Did android authority fake a iPhone 6 drop test ?

ETRJ

To me it just looks like the front of the case came off which should just clip back on, it didn't really look like anything shattered.

To me it just looks like the front of the case came off which should just clip back on, it didn't really look like anything shattered.

The screen came off for the second phone drop test. And when he picked it up, it looks like a completely different phone.

For the first drop test, the position of the phone after he dropped doesn't tally with the position right before he was picking it up.

The evidence is there for all to see, I just don't get why people keep bringing up the shattering of display, that was not the point here.

I honestly don't care for the results of the drop test either way. This is a big deal because many people come to AA for information on phone reviews that they can trust. How could you trust them anymore after this? Now we know they could easily fake reviews or benchmark results or whatever.

But honestly, I don't think this will hurt them that much. As I've seen from other youtubers who have messed up, this will just pass away like nothing has happened. It's a shame to see this on AA as I really like Jayce's videos. 

Core i5 3470 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ | Kingston 8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz) | Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V LGA1155 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 2GB DirectCUII OC | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII | LITEON 24x DVD-RW | Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W | Xigmatek Midgard II Window | Logitech G100 Gaming Keyboard | LG 23" IPS234V | Edifier M1380 | Bravo Audio Ocean Tube Amp | Sennheiser HD600 | Sansa Clip+ | Yamaha EPH-100

Check this out.

Picture of phone still on the floor after being dropped

original.jpg?w=600&h

Picture of the Phone when he goes to pick it up (NOTE: Phone has "not" been touched yet)

original.jpg?w=600&h

You can see that it is slightly off from its original placement. In the second picture the entire bottom left tile is visible, compared to only 4/5th on the first one.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

So easy for them to prove it wasn't faked. Release a video with all of the cameras simultaneously playing and no* cuts. Every angle. End of story. If they come out and say anything about not having the footage anymore... It's bullshit.

Ask Linus how much footage he's deleted within a day of editing it.

----------------
Edit *not to no

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

A point I'd like to point is WHY they didn't show them popping the screen back. Of which I believe the reason is simple, THEY CAN'T. If they're faking the drop, then obviously they can't show them popping a cracked screen back and it is hard to replicate popping a screen out.

And to those of you screaming there's no concrete evidence the screen cracked. OF COURSE. If they're faking the drop, would AA be SO DUMB as to include a footage of the cracked screen in the video? Then you ask "Why did they include the footage showing the screen popped out then?". Well, quite simple again, you see at 3:40, there's clearly 3 cameras and so the 3 different drop footage. If they removed one and specifically the one with the slowest slomo and only showed the other two then it's even more obvious they are hiding something. 

On a side note I think it's hilarious and sad how many blind sheep are in the video's comment section. A bunch of reasonable people using evidence to support their claim that the drop was faked while apple fanboys counter argue using 0 evidence and mocking them as fanboys while clearly they're the ones who are. It's really sad knowing at the end of the day, the video will practically still be given full credibility as the ones who noticed AA faked this are the minority after all. I mean, just look at the like to dislike ratio. That's the ratio people believe the video wasn't faked...

What clearly happened is one (or both) of the screws that hold the screen in place (except for the glue) broke. If you watch it frame-by-frame, it's clear the debris isn't the iPhone 6 glass. All they would of had to do is push it back into place depending on how the actual screws or port was broke. They marveled on the screen not breaking, not the tiny little screws holding it in place (which can be replaced by the way).

End of story. Please stop with the hate.

What clearly happened is one (or both) of the screws that hold the screen in place (except for the glue) broke. If you watch it frame-by-frame, it's clear the debris isn't the iPhone 6 glass. All they would of had to do is push it back into place depending on how the actual screws or port was broke.

Okay, now give me one good reason why they would push it back in before showing it to us?

And while you're at it, please explain the lack of continuity between the placement of the phone after the drop and when they went to pick it up.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Okay, now give me one good reason why they would push it back in before showing it to us?

And while you're at it, please explain the lack of continuity between the placement of the phone after the drop and when they went to pick it up.

The main argument is if they faked the screen breakage part; and we can clearly see (with knowledge of how an iPhone is put together) that's not the case.

What clearly happened is one (or both) of the screws that hold the screen in place (except for the glue) broke. If you watch it frame-by-frame, it's clear the debris isn't the iPhone 6 glass. All they would of had to do is push it back into place depending on how the actual screws or port was broke. They marveled on the screen not breaking, not the tiny little screws holding it in place (which can be replaced by the way).

The main argument is if they faked the screen breakage part; and we can clearly see (with knowledge of how an iPhone is put together) that's not the case.

Now I will elaborate a little further on my OPINION; if anyone cares. I believe the drop test for the bottom of the phone messed with the screws or port and the last one threw the final blow. As a fairly intelligent consumer, I'd personally just push the screen back in place and think none of it after that. Now obviously if it effected my usage of the device, I would complain. I believe all Android Authority did, was just skip the "just push the screen back in place and think none of it" part altogether.

okey if AA did not fake their vids tell me how this guy faked his because either AA faked the tests or techraxx 

maybe I don't want to ;)

maybe we dont want to scroll through 6 of your posts and you should consider other users before being an ass ;)

Now I will elaborate a little further on my OPINION; if anyone cares. I believe the drop test for the bottom of the phone messed with the screws or port and the last one threw the final blow. As a fairly intelligent consumer, I'd personally just push the screen back in place and think none of it after that. Now obviously if it effected my usage of the device, I would complain. I believe all Android Authority did, was just skip the "just push the screen back in place and think none of it" part altogether.

so your saying that they pushed the screen back in the showed that the screen was fine....and you dont think that is miss leading? because it is.  the screen is not meant to come away form the body so it broke, therefore it failed the drop test and yet AA are acting like everything is fine

the thing that really strikes me is the silence from AA

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

No, the main argument is AA mislead their viewers, whether or not the screen broke is just a discussion.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In regard to this video, I still think the phone held together well. But if someone bumps into you I think it might break even on "texting-height".

Btw. if you look at the part where it shatters at 0.25speed, it looks as if it doesn't shatter on the initial impact but rather when it bounces on the corner afterwards. 

I know, but it uses the same glass as the iPhone 5S so how could this happen.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yeah I doubt that the tests are legit as 90% of other drop test videos I have watched have involved the iphone's screen shattering almost instantly upon dropping it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

• 3 months later...