Winners of LinusTechTips 1 million giveaway?

What about those (such as myself) who are active members but mostly post in off-topic, therefore having the post not get counted?

Off-topic posts don't count?

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Off-topic posts don't count?

it appears they do not, I notice no change is post count after posting there. Although likes in off topic to attribute to overall like count

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

So you're saying that all the long-time fans of Linus shouldn't be able to win just because they haven't used the forums?  :huh:

if youre a TRUE linus fan imho youre a forums user as well as content watcher. and if you disagree then in other words, linus should do active forum user exclusive giveaways to give those who are active on his forums everyday a little kickback for making the community here great.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Gotta love it. 2 posts: one in the Giveaway and one asking about it. I can see a very dedicated member in you...

Hahaha. I'm not much of a forum guy, but I created this account cause of the giveaway. Sorry if that bothers you.

Linus literally said it's going to be a community only giveaway and they will pick someone who has contributed and helped out people on the forum. It won't be a single-post-and-never-return person.

I fucking hate those people. They fucking never claim it. Linus should do a giveaway for those who have more than 500 posts and have been on the forum for more than 6 months. If that were to happen, definitely sign the fuck up.

Sorry. :(

Well, maybe somebody can ask Linus if they can do a giveaway on here to do for us vet forum members. That would be nice. That way, we wouldn't have 1 post newbies winning but then not claiming the prize.

Sure, I would have no problem with that. I didn't know I would create all of this corruption. I thought that this giveaway were for his YouTube fans, not the forum veterans.

Linus literally said it's going to be a community only giveaway and they will pick someone who has contributed and helped out people on the forum. It won't be a single-post-and-never-return person.

Being community only and forum only are two different things. Linus sees his Youtube audience as community also. So my guess is that this being community giveaway means that he's giving priority to those who are somewhat committed to watch the giveaway video, WAN show, create account and check on it after announcement. Not just like/subscrive/comment on youtube.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There should have been a minimum post requirement. All of these 1 post wonders kept winning and never claimed the prize

yeah over 1k post :)

Its all looks these days

Being community only and forum only are two different things. Linus sees his Youtube audience as community also. So my guess is that this being community giveaway means that he's giving priority to those who are somewhat committed to watch the giveaway video, WAN show, create account and check on it after announcement. Not just like/subscrive/comment on youtube.

Go read the OP of the giveaway thread.

thats for the g550jk used on mount elbert

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Go read the OP of the giveaway thread.

You read it. Only the laptop is for forum members only and only for certain members that have been active anyhow. Others are just as I wrote. And if you have watched Linus long enough you'd know that he started forum to "give his community place to meet" which means his YT/Twitter followers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I fucking hate those people. They fucking never claim it. Linus should do a giveaway for those who have more than 500 posts and have been on the forum for more than 6 months. If that were to happen, definitely sign the fuck up.

As someone that comes on the forum daily and doesn't meet your 500 post requirement, I think that is BS.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Quality is greater than Quantity. However i agree, those that are eligible should be those that contribute positive support\feedback and add back to the community.

With all the hate for the surface pro 3 I feel like I'm the only one who wants it lol

As someone that comes on the forum daily and doesn't meet your 500 post requirement, I think that is BS.

Sadly there isn't (for my knowledge) any way to see how many times per day user has logged in or how much time they have spent on site per visit. Only thing to us regular users to see whos been active or otherwise qualified to be active member are post count, likes, last login and join date. Which eventually makes post count and likes only real thing to see whos been most active and popular etc.

Thats why I personally am not against having these kind of giveaways where you can just create an account and your in. I think some OC3D giveaways have month etc. buffer for some premier giveaways. Maybe that could be the thing here too. That way you can't abuse the system.

I don't like some-styled giveaways where you score more entries by spamming something to your friends in FB, Twitter etc. That makes me feel like they are just advertising trick. Same way that any other corpored company would use. Not really being for community.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm a previous lurker and new poster so it's easy to say I agree with having comps/givaways for anyone with an account. I do see some very good reasons not to make all comps/givaways for overly active members with high post counts though.
If you make any contest/givaway post related you are going to get an over abundance of assholes on the forum padding their post count. Running even a small forum and moderating everyone is real work even when you have a good community and a good team to help keep on top of it all. A forum as large as this if not handled correctly can easily spin out of control, especially if you grow your community too fast and in a forceful manner.
Having a contest occasionally for people who contribute meaningful and helpful content on the forum and not post count related(as they are doing with the Lan Lappy) helps to promote the atmosphere that you want on a forum like this.

The assholes that don't really care may sometimes win but it's a sacrifice they make to mostly reward their loyal fans while growing a healthy community of like minded individuals.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Hahaha. I'm not much of a forum guy, but I created this account cause of the giveaway. Sorry if that bothers you.

it doesn't bother me that you created the account. It bothers me that Linus got us ~20k new members of which 99.9% will only post a couple times and usually have either really stupid questions or questions that have been answered many times and could be easily solved if they used the search option.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Watch out for Fake channels that pm you about the giveaway, I just got messaged by one that I won, sad

i live in uk and i waited until like half twelve at night to see the results 

There should have been a minimum post requirement. All of these 1 post wonders kept winning and never claimed the prize

The giveaway is a Linus Tech Tips giveaway, not just a Linus Tech Tips Forum giveaway. Stop whining.

when the winner is announced? on the next wan show ? or in giveaway forum ? or else ?