Did android authority fake a iPhone 6 drop test ?

ETRJ

One of them already did, and then when several posters showed him evidence, he vanished.

"

Darcy Alexander LaCouvee Team AA Brian Roodea day ago

Brian, I was there and I can assure you that neither phones display shattered."

And then nothing after that. I would normally be extremely skeptical of conspiracies like these because sometimes things just aren't as they seem but this seems too fishy even for me.

Hope we are wrong because this really doesnt make sense.

All we saw was a panel out of place. We didn't see anything shatter or anything. So while I understand it looks shady, we have no real evidence that anything other than what they claimed occurred actually did.

All we saw was a panel out of place. We didn't see anything shatter or anything. So while I understand it looks shady, we have no real evidence that anything other than what they claimed occurred actually did.

Nope, but we did see it snap out, and its still deception to pop it back in again before showing it. And I don't think the screen would be unharmed from that the entire corner of the screen popping out. But their silence over 24 hours kinda speaks louder than words. Their youtube channel and site is flooded with comments....And they have posted tons of stories, reviews and so on since

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Let's not jump to conclusions. There's no proof that Apple paid anybody to do this.

Oh, right. It was Samsung.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

ITT: People think APPLE, the company that actually has more money than God and has more marketing power from speaking a few words than most companies can muster in their entire existence, would pay a fucking YouTube channel to fake a drop test.

Wow. Just wow. 

Are you guys that desperate to hate on Apple that we need to delve into these levels of FUD? 

Do you really think Apple needs to do that? Really? 

1/10 made me reply

ITT: People think APPLE, the company that actually has more money than God and has more marketing power from speaking a few words than most companies can muster in their entire existence, would pay a fucking YouTube channel to fake a drop test.

Wow. Just wow. 

Are you guys that desperate to hate on Apple that we need to delve into these levels of FUD? 

Yeah I don't really think Apple gives a shit about drop tests, to be honest. They know who their customers are, and their customers don't give a shit about drop tests either. It would make no sense for them to do this.

It hasn't even been 24 hours unless they had it early...

Nope, but he did have time to answer one comment and then vanishes.

Yeah I don't really think Apple gives a shit about drop tests, to be honest. They know who their customers are, and their customers don't give a shit about drop tests either. It would make no sense for them to do this.

I agree! Which is why this is really weird and why I want the truth. There is something fishy. Listen to their voices after the last drop. Worst acting ever.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I agree! Which is why this is really weird and why I want the truth. There is something fishy. Listen to their voices after the last drop. Worst acting ever.

Yeah you see I thought that too... but I am not sure if my perception of terrible acting was not tainted by the fact that I was expecting it due to the context in which I watched the video. What does perfectly natural speech/behaviour sound/look like when you in fact believe it to be acting? I don't know.

Yeah you see I thought that too... but I am not sure if my perception of terrible acting was not tainted by the fact that I was expecting it due to the context in which I watched the video. What does perfectly natural speech/behaviour sound/look like when you in fact believe it to be acting? I don't know.

Like most of the rest of the video....It clearly changed after the suspect drop.

yeah,,,, this is fake why would an andriod website fake something for apple? 

Because no one would believe that apple-hating website would take money from apple-loving source.

After the nude leak Apple has to prove to many that they have a strong product out. 

Wow. Just wow.

Do you really think Apple needs to do that? Really?

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but look at the pictures and you can see there does seem to be some odd stuff going on. Whether or not Apple PAID them to do that is up for debate, but it does seem like the only logical conclusion.

Also; a little off topic but Apple does some SHADY stuff when it cones to journalism, like blacklisting whoever is overly critical of them, and shunning them. Paying youtubers isn't THAT unlikely.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Wow. Just wow. 

Yeah I don't think Apple did it. It's is clear as day that AA tampered with the phone before showing it to the camera. You can see it get damaged in the video and you can see that it doesn't line up the same with the tiles.

My guess is that if a bunch of drop tests shows the iPhone breaking, and then AA has one drop test showing it unharmed that video will be linked far more often than just another one where it breaks.

I am 90% sure Android Authority faked it, but I don't think they faked it because they were paid by Apple.

Why don't we let AA answer these accusations instead of assuming they are guilty. No one saw glass shatter. Yeah, you see a screen pop out of the casing, but that isn't the same as shattering. I don't know why they wouldn't just saw that's what happened, but it's not my place to say. These aren't minor accusations that people are throwing around and you're soiling the name of what, to my knowledge, has been a credible source of information in the past. Why would they just throw that all away? 

Well they are deleting any comment accusing them for faking it.

I doubt we will get an answer. Chances are they will just try to sweep it under the rug.

I think the "shattered glass" is just gravel or something like that.Oh wait,nevermind.It's both gravel/cement/whatever and some glass.

And the screen obviously fell apart...

Heck,not even the tiles on the floor match!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't see why they would bother faking it, unless they are planning to create a spin-off like Apple Authority.

Also to people that says they switched the phone with a second one: You guys do know that they actually tested 2 phones but only showed a compressed footage making it appear to be only one test, right? And no this was not a secret. He clearly said this was a drop test for iPhone 6 AND 6 Plus.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Don't see why they would bother faking it, unless they are planning to create a spin-off like Apple Authority.

Also to people that says they switched the phone with a second one: You guys do know that they actually tested 2 phones but only showed a compressed footage making it appear to be only one test, right? And no this was not a secret. He clearly said this was a drop test for iPhone 6 AND 6 Plus.

Check out thaesino's post on the second page, the suspect is the iPhone 6 Plus, do you really think a tech forum like us will mistake 2 phones for one?

Well if anything they sounded super suspicious after picking up the phone, saying things like: "no way, no way!" "You have got to be kidding me" "Some of the best drops i have ever done".

Considering the amount of times they have dropped a phone and it didn't shatter, you'd imagine that they would expect a positive result for durability - lest surprised by one.

Looks fake to me but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were paid by Apple.  

Nice job not watching the video and assuming that nobody else did either.

The part that supposedly snapped off was the top, right? Because the bottom is screwed in, a friend dropped her iPhone 5c and the back case snapped off but it is easy to snap back on. But then android authority even when a Samsung phone snaps the case off they show it before snapping it back on, so that is a bit weird. Also on most drop test you can see the dust particles fly away and they look like glass.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

What I'm surprised to see are people defending the test. Hmmm... too bad we don't have a video recording of the corner of the screen coming off. Oh wait...

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Nice job not watching the video and assuming that nobody else did either.

I watched the video. I don't understand what you are talking about.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I really like Josh. Him and Michael Fisher are the only people I can stand watching about boring phones (sorry Linus).

In the video, I can only see gravel moving. What I feel happened is that the phone broke in the bottom (slightly dislodged as shown in vid) but didnt crack, and they noticed it later / didn't think it was worth pointing out.

If it turns out they faked it for views or money, josh or no josh, they can go fuck themselves cos thats just fucking bullshit.

EDIT: Also, after checking, the phone was picked up off the ground in the same position as it was when it was dropped, i.e. the ground tiles match up, so this is either trying really hard to trick us or it's an honest mistake imho.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.