Parents Logic

Nyxathid

I've had similar arguments made by mine. I can sorta see where they were coming from, they're paying for it, but it is still kind of weird logic.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

inb4 people tell you to shut up and respect your parents.

Yeah... That's a bit backwards, it's his call if he's paying... Doesn't mean it makes sense though.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I've had similar arguments made by mine. I can sorta see where they were coming from, they're paying for it, but it is still kind of weird logic.

Even so .. the nexus will cost around 350 euros , the iphone 6 + will cost around 1000+ 

And Btw , i have money to get the nexus 6 (well i mean im missing 75 euros but still) , but he doesnt want me to beacuse my old phone is fine 

Even so .. the nexus will cost around 350 euros , the iphone 6 + will cost around 1000+ 

And Btw , i have money to get the nexus 6 (well i mean im missing 75 euros but still) , but he doesnt want me to beacuse my old phone is fine 

How old are you? Maybe he's afraid you'll become one of those facebook-zombies who can't take their eyes off their phone for two seconds. 

I am guessing he thinks that a smartphone is more important to her rather than you, you could look at a cheaper phone and convince your dad like the moto g. And if you are paying for it, your dad shouldn't care for what phone you go for because it is your money.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

The most expensive version will be around 999€, but I get your point.

maybe hes just trying to get in good with your mum ;)

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

She goes like : OMG OMG THE NEW IPHONE *SCREAMS*

Next Day : Meh and then they start fighting all over again 

She goes like : OMG OMG THE NEW IPHONE *SCREAMS*

Next Day : Meh and then they start fighting all over again 

But you forgot that night *winks uncontrollably* but ye bit silly

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

i am not blaming my parents, but my three years younger sister is allowed a lot more than i was at her age.

Tell me about it. I have a younger brother 6 years younger. I think I was first allowed to watch "M-rated" movies (in Australia that's films like most of the Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, the newer Harry Potters) when I was about 10 or 11. It was only about another year later that my 6 years younger brother was watching them too...

Maybe he justs loves her more;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Tell me about it. I have a younger brother 6 years younger. I think I was first allowed to watch "M-rated" movies (in Australia that's films like most of the Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, the newer Harry Potters) when I was about 10 or 11. It was only about another year later that my 6 years younger brother was watching them too...

i got a phone when i was 12. it was a brick nokia phone.

my sister got a motorola 100€ smartphone when she was 11.

now she wants a new iphone. she is 12. i got my first proper smartphone when i was 15. and i had to pay for it.

yesterday evening my sister had a sleepover. i heard them crying around until 2am. they watched three movies.

when i was at that age i stayed up to 10pm.

i almost bought all my stuff myself. i found myself a work that is quite decently payed.

she has basically no money because she spent it all on cosmetics, now my parents pay anything for her.

Nyxathid, on 20 Sept 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

My dad wants to give my mom the iPhone 6 Plus , but when i ask him for the new Nexus says that he doesnt want to beacuse my phone is fine

what do they call it? 'Getting it yourself is a great life lesson'...

I am happy little Vegemite.

My dad wants to give my mom the iPhone 6 Plus , but when i ask him for the new Nexus says that he doesnt want to beacuse my phone is fine

Mom phones : iPhone 5S

My phone: Nokia C5

Share your parents logic

Happy wife, happy life. What mom wants, mom gets. You are a child. You are not factored into the happy life equation. Get a job and buy your own phone.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

My parents are the most illogical people you will have ever met. Once in highschool my dad threatened to take away my car (not that he actually could because it was registered in my name and therefor my property) because my room was messy. His "logic" being that if I'm not responsible enough to pick up my room, then I'm not responsible enough to have a car. Now, I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to clean the rust off of his revolver because he left it out in the rain, and it royally fucked up the blueing on the gun (the finish on the metal). He's never once cleaned that gun himself, I've always been the one to clean it, I'm considering taking it and telling him he's not responsible enough to have it because he leaves it OUTSIDE, LOADED, IN THE RAIN. Which is dangerous to an extent I feel unnecessary to explain.

Happy wife, happy life. What mom wants, mom gets. You are a child. You are not factored into the happy life equation. Get a job and buy your own phone.

Being a parent does not make you god, nor does it make you 100% correct all of the time, or any time your child disagrees with you, simply because you are the parent.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

IT'S A BRITISH PERSON!

I'm Raciest and I know it.

Because he had a hard drive.

i got a phone when i was 12. it was a brick nokia phone.

my sister got a motorola 100€ smartphone when she was 11.

now she wants a new iphone. she is 12. i got my first proper smartphone when i was 15. and i had to pay for it.

yesterday evening my sister had a sleepover. i heard them crying around until 2am. they watched three movies.

when i was at that age i stayed up to 10pm.

i almost bought all my stuff myself. i found myself a work that is quite decently payed.

she has basically no money because she spent it all on cosmetics, now my parents pay anything for her.

i feel the same way man. I bought my pc, xbox, ipod, monitors, desk, ect and then my sister is juat givven ger i pad and expect that she cam just walk into my room amd kick me ogf what ever im doing.

And chores, dont wven get me started with those

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

i am not blaming my parents, but my three years younger sister is allowed a lot more than i was at her age.

My sister is 12 and my mom is already considering getting an iPhone for her. I didn't have a smartphone till I was 13... -_-

Life.exe is missing

He has his own money to pay for it.

So your cunt-ish  logic does not apply here.

He shouldn't have gotten a child if he doesn't want to care for it, what is this god-status some people apply to parents.

My sister is 12 and my mom is already considering getting an iPhone for her. I didn't have a smartphone till I was 13... -_-

I didn't get a flip phone until I was 18. Before that, I had no phone. Which actually ended up being an advantage since I didn't have to call in ever hour whilst partying to "check in" lol

All I know is that anything I like is somehow "stupid and useless and what's wrong with today's generation". God I can't wait until the baby boomers all die off or become too old to work anymore. Especially the ones running the world, we need to start getting some nerds in places of power or else the world is fucked.

I didn't get a flip phone until I was 18. Before that, I had no phone. Which actually ended up being an advantage since I didn't have to call in ever hour whilst partying to "check in" lol

All I know is that anything I like is somehow "stupid and useless and what's wrong with today's generation". God I can't wait until the baby boomers all die off or become too old to work anymore. Especially the ones running the world, we need to start getting some nerds in places of power or else the world is fucked.

I fucking hate those 'OMG THIS GENERATION IS FUCKED' screamers.

No, the generation is not fucked, at all, people are basing it off media-stories and the fact that tech is advancing which kids these days obviously grow up with. No good reasons at all.

I fucking hate those  'OMG THIS GENERATION IS FUCKED' screamers.

May such people disintegrate soon.

No, the generation is not fucked, at all, people are basing it off media-stories and the fact that tech is advancing which kinds these days obviously grow up with. No good reasons at all.

Meh, I do say the same thing sometimes about certain things. Like people having wrecks while texting, which is the fault of touch screen phones being popular, which I still don't get because I prefer buttons that I can feel. I could text and drive all day long on my old button phone because I didn't need to look at it.

I still think myspace and facebook should be shutdown completely.