Did android authority fake a iPhone 6 drop test ?

ETRJ

i saw this vid yesterday ( it just poped in random and i was like heck let's see if it is sturdy) and at the half of the vid i was like wtf are people so stupid that they will believe this ?

i saw some comments and they were like apple is amazing ,this is a beast,apple is the king

i don't go into wars of apple vs android (i just can't afford a 800 euro + device) but it seems like most of their users are stupid

did you saw the whole vid closely ? 
i was thinking apple would not pay for something like this too ,i was surprised but dude calm down and watch it 

Lol. 

I watched the video. I don't understand what you are talking about.

It's not "compressed" like you claim. All of the tests for each phone are clearly shown. Also, we're not idiots. He shows both phones at the start of the video and the size difference between the phones is obvious.

lol wrong. Ugh, watch too closely and you might start seeing things, like I did.

Maybe

qnhLgp.png

I don't see how anyone can deny that the screen popped out. There's no proof of shattering, and I don't believe that it was glass particles in the vid, but come on! "Seeing things"? Are you kidding me?

It may have been the gravel. I don't see any shattering

EDIT: Matt did a drop test..guess what? it shattered. I change my opinion. It does look fake lol

-snip-

Was he using those shitty Apple headphones as a mic?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I don't see how anyone can deny that the screen popped out. There's no proof of shattering, and I don't believe that it was glass particles in the vid, but come on! "Seeing things"? Are you kidding me?

Sorry I confused you, I was talking about myself. I had posted some less then legit screens caps before I edited it, the comment was for anyone that saw the original before I fixed it. They(imgs) can still be found in the gallery attached to my profile.

I would have an easy time believing that a screen protector was used, however.

Yes they did fake it, here you go

In regard to this video, I still think the phone held together well. But if someone bumps into you I think it might break even on "texting-height".

Btw. if you look at the part where it shatters at 0.25speed, it looks as if it doesn't shatter on the initial impact but rather when it bounces on the corner afterwards. 

Indeed.  Corner impacts kill way more screens than flat drops.  Ideally they'd need to juggle a bit with the phone before actually letting it drop to the ground, these flat drop tests are fairly pointless.

Is it just me or are a bunch of Apple fans or something making multiple accounts and posting here?

Also, a screen protector was probably used.

Is it just me or are a bunch of Apple fans or something making multiple accounts and posting here?

Just cause people are calling bullshit on this and not willing to blindly lay blame makes them Apple fans making multiple accounts?

Please, take a step back and realize how stupid that sounds.

Amazing.

It's not "compressed" like you claim. All of the tests for each phone are clearly shown. Also, we're not idiots. He shows both phones at the start of the video and the size difference between the phones is obvious.

Actually what I meant was... wait I just realized something. I don't care. I don't care if iPhone can survive a drop and I don't care if Android Authority lied.

Shit, I posted here for no reason.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Using a screen protector for a drop test wouldn't be any less suspicious. That said, based on other tests, the screen probably popped out. I also don't think that a thin sheet of plastic would look like that.

Actually what I meant was... wait I just realized something. I don't care. I don't care if iPhone can survive a drop and I don't care if Android Authority lied.

Shit, I posted here for no reason.

You mean that you realized what you actually meant was even more ridiculous, unless you're claiming that the 6+ has a larger Lightning port, 3.5mm port (lol), and camera sensor.

Guys it could be the white gravel, I don;t see anything coming apart.

are you blind ?

its clearly not faked, can people get of the fanboy bandwagon

how is it not faked ? Did you even watch the video ?

Because no one would believe that apple-hating website would take money from apple-loving source.

very true

sometimes you can tell if there is one or not

Some people really do make this forum hateful. Either way this does seem fishy. Im more on the side of it being a fake test drop. Am I an apple hater? No. Now whoever says I am I really don't give a shite.

Some people really do make this forum hateful. Either way this does seem fishy. Im more on the side of it being a fake test drop. Am I an apple hater? No. Now whoever says I am I really don't give a shite.

I'm not a apple hater I own more apple products than android products

Just cause people are calling bullshit on this and not willing to blindly lay blame makes them Apple fans making multiple accounts?

Please, take a step back and realize how stupid that sounds.

Amazing.

What's your take on this?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

sometimes you can tell if there is one or not

LEARN HOW TO MULTI QUOTE!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Yep, I really don't think the screen broke, but I do think the fixed or swapped phones before picking it up, and most probably for the hits on the video.

At the end of the day those these tests mean nothing,  there is no smash proof phone, it's just par for the course with a smart phone, these tests aren't going to point you to a phone less likely to break nor are they going to prevent you from dropping yours.  So why do people even watch them?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sure the guy who bought the first iPhone dropped it on camera and clearly damaged it. wtf Apple, stop bribing people, or at least bribe the ones who can do a half decent job  :rolleyes:

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

LEARN HOW TO MULTI QUOTE!

maybe I don't want to ;)