Did android authority fake a iPhone 6 drop test ?

ETRJ

its clearly not faked, can people get of the fanboy bandwagon

Look at all the photos here carefully, it's fake. Otherwise you are blind.

yeah,,,, this is fake why would an andriod website fake something for apple? 

Then why use more than one iPhone 6? I mean... I have proof right there that the iPhone 6 wasn't on the same spot on the ground when he went to pick it up.

Why would the phone be in a different place after we just saw where it fell? Did it magically slide on a concrete floor?

I didn't make these photos up. They're right there in the video.

yeah,,,, this is fake why would an andriod website fake something for apple?

It better be a good amount of money that AA got because this is so out of the blue, they will lose some subs and cred over this.

It better be a good amount of money that AA got because this is so out of the blue, they will lose some subs and cred over this.

Emphasis on some. I'm willing to bet a lot of their subs wouldn't even care, sadly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Emphasis on some. I'm willing to bet a lot of their subs wouldn't even care, sadly.

Or not even notice.

ITT: People think APPLE, the company that actually has more money than God and has more marketing power from speaking a few words than most companies can muster in their entire existence, would pay a fucking YouTube channel to fake a drop test.

Wow. Just wow. 

Are you guys that desperate to hate on Apple that we need to delve into these levels of FUD? 

Do you really think Apple needs to do that? Really? 

In the AA video, the phone does clearly come apart a little. However, there is no visual evidence that the screen cracked. All I saw was dirt and debris flying around. The phone was indeed moved slightly between it falling and him picking it up, but that doesn't mean they switched phones. They could have switched it for an unbroken screen, or they could have pressed the part that came apart back together.

In the end, I'm disappointed that they clearly covered up part of the frame taking damage, and the fact that they are deleting comments pointing this out. I'm unsubscribing from them now.

If apple offered you a ton of money to promote their rubbish, you probably would too. Even I myself.

Sadly when poorly done this kind of things happen and both parties lose credibility. AA made a bad move on this one.

that piece of whatever was already there, and i dont see the screen coming off, honestly who cares, this is just a test and in real life any phone could or could not break

i took a screen shot of before and after, that piece of whatever is on both shots

post-142581-0-49806300-1411192292_thumb.

post-142581-0-80892400-1411192295_thumb.

Good work AA, being paid to fake shit, now I can't trust your other drop tests too

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Yes they did fake it, here you go

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Good work AA, being paid to fake shit, now I can't trust your other drop tests too

I was very disappointed, I mean they have great shows like Google weekly or Android Q&A but that the only thing that I will care about in their channel.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I was very disappointed, I mean they have great shows like Google weekly or Android Q&A but that the only thing that I will care about in their channel.

I know right, well, money gets the best of people I guess

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Then how do you explain other videos.

-snip-

Really really we are fanboys.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You'd think that ANDROID authority wouldn't want to iPhone to succeed... 

I didn't see any glass shattering, i saw some dust/dirt and a piece of dried grass move.

Plus why would an Android site fake anything good for an Apple product?

After all they are a business.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I really can't imagine apple paying them to do this video.  However I can't think of another reason why they would fake it unless they are after a quick injection of hits to their channel.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i saw this vid yesterday ( it just poped in random and i was like heck let's see if it is sturdy) and at the half of the vid i was like wtf are people so stupid that they will believe this ?

i saw some comments and they were like apple is amazing ,this is a beast,apple is the king

i don't go into wars of apple vs android (i just can't afford a 800 euro + device) but it seems like most of their users are stupid  

ITT: People think APPLE, the company that actually has more money than God and has more marketing power from speaking a few words than most companies can muster in their entire existence, would pay a fucking YouTube channel to fake a drop test.

Wow. Just wow. 

Are you guys that desperate to hate on Apple that we need to delve into these levels of FUD? 

Do you really think Apple needs to do that? Really? 

did you saw the whole vid closely ? 

i was thinking apple would not pay for something like this too ,i was surprised but dude calm down and watch it 

I do see the panel popping out but I didn't see any glass bouncing off the screen like how its in other tests. They could've easily just pop the screen back in. I'm not sure

Plus drop tests are not at all reliable. My friend dropped my 4S once onto the floor (tiles) from chest portion and there wasn't even a single crack even though drop tests says that they aren't durable at all

Why don't we let AA answer these accusations instead of assuming they are guilty. No one saw glass shatter. Yeah, you see a screen pop out of the casing, but that isn't the same as shattering. I don't know why they wouldn't just saw that's what happened, but it's not my place to say. These aren't minor accusations that people are throwing around and you're soiling the name of what, to my knowledge, has been a credible source of information in the past. Why would they just throw that all away? 

I think I can understand why people are getting so wound up about this video but I doubt anything was faked. The screen coming out that people keep seeing looks to be a combination of low quality footage, lighting and youtube video quality (i watched it in 1080, it appears to just not be very high quality) making the plastic edge trim appear to be the screen popping out. 

Also pointing to other tests where the screen did shatter does not prove anything. drop tests are not controlled tests, they have a number of uncontrolled variables that can change the outcome, even in android authority's own video they seemed incapable of landing the handset in a consistent manor. without some kind of drop rig that ensures consistent impact velocity and the angle at which the phone lands none of these tests mean anything beyond anecdotal evidence.

Maybe apple have made quite a tough handset? is it really so hard to believe that such a company with more money than the US government could make their expensive phones hard to break? The apple reality distortion field seems to work both ways

Why don't we let AA answer these accusations instead of assuming they are guilty. No one saw glass shatter. Yeah, you see a screen pop out of the casing, but that isn't the same as shattering. I don't know why they wouldn't just saw that's what happened, but it's not my place to say. These aren't minor accusations that people are throwing around and you're soiling the name of what, to my knowledge, has been a credible source of information in the past. Why would they just throw that all away? 

They deleted comments already.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

They deleted comments already.

Give him a few days to comment. They could have just been taken down because they are defamatory. I don't know, I just think it wouldn't make sense for them to fake anything. What do they stand to gain?

Give him a few days to comment. They could have just been taken down because they are defamatory. I don't know, I just think it wouldn't make sense for them to fake anything. What do they stand to gain?

One of them already did, and then when several posters showed him evidence, he vanished.

"

Darcy Alexander LaCouvee Team AA Brian Roode a day ago

Brian, I was there and I can assure you that neither phones display shattered."

And then nothing after that. I would normally be extremely skeptical of conspiracies like these because sometimes things just aren't as they seem but this seems too fishy even for me.

Hope we are wrong because this really doesnt make sense.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.