the future in a galaxy far, far away...) he'll come back 

Kind of rude isn't it?  I myself joined the forums for the giveaway myself however I've been watching Linus videos since the NCIX days. Needless to say you should welcome everyone into the community.

yea i myself wasn't really much of a forum person before i watched allot of Linus videos but once he made forum i would check out but i never made a account because i never exactly had a reason to.

yea i myself wasn't really much of a forum person before i watched allot of Linus videos but once he made forum i would check out but i never made a account because i never exactly had a reason to.

Helping out other people (Troubleshooting, Computer Hardware and New Builds and Planning), gaining more knowledge, scooping in the deals (Hot Deals), communicating and making new friends, always getting to LMGs (I dislike just saying "Linus" as they are a group) videos first, getting help from other forum members, and so much more.

Been on LTTF for a while now, about 9 months and I've spend about 3-7 hours online every day and gained quite a few friends all the while helping out hundred of people, I really love it here and I've got to say that it's really beneficial. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

One small thing to the mods and or admins, if you are viewing a forum (say general disucussion) you can view who posted in a topic by clicking the post count of a topic. That should bring up a pop-up of everyone who posted in that topic, and how many times. Small thing in IPB (and I think other forum software).

So you're saying that all the long-time fans of Linus shouldn't be able to win just because they haven't used the forums?  :huh:

This x10000

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Kind of rude isn't it?  I myself joined the forums for the giveaway myself however I've been watching Linus videos since the NCIX days. Needless to say you should welcome everyone into the community.

Hello fellow edmontonian!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Didn't Linus say something along the lines of "You guys have been asking for it so we're doing a community give away!" Which implied the forum, not tons of 1 post no shows. If Logan did a give away like this and I signed on their site with 1 post and won, i'd feel like such a complete douchebag who didn't deserve it vs those who have been there for awhile in spite of watching Tek videos for as long as Linus ones.

That's just my take on this. If a 1 poster won, that's up to Linus and co, but if it were myself with 1 post, I honestly would feel like I didn't deserve it. Shoot, I'd feel guilty of even using the machine at all.

Didn't Linus say something along the lines of "You guys have been asking for it so we're doing a community give away!" Which implied the forum, not tons of 1 post no shows. If Logan did a give away like this and I signed on their site with 1 post and won, i'd feel like such a complete douchebag who didn't deserve it vs those who have been there for awhile in spite of watching Tek videos for as long as Linus ones.

That's just my take on this. If a 1 poster one, that's up to Linus and co, but if it were myself with 1 post, I honestly would feel like I didn't deserve it. Shoot, I'd feel guilty of even using the machine at all.

I love Tek Syndicate videos, but I've only ever been on their forum once or twice.

I love Tek Syndicate videos, but I've only ever been on their forum once or twice.

I derp'd and used the wrong "won" :P

But yeah, I've been to their forums a few times vs the many videos I've watched. All i'm saying is if I were a one poster there, I wouldn't feel like part of the community to deserve anything. I feel like you have to earn that by participating in threads or other social media.

I derp'd and used the wrong "won" :P

But yeah, I've been to their forums a few times vs the many videos I've watched. All i'm saying is if I were a one poster there, I wouldn't feel like part of the community to deserve anything. I feel like you have to earn that by participating in threads or other social media.

I know what you mean, I watched Linus for quite a long time but never really got around to making a forum account. But here I am :P

I know what you mean, I watched Linus for quite a long time but never really got around to making a forum account. But here I am :P

Kinda the same. Watched his videos way before getting 4k posts over time just interacting with the community. I'm not mad people joined just for this, I'm disappointed in those who have no intention in staying if they didn't win. That isn't a community vibe at all. I welcome new members who stick around and add to this community. This isn't being too demanding I hope. :)

Kinda the same. Watched his videos way before getting 4k posts over time just interacting with the community. I'm not mad people joined just for this, I'm disappointed in those who have no intention in staying if they didn't win. That isn't a community vibe at all. I welcome new members who stick around and add to this community. This isn't being too demanding I hope. :)

I don't mind if someone with a low post count enters/wins a contest, all that matters is whether or not they stick around after.